TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Inspiration from odd sources

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Inspiration from odd sources Empty
PostSubject: Inspiration from odd sources   Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:36 pm

...So, yet again, I'm wanting to make something. But it's really odd what's caught my eye this time.

How do you make something like this into a wearable something that doesn't suck and is not religious... and is neither this or this??

Inspiration from odd sources Second-to-nun.0.0.0x0.432x479
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Inspiration from odd sources Evil10
More Numbers : 7687256
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from odd sources   Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:49 pm

Don't accually know,but I found some cool stuff.

Gothic Nun

Creepy Gothic Nun

Nun Costume
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from odd sources   Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:54 pm

Hmm... I'm not too sure about those first two, but that last one gives me an idea for a dress....

I still have no idea about the actual headpiece though.
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Inspiration from odd sources 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7644822
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from odd sources   Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:58 pm

This is a cool idea nsane.

I cut it off to mini dress lenght and make a mid backish mini cape out of the head piece.

Out of what I cut off I'd make boot covers and use some of the white covering that's over her head to accent then in some shapes and or designs. And use a little to add a small band around the bottom of each sleave. And with any left of the black and white I'd make a little drawstring spider purse & a little bat bow / headband.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from odd sources   Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 8:01 pm

But that's the thing, I want to have the headpiece. I'm just wndering if I could add or take away from it to maybe make it a little less religious. Maybe a sheer material? or maybe white with the black (or a colour) as an accent?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from odd sources   Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 8:56 pm

Maybe pictures would help? I've lost a lot since i haven't been drawing as much as I used to, but you can get the idea...

Inspiration from odd sources 5613_1219502364828_1146979690_685317_3538362_n

Though I don't know how much I can change it before it starts looking more like a beladi headpiece...

Inspiration from odd sources Saidi-dress-made-from-lurex-veils1

Bah.... bah humbug.
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from odd sources   Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 9:19 pm

Those are good sketches. I like the corseting up the back. Something about them reminds me just a little on the King Tut Pharoh like head pieces. Just very little though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from odd sources   Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:00 pm

I guess the Pharaoh reference isn't off. It all originated from the same general area....

So, I found out that the only black that I own currently (fabric wise) is lace.... How do you like the mock up? Lace look nice?

Inspiration from odd sources 5613_1219538925742_1146979690_685441_302436_n
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from odd sources   Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:33 pm

I love the way that looks, but don't just go by my opinion, wait and see what the others think too.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Inspiration from odd sources 25883sk
More Numbers : 7413837
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from odd sources   Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:32 pm

Actually, when I read your first post on this, I was thinking "she might want to change the fabric or the color" -- I was thinking lace specifically, or maybe a sheer fabric in purple or grey. Or even a grey-blue, or burgundy. Chiffon would have pretty drape, and organza would have a lovely shimmer. Both would look good with a touch of embellishment, too.

I'd avoid fishnet though; it could wind up looking like a snood.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from odd sources   Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:44 pm

This might help you all... I "blogged" about this project and this is part of the description.

Does this help you any with what I see in my head?

Quote :
At the moment, I'm trying to find the correct shape of the stabilizer to where it keeps the front in the box-ish shape and yet drapes with the curve of my head. I also need to figure out some type of strap or band to keep it on my head. I'm thinking something that connects at the top of the piece and then goes down, behind my ears, and connects to a thick, Victorian-ish choker.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Inspiration from odd sources 25883sk
More Numbers : 7413837
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from odd sources   Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:50 pm

For the front bit: sounds like a good sturdy fabric should do it. Linen or twill, folded?

Keeping it on your head: How about sewing a little hair comb inside, like the kind attached to bridal veils? Then just put some of your hair into a ponytail at the back of your head, and let that anchor the comb (push the comb into the hair and down toward the ponytail elastic). That's how we got my bridal veil to stay put.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from odd sources   Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:00 am

The fabric is a cotton weave. I think about the same consistency for embroidery. The comb idea is a good one, but maybe for a heavier fabric. With this one, it'd really show. That and I have a bad habit of cutting all my hair off. It's finally grown out from a buzz cut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from odd sources   Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:21 am

....And my obsession continues....

Inspiration from odd sources Ru56177
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from odd sources   Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 12:56 pm

Emergence of the Clowns

Click the picture to get a description.

Inspiration from odd sources R_Swentzell_cClwnEmg_F
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration from odd sources   Inspiration from odd sources I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inspiration from odd sources
Page 1 of 1