TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 Evil10
More Numbers : 7696447
Registration date : 2008-07-21

John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 Empty
PostSubject: John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59   John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:21 pm

Damn

John Hughes, the director and screenwriter who helped define a young generation with his ’80s films “Sixteen Candles,” “The Breakfast Club” and “Pretty in Pink,” has died.

The cause was a heart attack, according to a statement from the publicists Paul Bloch and Michelle Bega.

Mr. Hughes first began as a screenwriter, gaining notoriety for his screenplay for “National Lampoon’s Vacation,” which became a popular franchise.

But his true success came with his directorial debut, “Sixteen Candles,” which made a star out of its young lead, Molly Ringwald.

Mr. Hughes was responsible for a slew of films in the 1980s that defined what it meant to be an American teenager, from the music to the fashion to the social faux pas. His universe of nerds and jocks, socialites and misfits, rockers and rebels – not to mention overbearing principals, clueless teachers and absentee parents – also influenced a generation of movie-goers and -makers, versing them in a common language of pop culture idioms that persists decades on. “Mess with the bull, get the horns.”

He made a star of quirky girls – as embodied by Ms. Ringwald in “Pretty in Pink” and “16 Candles” (and Ally Sheedy in “The Breakfast Club”) – and charmingly cocky, off-center boys, like Matthew Broderick’s character in “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.” (“Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?”)

Though Mr. Hughes graduated to more adult fare with films like “Planes, Trains and Automobiles” and had his biggest hits with explicitly family-oriented material like “Home Alone,” he remains associated with creating an ideal of American youth that allowed for idiosyncrasy and growth.

Cliques could reliably be broken down, the girl could get the guy, and parents would always go out of town so you could have a killer house party.

RIP dead candles sosad
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7654013
Registration date : 2008-08-20

John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59   John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:38 pm

sosad Aw! hug R.I.P John candles

And thankyou for Ferris Bueller’s Day Off! clap

I've not seen any of the other movies, but I'm sure they're just as great!
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 Evil10
More Numbers : 7696447
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59   John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:45 pm

cynfullov wrote:
sosad Aw! hug R.I.P John candles

And thankyou for Ferris Bueller’s Day Off! clap

I've not seen any of the other movies, but I'm sure they're just as great!

omg You've never seen The Breakfast Club? Oh Cyn you have to rent it now!
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7654013
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59   John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:39 pm

I've never seen it. It must be really really good for you to say that.
I'll have to see if I can find it soon. Thks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59   John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Hughes, Director of ‘The Breakfast Club’ and ‘Sixteen Candles,’ Dies at 59
Page 1 of 1