TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Armenian police target teenage rock cult

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Armenian police target teenage rock cult Evil10
More Numbers : 7626858
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Armenian police target teenage rock cult Empty
PostSubject: Armenian police target teenage rock cult   Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:35 pm

Link

When police officers arrived at 13-year-old Masha's home, searched her room and inspected her computer, it was not because they suspected her of any crime.

Her offence was simply to be a devoted follower of the angst-ridden punk-rock subculture known as 'emo', in an ex-Soviet state where pressures to conform remain strong.

"It was offensive and frightening at the same time," said Masha, a schoolgirl in the Armenian capital, clearly upset by the experience.

Police in Yerevan have been conducting a campaign against the capital's small but controversial emo community since the recent suicides of two teenagers who were rumoured to have been emo fans.

They claim that the subculture represents a threat to young people's welfare.

Officers have visited schools, searched pupils whose distinctive clothing marks them out as possible 'emos', and mounted surveillance on public places where young people gather.

Several fans have been detained for questioning, despite the lack of any specific legislation against the musical genre or its followers.

The story continues at the link.

I know it isn't about us pre se but it's got to be frightening to be under surveillance for wearing what you wear or listening to what you listen to.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Armenian police target teenage rock cult Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7619472
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Armenian police target teenage rock cult   Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:08 am

That's friggin' nuts. Just because of the music she listens to??
Geez.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Armenian police target teenage rock cult Bjevig
More Numbers : 7524504
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Armenian police target teenage rock cult   Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:01 am

"We're doing it for the children." That mentality sometimes gets impractically annoying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
ani raina
ani raina

Taurus Number of posts : 39
: : Armenian police target teenage rock cult 2cf2wwg
More Numbers : 6572916
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Armenian police target teenage rock cult   Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:08 am

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
"We're doing it for the children." That mentality sometimes gets impractically annoying.
yep...i hate that lame excuse! This reminds me of an anti-goth page i came across yesterday....www.godhatesgoths.com if u go decide 2 go....b prepared 2 read some crazy sh*t!
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Armenian police target teenage rock cult Bjevig
More Numbers : 7524504
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Armenian police target teenage rock cult   Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:24 am

ani raina wrote:
Ginger_Snaps wrote:
yep...i hate that lame excuse! This reminds me of an anti-goth page i came across yesterday....www.godhatesgoths.com if u go decide 2 go....b prepared 2 read some crazy sh*t!

Just so you know, that is a parody site. Somewhere there is a disclaimer stating as such.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
ani raina
ani raina

Taurus Number of posts : 39
: : Armenian police target teenage rock cult 2cf2wwg
More Numbers : 6572916
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Armenian police target teenage rock cult   Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:40 am

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
ani raina wrote:
Ginger_Snaps wrote:

Just so you know, that is a parody site. Somewhere there is a disclaimer stating as such.
:o really? Phew! Site looked official but....yay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
: : Armenian police target teenage rock cult 25a7xqo
More Numbers : 7519837
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Armenian police target teenage rock cult   Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:47 pm

It is indeed a parody site, but all parodies make fun of something right? It's making fun of legit websites called godhatesfags.com and godhatesamerican.com, both are by the hate group Westboro Baptist Church. Godhatesgoths.com is essentially the same as these other websites, it's not really exaggerating when it makes fun of the things that are said on the legit websites.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Armenian police target teenage rock cult   Armenian police target teenage rock cult I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Armenian police target teenage rock cult
Page 1 of 1