TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Go down 
+11
Ginger_Snaps
TheDarkHippie
Vampira132
cynfullov
La Diva Carlotta
Succubus
Morwenna
RedAngel
endless dark
ravengrim
SPF
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

what major?
criminal profiler
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_vote_lcap0%What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
german
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_vote_lcap29%What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
teacher
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_vote_lcap14%What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
suck it up and do the veterinary program
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_vote_lcap14%What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
media (TV/radio)
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_vote_lcap21%What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
other
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_vote_lcap21%What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage

What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? Empty
PostSubject: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:43 pm

I'm really uncertain what to do. What I know I'm good at I don't want to go for because it would jade it for me after that much like fashion design was jaded last time I tried to go to college.

So here's a poll to see what you guys think.
And if you don't see one you like, just tell me what you think I'd be good at!
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7549093
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:53 pm

^^What have you had previous experience in?? Like jobs or education
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:00 pm

I have no college credits. The highest level of education completed was high school. I tried to go to college in LA for fashion design, but had to come home because I ran out of money for living expenses. Came back enrolled in the community college, dis-enrolled and then joined the army. got out and am now finally stable enough to where I can go to college.
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:27 pm

^^What did you do in the army?

Have you thought of health care. You can always become an assistant of some sort and be able to find jobs in hospital or in private practices. Usually those degrees take 2-3 years

Or since you were in the army, you have preference when it comes to working for the government.

What are you good at? or what do you like?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:30 pm

I was in the army to become a linguist but bombed the language (Pushto).

I'm good at art. But. like I said, I don't want to have it jaded like fashion design was for me. That and if I were to just sell artwork, I don't really need a degree for that.
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:33 pm

Graphic design/visual communications. When it comes to art, anything involved with technology would be your best bet.

Or maybe art therapy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:44 pm

^^That's also the thing... I'm in Nebraska. There isn't jobs around here for an art degree. And yes, I could move (and probably will) but to start off, I'd be working around home to start paying off anything I will have to loan out for in college.

I know tons of people around here that have art degrees and anthropology degrees and are now working in factories or at the local mall because they couldn't find a job within their field. A real waste of money and time.
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? Evil10
More Numbers : 7666248
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:04 pm

So, You Want to Become a Profiler...

Do you really want to work for the F.B.I.?
I could see you doing that,but what would you rather do?
Your job is what you're going to spend at least 40 hours a week(if not more) doing,so making it something you accually like doing will be more pleasent for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:35 pm

-_-;

I hate indecision...
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7660877

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Go for "other" and take it all until you find what you want Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? 25883sk
More Numbers : 7392829
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:08 pm

Nsane: When I was in college, I didn't have to declare a major until the end of sophomore/beginning of junior year. Endless has a good point: how about taking a handful of courses in what interests you (you'll knock out a few General Education requirements in the process) and then declare after a year or 2?
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 12:40 am

^^That could work.

Besides, since I'm just doing community college currently, I'd have to transfer anyway.

I just hope I can make up my mind by then.
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? 25a7xqo
More Numbers : 7559227
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:40 am

I vote German, just because I love languages and I'm a Japanese major myself. tongue
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7510293
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:09 am

I voted the veterinary program...only because you seem to have a love for animals by the "cuteness" thread you started Nsane. Basically I believe that everyone should take a step out of their norm and find something different to try and if you don't like it you can always change your major to something else. I know a couple of people that were or are Veterinary techs and are now going into the medical field just to do something different with their life.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:05 am

Nsane: Have you thought about Journalism/English? Maybe major in one, minor in the other, or double-major?

Here's what made me think of this: with journalism, you could do newspaper/magazine work (they say print media is dying, but it's really just going mostly online), be it editing or interviewing. You're also creative -- thinking of Dippy here; I know you were just horsing around, but you could write children's books. Best thing is, whether you get into journalism or kids' books, you can work at home at least part of the time. You'd still be able to be with your family (I remember seeing pics of you with kids; I was guessing they're yours).

I'm just thinking out loud. Smile
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7564858

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:51 am

For the occupations that you mentioned, I suggest you do some research on educational/entry requirements, job outlook, etc. You can start here: Occupational Outlook Handbook.

Have you thought of career assessments? They can help you identify other interests, as well as your aptitudes, abilities and skills. There are also personality inventories that help you match jobs to your personality.

