TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Painting a Belt with Metal Studs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse
Number of posts : 114
: : Painting a Belt with Metal Studs Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7570896
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Painting a Belt with Metal Studs Empty
PostSubject: Painting a Belt with Metal Studs   Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:23 pm

I have this belt I've worn a hundred times or more, and I've decided I don't really like the shiny metal studs on it anymore. I'm thinking I'll paint all the studs black to look like this belt I saw in the stores once.
But, before I potentially ruin the belt I figured I'd ask, would it be better to paint the whole thing with black spray paint, or should I just use black nail polish? I want the studs to still be shiny so I figured nail polish, but I don't know how well it'll stay on metal. The studs on the belt are those little metal pyramid studs. Any alternate ideas would be great too.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Painting a Belt with Metal Studs 25883sk
More Numbers : 7413837
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Painting a Belt with Metal Studs   Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:25 pm

I'd use the black nail polish, or maybe a craft paint specifically made for metal. But black nail polish rather than spraypaint, definitely, b/c the spraypaint will probably flake all over you the more the belt bends.

Hope that helps. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Glamboy
Glamboy

Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 132
: : Painting a Belt with Metal Studs 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7562980
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Painting a Belt with Metal Studs   Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 9:29 pm

All paint will chip over time.
The only way to get around this is to use a chemical that will dye the surface layer of the metal to a dark grey.
It is called blueing, but actually gives a dark metallic finish close to black. It's commonly used to stain repairs and new parts on guns and rifles but has some use for fashion samples.
You can get it in gun stores and outdoors places.
Should run about $5 a bottle. Be careful though as it will stain leather or anything else it touches.
Might be best to remove the studs first.
Back to top Go down
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse
Number of posts : 114
: : Painting a Belt with Metal Studs Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7570896
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Painting a Belt with Metal Studs   Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:31 pm

I think I know what you're talking about, because my dad has a lot of hunting rifles, and I've seen it used before. (Though I can't remember what its called.) We probably have some of that stuff on hand actually, I'll have to ask. Anyway, thanks for the info. I would never have thought of using that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting a Belt with Metal Studs   Painting a Belt with Metal Studs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting a Belt with Metal Studs
Page 1 of 1