TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange Evil10
More Numbers : 7687256
Registration date : 2008-07-21

On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange Empty
PostSubject: On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange   On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:31 pm

Bulgarian church 'blames' Madonna concert for boat deaths

A senior figure in the Bulgarian Orthodox Church has suggested that a wrathful God, angry with Bulgarians attending a Madonna concert, may have had a hand in a recent boating tragedy that claimed the lives of 15 of his countrymen.
Nikolay, the metropolitan of Bulgaria's second biggest city, Plovdiv, linked the disaster, which occurred on Lake Ohrid in Macedonia on September 5, to the behaviour of Bulgarians who attended the concert.

"The catastrophe in Macedonia in which 15 Bulgarian citizens died was a sign from heaven," said the metropolitan in a special memorial mass for the victims.

Nikolay stressed that the day of the Madonna concert, August 29, had coincided with a holy day commemorating the beheading of John the Baptist, and therefore was not a day for enjoyment.

"The Orthodox Church had called for people not to enjoy themselves on the day marking the execution of John," he added. "We should not allow the young to have fun on a day that should be dedicated to spiritual reflection."

Bulgaria's clergy had led vocal opposition to the American's singer concert once it became known that she would perform on August 29.

The metropolitan's comments come as the latest controversy to dog Madonna's tour of Europe. She faced similar opposition in Poland from conservative Catholics, opposed to a concert that also happened to fall on a holy day, and in Bucharest she was booed after speaking out on behalf of gipsy rights.

Okies.
I personally hate the skanky cow,but honestly I think blaming her for this is a bit much.
I'm pretty sure God is done with his punishing of the innocent for the sinners thing by now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange   On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:37 pm

I lol-ed... Laughing And scanky cow is right. You should see some of the more recent pictures of her. she's in her 50s and still dressing like she's 20!
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange Evil10
More Numbers : 7687256
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange   On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:43 pm

Oh she's a scary woman.
No doubt about it,but I kind of doubt she's the reason for all the awful deaths that co-incide with saints birthdays.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange   On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:44 pm

I seriously doubt it too, but it is funny.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange Bjevig
More Numbers : 7584902
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange   On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:25 am

Judging by this past recorded deeds of this deity, it would come as no surprise that such punishment would have been placed on people. Normally, he would smite an entire nation for the indiscretion of a few, but guess he got a tad lazy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7644822
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange   On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:06 pm

And too, who is to say it was not perhaps the wrath of God, but by the grace of God in taking them on to heaven before the rapture.

"We should not allow the young to have fun on a day that should be dedicated to spiritual reflection." I thought every moment of everyday was dedicated to spiritual reflection, by those of faith. Did the church not plan anything special during this concert? ...

I remember part of a movie I saw when I was little on communism. The solder's & officers would make a special day to go visit the grade school children and hand out candies as well as spend time playing games with them and having a good time. Think church think.

Does the orthadox church mourn at christmas?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange   On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On Any Other Day This Might Seem Strange
Page 1 of 1