You mentioned being in community college now. Maybe you can meet with a career counselor there? She might be able to give you ideas and steer you in the right direction.

If you lived nearby, I'd give you a complete vocational evaluation for free! grin

Oh, and one more thing. Not to discourage you from college or anything, but there are many occupations out there that pay well and and do not necessarily require a college degree, maybe just a short-term training program or trade school certificate.
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7623814
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:08 am

Wow look at thoses votes! Looks like you need'a tie breaker! tongue

I already voted though. I voted for media.

I'm editing this in because right after I posted this somebody decided to help you out with that! clap haha!Very Happy

Last edited by cynfullov on Thu May 28, 2009 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:15 am

Here's a good site for career info: Quint Careers. This particular page has links to online career interest inventories and personality tests. Just a word of caution: some of these online "quizzes" have no measurable validity or reliability, but they will give you some insight and ideas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:51 pm

Succubus wrote:
I voted the veterinary program...only because you seem to have a love for animals by the "cuteness" thread you started Nsane. Basically I believe that everyone should take a step out of their norm and find something different to try and if you don't like it you can always change your major to something else. I know a couple of people that were or are Veterinary techs and are now going into the medical field just to do something different with their life.

I was changing my mind on Vet because I didn't realise that the Vet program at UNL is actually a transfer program. I'd get my undergraduate done, take 2 years of graduate at UNL and then I'd have to move to Iowa. I didn't want to jump states like that. But I could.

RedAngel wrote:
Nsane: Have you thought about Journalism/English? Maybe major in one, minor in the other, or double-major?
Here's what made me think of this: with journalism, you could do newspaper/magazine work (they say print media is dying, but it's really just going mostly online), be it editing or interviewing.

Journalism.... IDK... I hated that class in high school. But then the teacher was the female version of Ben Stein.
Quote :
You're also creative -- thinking of Dippy here; I know you were just horsing around, but you could write children's books. Best thing is, whether you get into journalism or kids' books, you can work at home at least part of the time. You'd still be able to be with your family (I remember seeing pics of you with kids; I was guessing they're yours).
I'm just thinking out loud. Smile

Writing any type of book would be fun. It's just finding a agent/publisher that'd be the hard part.
And NO no no no no! Those are not my kids! I'm still single and a non-parent. Those are my nieces!

cynfullov wrote:
Wow look at thoses votes! Looks like you need'a tie breaker! tongue

No kidding! tongue

DIVA: thanks for the links!
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:25 pm

nsanelilmunky wrote:

And NO no no no no! Those are not my kids! I'm still single and a non-parent. Those are my nieces!

Oh, OK! I guess I read into the photos. Well, that leaves more time for classes. grin
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7653145

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:08 pm

How about teaching German??

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, too lazy to read grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Yeah I can't be bothered with it all either.

Seems a bit odd to me.

Usually one goes to college to do what one desires to do.

No offence intended ;I just don't get this;sorry.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 2:28 pm

^^ Well, Nsane has a lot of different interests. It seems like she started the thread/poll to get help narrowing down the list to the things she enjoys that will still pay enough for her to make a good living. It makes sense to consider both things, especially now that the U.S. economy has crashed and burned.

I majored in art solely because it was the most interesting to me, and I happened to get *really* lucky in finding a good job with a gallery. But that was 10 years ago. Nsane's wise to weigh out her decision, and get other ideas she might not have considered. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 2:56 pm

It's kinda' like when you ask a little kid what they want to be when they grow up and they give you 30 some answers... I just haven't grown past that point yet. And I'm also trying to see what will actually pay.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Ian wrote:
Yeah I can't be bothered with it all either.

Seems a bit odd to me.

Usually one goes to college to do what one desires to do.

No offence intended ;I just don't get this;sorry.

I concur. Nothing worse than someone spending six years and college and still not know what they want to do. Waste of time and money (tax payer money if they're using financial aid from Uncle Sam).

Here in the States, from the time a person is born, he or she is encouraged (brainwashed) to go to college. I think it's crazy. There alot of rewarding careers that do not require a college degree, and not everyone who goes to college will lead a successful life.

It seems like Nsane has some ideas about what she wants to do, she just needs to do a bit more research before she settles on one thing. grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next