TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt Evil10
More Numbers : 7683317
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt Empty
PostSubject: Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt   Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:13 pm

A New Zealand man, spurned by the woman of his dreams, has come up with a novel way of disposing of the diamond engagement ring he bought her -- a treasure hunt.

Anyone keen to pick up the ring, valued at NZ$5,000 ($3,268), will need to be in New Zealand's capital city, Wellington, on Saturday to join the hunt, the Dominion Post newspaper reported.

"I met this girl I thought was pretty cool, bought a ring, turns out she wasn't as keen," Anthony Gardiner, a 29-year-old call-center worker, told the Dominion Post.

Clues to the ring's whereabouts will start being posted on social networking site Twitter (http:/twitter.com/donoogle_com) at 8 a.m. local time on Saturday (2000 GMT on Friday).

Gardiner says he will keep posting clues, and if the ring is not found by the end of the day, "my clues will suddenly change into directions."

Having bought the ring in Hong Kong, he couldn't return it, and didn't want to sell it, so he hit upon the treasure hunt.

Hanging on to it in the hopes of finding a willing recipient is also not an option. "Obviously, it's been a pretty unlucky ring for me," Gardiner said, adding he hoped it would be found by somebody who has "found a cool chick and who wants to give them something they normally wouldn't be able to afford.

Link to Twitter Feed
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7581927
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt   Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:01 pm

Aww, poor guy! But good for him that he's making lemonade out of his lemons. Personally I would have sold the ring.
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7640883
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt   Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:32 pm

Maybe it could turn out to be luckier than he thought, and a really cool single chick could find it.
Back to top Go down
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse
Number of posts : 114
: : Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7566957
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt   Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:47 pm

Poor guy, its sweet that he wants to give the ring to someone who might not be able to afford one. Who knows, maybe all the hype around this will turn his luck around.

Though, he did jump to conclusions buying a ring before he even knew the girl. (At least that's what the article makes it sound like.)
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7675931
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt   Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:52 pm

A treasure hunt sounds fun!!!
Selling it is what I would do..well I'd probably not buy the ring in the first place tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt   Spurned man offers diamond ring in treasure hunt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1