TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art Evil10
More Numbers : 7684630
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art Empty
PostSubject: Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art   Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:42 pm

Rob Sacchetto

He's killed nearly a thousand now, by his count. All he needs is a photograph of the victim and then his mind begins turning and twisting the image, creating horror from the mundane.

Rob Sacchetto examines each new picture and sees past the happy smile and the straight, white teeth. He stares at each one until he sees only death, and decay, and the hopeless despair of the soon-to-be dead.

Customers come to Sacchetto to undergo the painless process of zombification. He takes their image and re-makes them with paint, a brush and a pen. On his canvas, their eyes sink into deep sockets, their lips partially rot away, and untethered skin slides off shiny, blood-red muscle. Pustules group in knotted clumps.

And his customers love it.

In 2006, Sacchetto had two problems. His job as a freelance illustrator gave him some work, but it wasn't enough to manage without a second job at an off-brand adult video rental store. Worse, the work he did get was dry and unfulfilling. His love was horror, and zombies especially.

"One day, I decided to mash my love of horror with my love of art, " Sacchetto told AOL News. "The first (zombie) portraits were of me and my wife. That got the ball rolling."

A friend saw the pieces and made a quick website where Sacchetto could offer to do the same for others.

Rob's Website

"I was swamped overnight."

While it was a relief to know that his idea to make zombie art was commercially viable, the timing was so close to Christmas that he was unexpectedly deluged with work, and the orders kept pouring in.
It led him to create and release a new book called "Zombiewood Weekly: The Celebrity Dead Exposed" (Ulysses Press), which features over 125 celebrities artfully and grossly disfigured. Everybody is fair game, from Lady Gaga to Woody Allen, and Charles Bronson to the queen of England.

Sacchetto said that some of his own favorites in the book include Prince Charles and Sylvester Stallone, but Donald Trump was the easiest to zombify.

"I don't often wince at my own drawings, but this one was just hideous. He just has that face for it I guess, and his hair is mesmerizing ... it's incredible."

The one he found most difficult turned out to be one of the most famous: Mel Gibson.

"It was hard to know how to zombify him. So many people have so many perceptions of him," Sacchetto said. "I'm trying to find out what picture to use, what angle to use. When someone is that exposed, it's difficult."

One of the few celebrities that he hasn't zombified yet is the one he doesn't want to do: Harrison Ford.

"He was one of my heroes for so long. He's sort of, that hero icon. I couldn't find it with him," he said.

While Sacchetto hasn't ruled it out, he's trying to hold off creating a zombie Harrison Ford as long as he can. But he can't hold off forever.

After all, you only kill the ones you love.
Back to top Go down

Rob Sacchetto:Zombie Art
Page 1 of 1