TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Really?This seems doomed to fail

Go down 
+11
Glamboy
Morwenna
helen damnation
cynfullov
Nightmistress
MoonRaven
Spooky
Ginger_Snaps
La Diva Carlotta
RedAngel
ravengrim
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Really?This seems doomed to fail Evil10
More Numbers : 7683317
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Really?This seems doomed to fail Empty
PostSubject: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:53 pm

Casting Call Information
City: Los Angeles
State: CA

Split Ends Casting "bad girl" look

The Emmy Nominated show is looking for girls who want to change up their "bad girl" look! if you are a gothic , punk, biker, rocker or body builder girl who wants to "GLAM UP" her look we want you! we want to make you look pretty and red carpet ready!
facial piercings are a plus!!!!!!!!
if you are open to cut and color and a new GLAMOURS look for free (make over worth hundreds of dollars) plus we give you $50 bucks...please submit right away!
Split Ends Casting "bad girl" look

I guess I just don't understand why people assume people who dress somewhat diffrently or have diffrent asthetics would really want to change their look.
I can't say that fifty dollars is much incentive either.

Last edited by ravengrim on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Really?This seems doomed to fail 25883sk
More Numbers : 7409898
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:04 pm

"CONFORM! CONFORM!! CONFORM!!! Be easily classified and non-threatening! Arouse the interest of bland men nationwide! Land a husband who will get bored with you within months and go cheat on you with exciting Goth women!"

LOL

I'm so glad to be one of the weirdos. bite
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:27 pm

I am too. grin
I think I was most offended by the we want to make you look pretty part.
That was inexscusable in my opinion,everyone is pretty to someone else doesn't matter if they know it or not.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Really?This seems doomed to fail Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7581927
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:28 pm

Crap, we should be the ones offering makeovers to the "normals"!!! naughty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:38 pm

Wow.... there's a lady who applied for it.

She sure as hell doesn't look alternative. Maybe stripper.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Really?This seems doomed to fail Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:02 am

Usually, such people are not going to seek to change.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:50 am

ravengrim wrote:

That was inexscusable in my opinion,everyone is pretty to someone else doesn't matter if they know it or not.

Yeah, that bit was pretty stomach-turning! "Pretty" by whose standards? And you're right, I believe -- everyone is beautiful to someone else, in a number of different ways.

Ginger is right as well -- someone truly secure in their look, and (by extension) with who they are, won't be tempted by junk like that.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Really?This seems doomed to fail 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7570797
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:00 am

This just follows in the vein of the stereotype that all "gothic" girls want a make over to fit in, and all the dopey teens films since Breakfast Club have done their best at the end of the film to show her all "classy and happy". Boo I say, boo. How about they take their existing style and revamp it to make it red-carpet-ready.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Really?This seems doomed to fail Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7675931

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:25 am

ravengrim wrote:
I am too. grin

I am proud to say the what society picks as pretty (all that stereotypical stuff) my bf does not grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Nightmistress
Nightmistress

Sagittarius Goat
Number of posts : 491
: : Really?This seems doomed to fail Bjevig
More Numbers : 7576263

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:51 am

La Diva Carlotta wrote:
Crap, we should be the ones offering makeovers to the "normals"!!! naughty

Oh that sounds like fun. Can I help?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/XwhipsXchainsXhandcuffs
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Really?This seems doomed to fail 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7640883
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:45 pm

^ Why isn't there more of this truly going on?

Somewhat related...

" And Wood admits Manson gave her the strength to stand up to her stylist about her red carpet attire - allowing her to indulge her darker dress sense in public.
She tells the DailyBeast.com, "I would want to do something really dark or vintage or over-the-top for an award show, but my people would be like, ‘It makes you look old, let’s keep you young and fresh and light and fluffy.’ And I hadn’t gotten my voice yet, so I was just like, ‘OK, you’re right, I suck, I’ll wear what you say.' "

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Sh**!!! Now there's two applicants!

..... she's 29 and has 4 kids? And one of which looks like he's in his mid-teens....

Matching normal clothes.... YOU"RE NOT FREAKIN GOTH!!!!!
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 3:24 pm

cynfullov wrote:
^ Why isn't there more of this truly going on?

Somewhat related...

