TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

As if it really needed to be official...

Go down 
+3
endless dark
ravengrim
Apocalypse
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Number of posts : 237
More Numbers : 7493372
Registration date : 2008-08-12

As if it really needed to be official... Empty
PostSubject: As if it really needed to be official...   As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 1:32 am

... I think we pretty much all hate Facebook for one reason or another but, much like the government, we use it anyway.  What are your thoughts on why we still use it, that is if you're aligned with this point of view?

(note: It's been a while since I've used this forum so I apologize if it's in the wrong category.)
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/apocalypsenotquiteyet
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : As if it really needed to be official... Evil10
More Numbers : 7626858
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: As if it really needed to be official...   As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 2:24 am

I use Facebook to network.I use it for advocacy,for keeping up with politics and local laws ect.

But I think Facebook is rapidly doing itself in and here's why.

16% all I'm perhaps getting from content I like is 16 percent and even that is being censored.

I'd include a link but it's political and I know people hate that so trust me when I say it's only 16 percent of not just page feeds or posts but everyone's page feeds and posts.

I don't game and I hated when they forced timeline on us.How come the only places that get the content exactly right are forums?

So oddly enough Facebook is helping to turn the clock back on itself.

I don't like google plus either.

Other people have real world business reasons for using it. Some use it for family (me too) and others use it because it's convenient.

Tapatalk and online mobile access has to figure into it too.......
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : As if it really needed to be official... Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7621487

PostSubject: Re: As if it really needed to be official...   As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:22 am

It's the easiest way to keep updated on the various forms of stuff I like since I'm still avoiding twitter and checking each individual web site for updates would be maddening. That and there are a few "liked" pages that I think work better in that format like "tweets from the past", "post secrets" or "no hope for the human race" that I'm not sure would work as well in this kind of format. Rarely I'll play a game and I'm able to keep in contact with a few people that I haven't seen or even communicated with in years prior to adding them there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : As if it really needed to be official... Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7613755

PostSubject: Re: As if it really needed to be official...   As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 11:18 am

I only use Facebook to keep up to date with old friends, new friends and getting updates from the bands I listen to. After having children you loose touch with everything so it's nice to be kept updated about real world events, band events etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As if it really needed to be official...   As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 2:06 pm

I have my distance friends and family on there... though the only thing keeping me there lately is one of the musicians I follow keeps posting discussions. Granted, there's the slew of people just kissing his a$$, but there is a few of us that actually discusses the topic.

Other than that... Twitter. I follow comic artists on there and a handful of other people. I don't have to wade through tons of crap to get to the people I follow like on facebook. I'd rather have the forums back though... with tons of people. If there's only 5-10 regular posters, you don't get too much discussion because you either already know what someone is going to say or eventually you all agree with one another. tongue
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : As if it really needed to be official... 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7618167

PostSubject: Re: As if it really needed to be official...   As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:27 pm

I dip in and out of Facebook and it does come in handy to keep in touch with friends who I would otherwise only "see" once or twice a year at gigs. That said, I'm trying to actively do other things such as catch up on reading and bake - I intensely dislike the way in which it gathers information about you. I dont want anybody know things about me unless I want them to know  Mad 
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : As if it really needed to be official... Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7619472

PostSubject: Re: As if it really needed to be official...   As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 10:54 pm

I use Facebook for entertainment, information and keeping in touch with people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : As if it really needed to be official... Bjevig
More Numbers : 7524504
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: As if it really needed to be official...   As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 4:09 am

Facebook? What is this crazy place called Facebook?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Number of posts : 237
More Numbers : 7493372
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: As if it really needed to be official...   As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 10:49 pm

I do it because it seems tailor-made for lazy asses like myself that only want to link to videos or just hit a "Like" button.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/apocalypsenotquiteyet
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As if it really needed to be official...   As if it really needed to be official... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As if it really needed to be official...
Page 1 of 1