TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages

RIP Amy Winehouse

Go down 
+3
RedAngel
Ginger_Snaps
helen damnation
7 posters
AuthorMessage
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : RIP Amy Winehouse 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756
Registration date : 2008-07-21

RIP Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: RIP Amy Winehouse   RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 5:16 pm

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/singer-amy-winehouse-found-dead-154948041.html

I was very sad to hear the news of Amy's untimely passing although not altogether shocked.

She had an amazing voice and total individuality. I detest drugs with a passion but it was her life and she lived it her way although I suspect that others on the outside led her to a certain extent

RIP darlin, see you at the bar sometime xx candles
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : RIP Amy Winehouse Bjevig
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

RIP Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Amy Winehouse   RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:26 pm

No surprises here either. Poor girl was tormented by her inner demons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : RIP Amy Winehouse 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

RIP Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Amy Winehouse   RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:28 pm

May she be at peace. candles This is so sad. Drink/drugs are indicators of bigger problems. She wasn't on her own side; she didn't believe she mattered more than what was bringing her down -- that's why she's no longer here, I believe. sad or frown

I wish we could have seen her kick all the junk. She was unique in her field; she would have been one hell of a female role model, with some serious stories to tell.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : RIP Amy Winehouse S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7592883
Registration date : 2008-07-24

RIP Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Amy Winehouse   RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:37 pm

I just heard of her today. What is she known for? If she is an artist, what is her biggest hit?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : RIP Amy Winehouse 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7583927
Registration date : 2008-07-28

RIP Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Amy Winehouse   RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:58 am

deadcoldgothgirl wrote:
I just heard of her today. What is she known for? If she is an artist, what is her biggest hit?

For realz? You never heard of Amy Winehouse? Her Back To Black album was humongous, but this girl's life was legitimately lived suicidally. Not to be a complete douche, but she was my Musician pick for our dead-pool which we re-pick every three months if no one passes. I just made $240 cash folks, from choosing her two months ago. It's really terrible I know, but anyone familiar with her knew she was headed for an early tragic end.

I honestly couldn't imagine her ever getting her life back together to create anything near to magnitude of BTB. She just kept getting skinnier, more strung out and hectic, artistically and physically she hit an apex and then began to deteriorate. A real shame.

Side note, the dead-pool we roll dice to figure out order of choices, once a person is picked they're done. My optimum picks if note taken before I get there are Rod Stewart, d**k Cheney, and Arnold Schwarzenegger for Musician, Politician, Actor respectively. And then there's the always fun side bet of: which sport will produce the next major criminal. I'm going with American Basketball, with a league lock-out pending one millionaire jerk is bound to do something wrong.

Back to Amy, her death is sad, not completely out of the blue though, since she was so self-destructive. I hope her death doesn't take away from the real tragedy that occurred in Oslo, that sh*t is sick and needs to get the media's attention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 829
: : RIP Amy Winehouse Th_sta10
More Numbers : 6158911
Registration date : 2011-07-18

RIP Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Amy Winehouse   RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:27 am

Like it was said before, not surprising but still very sad. My brother is a heroin junkie also, and that turns into the only thing they care for. Not their family, friends, or own self. It's too bad Amy couldn't shake it off.
But on another note, she is now a member of the exclusive 27 Club.

http://www.forever27.co.uk/27/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : RIP Amy Winehouse S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7592883
Registration date : 2008-07-24

RIP Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Amy Winehouse   RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Spooky wrote:
deadcoldgothgirl wrote:

For realz? You never heard of Amy Winehouse? Her Back To Black album was humongous, but this girl's life was legitimately lived suicidally.

Nope. I tried looking up back to black and I still didn't even recognize her. The only thing I can think of is that shitty song where some chick sings "there's a fire burning in my heart... we could of had it all." Is that her? From what I have heard so far I don't really like her anyway. But that's just my taste in music. I think Billie Holiday sounds better.

QueenbHorror wrote:
But on another note, she is now a member of the exclusive 27 Club.

http://www.forever27.co.uk/27/

I was thinking about that when I saw her age.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 829
: : RIP Amy Winehouse Th_sta10
More Numbers : 6158911
Registration date : 2011-07-18

RIP Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Amy Winehouse   RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:27 pm

^^ Nope, I believe that's Adele. The only song I know of Amy Winehouse is 'Rehab'.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

RIP Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Amy Winehouse   RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:42 pm

This is the first Amy Winehouse song I ever heard: You Know I'm No Good

She had an intense voice, she was open about much of her pain, she wrote well, she even got to record with Tony Bennett, who himself expressed respect for her talent and grief for her loss. I hate that most people won't learn any of this b/c her problems overshadowed her career, and b/c most people won't bother to look deeper.

I also REALLY hate how people are taking pleasure in putting her down, as though it somehow does *them* a favor. I'm getting a lot of heat from "friends" on FB who are upset that I won't take a dump on her memory like they're doing. (One actually said that it's a naturally human trait to watch morbidly while "celebrities" derail -- as though celebrities are a different species or something.) Hell, none of us really knows her story. It's a sad loss. Recognizing that doesn't take superpowers; it's just being human.

27 is way too f'ing young.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : RIP Amy Winehouse Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7595057
Registration date : 2008-07-23

RIP Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Amy Winehouse   RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:04 pm

^^I agree with you, Red. I always wondered if she had anyone in her life trying to help her. On the entertainment shows and gossip columns there would always be stories about how drugged out she was, but there was always some mention about some concert or tour that she was doing. Why did her record company/manager/handlers allow her to perform in her condition? I know that people need to make the decision on their own about seeking treatment and giving up drugs and alcohol - but if she was forced by her record company or whoever to cancel her performances until she was clean, couldn't that have been the wake up call she needed? I'm just thinking out loud here. sad or frown
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : RIP Amy Winehouse 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7583927
Registration date : 2008-07-28

RIP Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Amy Winehouse   RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 7:46 am

RedAngel wrote:

I also REALLY hate how people are taking pleasure in putting her down, as though it somehow does *them* a favor. I'm getting a lot of heat from "friends" on FB who are upset that I won't take a dump on her memory like they're doing. (One actually said that it's a naturally human trait to watch morbidly while "celebrities" derail -- as though celebrities are a different species or something.) Hell, none of us really knows her story. It's a sad loss. Recognizing that doesn't take superpowers; it's just being human.

I think it's a far more "human" tendency to elevate people to celebrity, because culturally people wish to know they have the power to drag those same people down from their pedestal of fame at any time. If a celebrity falls out of favor of pop-culture, pop-culture makes them pay, it's been that way since ancient Greece.

Deadcoldgothgirl, here some more video's

F*ck Me Pumps

Back To Black
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

RIP Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Amy Winehouse   RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:00 am

Spooky wrote:
RedAngel wrote:

I think it's a far more "human" tendency to elevate people to celebrity, because culturally people wish to know they have the power to drag those same people down from their pedestal of fame at any time. If a celebrity falls out of favor of pop-culture, pop-culture makes them pay, it's been that way since ancient Greece.

On the one hand, I understand what you're saying (The earliest literary example I can think of is Shakespeare's "Coriolanus," the essence of which explores the public's desire to destroy the person it elevates, seen in microcosm when a child in the play pursues a butterfly only to destroy it). On the other hand, color me inhuman.

That tendency toward elevation and destruction is seen often enough among people, but I've at least occasionally seen great empathy among people too, even for those they don't know. I've even seen it here. So my mistake was my choice of the term "human" I guess; it can mean too many things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RIP Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Amy Winehouse   RIP Amy Winehouse I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Amy Winehouse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Lifestyle :: Memorials-
Jump to: