TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists”

Go down 
+3
RedAngel
TheDarkHippie
ravengrim
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” Evil10
More Numbers : 7685943
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” Empty
PostSubject: Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists”   Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:13 pm

A sales manager at a Bath & Body Works in Hartford, Connecticut was allegedly fired by her new regional manager for making a religious pilgrimage to Salem for Samhain. Gina Uberti, who had been working for the chain for eight years, and taking the pilgrimage for six, had already gotten prior approval from her former regional manager for the Samhain trip. But her new boss, Sandra Scibelli, had other ideas.

“Uberti says she explained that her vacation had already been approved and that she was celebrating a religious holiday. Uberti says Scibelli responded, “That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Let me ask you where your priorities should have been?” Uberti says she asked what was ridiculous, and Scibelli replied: “Well, you will need a new career in your new year.” Scibelli allegedly added, “I will be damned if I have a devil-worshipper on my team.” Uberti says she was fired in November 2008. She seeks lost wages and punitive damages for religious discrimination.”

Oops! Doesn’t sound like a great PR move for Bath & Body Works during a recession and just before the Winter holidays. Maybe the Pagan community (and their allies) should contact the firm and tell them they’ll be buying their nice-smelling soaps and bubble-baths elsewhere this year. If they don’t want “devil-worshippers” on their “team”, then they certainly don’t want any of our filthy Pagan money! Perhaps Bath & Body Works should ask Sandra Scibelli where her priorities are.

Full complaint here.

Seems like an open and shut case for religious discrimination to me.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkHippie
TheDarkHippie

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 1101
: : Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7346070
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists”   Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:45 pm

^^definitly does.

What a B****. really now? would she want someone firing her because she wants to take of her some of her religous holdiays? just because someone is of a different religion doesn't mean that she needs to go and discriminate. gosh. people like that p!ss me off.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/joanestabrook#/profile.php?id=757050283&
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” 25883sk
More Numbers : 7412524
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists”   Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:00 am

^^ They p!ss me off too. And Hartford -- right next to my hometown. That's embarrassing, considering the Yankee hobby of calling Southerners ignorant and closed-minded.

The above is a blatant case of discrimination. And the manager's ignorance is just sickening.

Snarky time:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists”   Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:00 am

If I didn't work in the mall, I would have posted this story outside their store....
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7584553
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists”   Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:17 am

Wow! I cannot believe this story. How stupid can that that regional manager be?! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” Bjevig
More Numbers : 7583589
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists”   Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:14 am

I'd file for religious discrimination against that manager. Who is she to choose what holiday is appropriate to celebrate? I bet that manger celebrates Christmas and Easter, which are both pagan holidays.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Nightmistress
Nightmistress

Sagittarius Goat
Number of posts : 491
: : Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” Bjevig
More Numbers : 7578889
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists”   Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:37 pm

Horrible.... just shows the ignorance of people. blast
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/XwhipsXchainsXhandcuffs
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists”   Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:43 pm

Boycott! devildance
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7677252
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists”   Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:55 pm

RedAngel wrote:
Boycott! devildance

Hell Yeah

I should say that I cant believe that such ignorance and intolerance exist but sadly I know from personal experience that it's only too true.

The stink from that store makes me want to barf anyway
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists”   Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:31 pm

Heh... just found this new product in Allure magazine:
Bath & Body Works®️ Signature Collection Eau de Toilette Twilight Woods

So by Bath & Body Works' standards, thinly veiled allusions to pop vampires are OK, but having a real-life Pagan earning money for you is just too much. Looks like a double standard to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists”   Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 9:03 pm

Heh... I think I may have found this lady's religion... THis site should make anyone's blood boil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists”   Bath & Body Works Manager Doesn’t Want to Work With “Satanists” I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1