" And Wood admits Manson gave her the strength to stand up to her stylist about her red carpet attire - allowing her to indulge her darker dress sense in public.
She tells the DailyBeast.com, "I would want to do something really dark or vintage or over-the-top for an award show, but my people would be like, ‘It makes you look old, let’s keep you young and fresh and light and fluffy.’ And I hadn’t gotten my voice yet, so I was just like, ‘OK, you’re right, I suck, I’ll wear what you say.' "

Marilyn Manson: Making the world a better place one person at a time. grin

Sounds like sarcasm, but it's not. Manson's music helped me acknowledge the anger I was once afraid to face.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Really?This seems doomed to fail 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7674626

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:18 pm

"The freaks and the misfits are the true beauties in this World"

A quote by a certain Mr Damnation clap

He meant freaks in a totally complimentary manner grin
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
: : Really?This seems doomed to fail 25a7xqo
More Numbers : 7576296

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:03 pm

Reminds me of this song- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JufFQyUlWO4 Smile

I would never in a million years apply for something like that!
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:57 pm

Re: the article Cyn found about Evan Rachel Wood: She's from the area where I live now, and I recently read a writeup on her and her father and brother, all of whom are in acting. I have no doubt that dating Manson was a healthy thing for her and helped her grow as a person -- her father, from the sounds of it (and from what I've seen of him when he's not acting), is a complete megalomaniac. Good for her for finally finding her voice.
Back to top Go down
Glamboy
Glamboy

Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 132
More Numbers : 7559041
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 2:45 pm

My ex girlfriend was on a show called Miss Naked Beauty in the UK. They had a similar setup but they just contacted alternative modelling agencies for a lot of models and then got a few and pretty much just made them all look like the same boring people you see on the street.

Made them take out hundreds of dollars worth of piercings gave them all bad haircuts and tried to erase all individuality from them all.

My ex was really the only one who refused to go all the way with their demands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:36 pm

Well, the application time ends today for that casting call. Only two applied and one one has votes.

It's the mother of 4 with little to no alternative look to her.
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 7:29 pm

I can see them using a mainstream gal to begin with, making her up to look the ""bad girl"" and then back once again to more mainstreamish.
Back to top Go down
Glamboy
Glamboy

Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 132
More Numbers : 7559041
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:29 pm

Isn't that what they used to do on Ricky Lake in the late 90's?
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 9:20 pm

Oh I bet they did! I feel embarrassed to say I only saw a few minutes of her show once where she was onboard an open top double decker bus. I'm not really much of a Tv watcher. I wonder if there's any news articles anywhere on that?
Back to top Go down
Alenuska

Capricorn Pig
Number of posts : 270
More Numbers : 7573565
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:00 am

Dunno why but i could definetly see Synth or Red Angel on one of those types of shows..
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:20 pm

They're doing it again

Does your daughter dress in GOTH attire and it drives you nuts? Now Casting

Casting Call Information
City: LOS ANGELES ONLY!!!!!
State: CA

WETV is searching for Mother/Daughter Duos for their new Make Over Show, “You’re Wearing That?!”

We are looking for a mother or daughter who is stuck dressing in her Goth look. 

Is it time to retire your old look and step into a new gorgeous you? Now casting mother/daughter teams to both get make overs by a renowned New York Stylist. 

· Does your mom dress too young for her age?

· Do you hate your daughter’s baggy clothes?

· Is your mom’s hair style stuck in another decade?

· Does your daughter dress too suggestively?

· Would you love to see your mother get a new look and off your back about how you dress?

IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS!!!!!! Minimum age for daughter is 13. Both parties MUST be interested before anyone applies to the show.

If you are a mother/daughter duo that needs a fashion overhaul, we want to hear from you! Please email your name, phone number, a recent photograph of you both, and a brief summary of your story (if you have a big event coming up where you need to look your best, that’s a big plus but not absolutely necessary)

LOS ANGELES ONLY

I don't get it.
People are happy just the way they are,why not leave them the hell alone?
Back to top Go down
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse
Number of posts : 114
: : Really?This seems doomed to fail Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7566957
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 3:29 pm

Rolling Eyes That was almost painful to read. I feel bad for the poor girl that will eventually get dragged into this.

>_> After all 'goth' is such a boring old look. No, we don't dress this way because we like it, we dress this way because we hate it and can't wait for someone with "good taste" to come along and change us. (Sarcasm all the way.)
Back to top Go down
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 2480
More Numbers : 7313669
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 4:58 pm

Hear, hear, Raven!

Why is it so important to some people what other's do, how they dress, what kind of lipstick they wear, etc, etc?

So they feel the need to "fix" them????

Sheeple conformity and it's terrifying...
Back to top Go down
http://thelosttheforgottenthedamned.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really?This seems doomed to fail   Really?This seems doomed to fail I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Really?This seems doomed to fail
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next