TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Go down 
+11
Ginger_Snaps
TheDarkHippie
Vampira132
cynfullov
La Diva Carlotta
Succubus
Morwenna
RedAngel
endless dark
ravengrim
SPF
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

what major?
criminal profiler
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
german
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
teacher
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
suck it up and do the veterinary program
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
media (TV/radio)
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
other
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage

What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:25 am

Hey Diva!

I took one of those tests... It said I was an "Idealist". Is that good?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:21 pm

Okay, to whoever reads the whole thing, do these results give you any better idea of what would be good for me?

"Jung Typology Test" I'm a INFP (Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving). with percentages being 78, 38, 50, 22 respectively. The only other thing that described my out come on that test was a bit of text that said
"you are:
* very expressed introvert
*moderately expressed intuitive personality
*moderately expressed feeling personality
*slightly expressed perceiving personality

IDEALIST.
Idealists, as a temperament, are passionately concerned with personal growth and development. Idealists strive to discover who they are and how they can become their best possible self -- always this quest for self-knowledge and self-improvement drives their imagination. And they want to help others make the journey. Idealists are naturally drawn to working people, and whether in education or counselling, in social services or personal work, in journalism or the ministry, they are gifted at helping others find their way in life, often inspiring them to grow as individuals and fulfil their potentials.
Idealists are sure that friendly cooperation is the best way for people to achieve their goals. Conflict and confrontation upset them because they seem to put up angry barriers between people. Idealists dream of creating harmonious, even caring personal relations, and they have a unique talent for helping people get along with each other and work together for the good of all. Such interpersonal harmony might be a romantic ideal, but then Idealists are incurable romantics who prefer to focus on what might be, rather than what is. The real, practical world is only a starting place for Idealists; they believe that life is filled with possibilities waiting to be realized, rich with meanings calling out to be understood. This idea of a mystical or spiritual dimension to life, the "not visible" or the "not yet" that can only be known through intuition or by a leap of faith, is far more important to Idealists than the world of material things.
Highly ethical in their actions, Idealists hold themselves to a strict standard of personal integrity. They must be true to themselves and to others, and they can be quite hard on themselves when they are dishonest, or when they are false or insincere. More often, however, Idealists are the very soul of kindness. Particularly in their personal relationships, Idealists are without question filled with love and good will. They believe in giving of themselves to help others; they cherish a few warm, sensitive friendships; they strive for a special rapport with their children; and in marraige they wish to find a "soulmate", someone with whom they can bond emotionally and spiritually, sharing their deepest feelings and their complex inner worlds.
Idealists are relatively rare, making up no more than 15 to 20 percent of the population. But their ability to inspire people with their enthusiasm and their idealism has given them influence far beyond their numbers.
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7564849
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:44 pm

Who administers this Jung Typology Test? Did the school so this for you, or is it an online thing.

If you ever want more of that testing try a Multiple Intelligence Test.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:22 pm

It was just an online thing. The INFP bit was from a site called Humanmetrics, and the Idealist bit is from keirsey.com. The Keirsey one is on one of the pages Diva linked to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:08 pm

To any of those that read my comment in the Random thoughts thread, I did finally pick a major. I'm going for German. But that doesn't say much as to the job I want to do yet. I can still do teaching, interpreting, minor in another language or something like Archaeology.... yeah. I may have shrunk the amount of things I'll do, but I have not yet decided what I want to do... tongue
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 Evil10
More Numbers : 7682004
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:59 pm

Hey that's excellent.
Good for you,I'm happy that your going to school for something you like doing!
Back to top Go down
TheDarkHippie
TheDarkHippie

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 1101
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7342131
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:23 pm

glad you found a major Nsane!!!! and sorry, I must say that Archeology is the best outta that list! ^.^ 'tis my chosen proffesion!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/joanestabrook#/profile.php?id=757050283&
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7579650
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:00 pm

It often takes a while for one to figure out what they really want to major in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 25883sk
More Numbers : 7408585
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:20 am

Congrats on choosing your major, Nsane! Yeah, as you mentioned, you can parlay a German major into a number of different fields once you graduate. It will also set you apart from other candidates, and be a good talking point, if you happen to interview for a position that's not directly related to German.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7639570
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 12:55 pm

What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 6ba4squ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:21 pm

So, I have a new problem....

I'm wanting to double major in German and French with a minor in Czech. But I also know that's going to cost an arm and a leg... along with keep me in school for a while longer...

THoughts?
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7580614
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:26 pm

I say, keep it simple. Stick with the German as your major and pick one of the others as your minor.
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7668901

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:41 pm

^^ I'd stick with what Diva has said!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:55 pm

Well, since I took French in High school, I'd have to take an aptitude test (or something) to find out my level. I'd probably be able to jump the basic courses and go to the intermediate ones. The reason that I'm not taking both right now is that SCC only offers German and Spanish (and ASL) for languages.

I guess I don't care as much about the money issues so much as the time issues.

And UNL is the only place I know that teaches Czech. I never wanted to learn just one foreign language, I would like to learn as many as possible.

But again.... time issues... sad or frown
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 25883sk
More Numbers : 7408585
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:05 pm

I agree with Diva and Vampira. Keep majoring in German, choose your second-favorite as your minor, and you can always pick up the 3rd language on the side (self-teaching for a while) or after college, when you've landed an excellent job as a translator and can pay for more classes. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7578440
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:32 pm

I love you and all but I can't have you going into media/radio. That's what I'm going into and the less competition out there in this economy the better. But I still love you hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:50 pm

deadcoldgothgirl wrote:
I love you and all but I can't have you going into media/radio. That's what I'm going into and the less competition out there in this economy the better. But I still love you hug

lol. I have a major, I'm just wondering now if I should expand it to other languages also.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7673313

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:24 pm

La Diva Carlotta wrote:
I say, keep it simple. Stick with the German as your major and pick one of the others as your minor.

Go with the Diva's advice!

Czech sounds good to me - I know one word of Czech which is "pivo" yet my marriage certificate is in Czech. Nsane you can translate for me when I fulfil my dream of living in Prague Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:50 am

^^lol. If I settle for just one language for a major and one for a minor, it'd be French since I've taken it before..

On a related note, my family's advice was 'do what makes you happy'.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:46 pm

^^That's horrible advice. That's the "quick way out" advice. That's the advice I give people when they're really annoying and I've been working with them for a while and there's alot of back and forth but the person can't come up with a cogent goal no matter how many times I redirect them and when we've reached an impasse. tongue
Back to top Go down
DarkDreamer
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7512459
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:02 am

Congrats on choosing a major, and I agree with Diva! If you want to get another degree in other languages afterward, you'll have most of your work out of the way, and if you choose not to get multiple degrees then you can just get on with life.

Also, I know that this was said on the first page of the thread, but I just wanted to note something about what SPF said on getting an art degree; graphic arts degrees are actually less lucrative than most art degrees, since so many people get them and the market is saturated. From what I've found, really specialized or off-the-beaten-path art degrees will get you jobs in your field, because the market is less saturated.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:40 am

^^Ah! That's intersting. I know a ton of people who are "into" graphic design. Not a single creative bone in them. LOL
Back to top Go down
ani raina
ani raina

Taurus Number of posts : 39
: : What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 2cf2wwg
More Numbers : 6628062
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:17 am

i SHOULD say suck it up and go to a veterinary program...(CATS RULE!)

seriously, first, what are you really interested in, that you wanna learn more about? what do you want to do in the future that you want to learn now? think about it! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?   What should NsanelilMunky go to college for? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2