TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me?

Go down 
+2
RedAngel
ravengrim
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? Evil10
More Numbers : 7672813
Registration date : 2008-07-21

news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? Empty
PostSubject: Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me?   news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:11 pm

Why We're Obsessed With Vampire Sex

You can’t escape them.

Fangs are everywhere these days, hoping you’ll also want a taste of the bloodthirsty fervor that has gripped the nation.

Between the best-selling books-turned-movies "Twilight Saga," HBO’s wildly popular "True Blood," and the CW’s "The Vampire Diaries," vampires have become a serious pop culture obsession.

"New Moon," the second installment of the "Twilight Saga," hits theaters this weekend, and it literally has teens and adults all over the world lusting after the movie’s lead vampire, Edward Cullen (played by British heartthrob Robert Pattinson).

So why have these folkloric creatures made such an amazing comeback? In two words: vampire sex.

They’re hot.

When "Dracula" was produced on stage in 1924, Bela Lugosi made vampires irresistibly handsome for modernity. But beyond hot bodies and good looks, it’s the male vampire’s depiction as the James Dean of Goth that holds the greatest appeal.

In desperate need of rehabilitation, these rebels are far from pure in thought and deed. Women can’t help but be drawn to these mesmerizing, misunderstood, moody bad boys.

Vampires are made all the more seductive because these soulless seducers with superpowers act as her protector, and they have the propensity to do good. Their story is usually as follows: she’s trying to "save" him, yet he gives her an excuse to be bad.

She has someone to blame for being so naughty, especially when it comes to her sexual desire.

They’re kinky.

Vampires became noticeably sexual with the start of the modern vampire era about 200 years ago. Yet vampire depictions throughout the centuries have involved subtle storylines of sexual deviants flirting with fetishes, for a killer mix of sex, romance, and violence. Since the 1950s, stories have become more overtly "sexplicit," with more recent movies and TV shows depicting or alluding to frenzied, frantic sex with aggressive appeal, which brings us to the next point about vampire appeal.

They’re into S&M.

Vampires like it rough. They like to bite. And their victims love the bites, scratches and handcuffs as depicted in shows like "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."

Sometimes sadomasochists attract what are known as "fang bangers," (a term frequently used in "True Blood"), people who have a thing for manhandle-me vampire sex role playing. The bondage, domination and submission themes mixed with "true love" are perfect reason for stripping off your scarf or turtleneck.

They scare us.

There’s something about feeling spooked that gets humans going. People get in touch with their primal side, including the fear of death, at the thought of coming across a vampire. The dangerous lust of a vampire torn between staying in control with every lick of his prey revs up your body much like sexual response. And it’s delicious.

They tease us.

A number of scenes in vampire literature and on the screen only imply sex, with kink or lesbianism mostly alluded to. Audiences are left to assume that there was some sex, and while they’d love to see more, the pay off of is that their imaginations go wild.

This is especially true with scripts like "Twilight," whose stars heat up the screen with sexual tension, only to remain abstinent. Viewers thrive off of every episode filling them with sexual desires that only go unfulfilled. Still, there’s hope that maybe later on in the story they’ll take it all the way.

Ultimately, vampire sex is more about seduction and the thrill of the passion potential portrayed.

They always do the walk of shame.

And it has to happen before dawn. There’s no "morning after" to deal with, which holds huge appeal for some.

They make us beg.

When it comes to longing and lust, we love being preyed upon. Vampires go for one of our most sensitive erogenous zones, the neck, becoming even more magnetic as their victims most beg for life, for death, for sex.

They never die.

They’re not totally dead. They’re not totally alive. And they’re not totally human for that matter. These above the law creatures impressively defy all reality. We’re intrigued that these super-beings are more powerful than we’ll ever be.

It's just weird seeing these types of stories in the mainstream now.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? 25883sk
More Numbers : 7399394
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me?   news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:46 pm

^^ Interesting, but too simplistic. (Then again, it's Fox News, hehe.) Vampires are archetypes that reflect our desires and fears, yeah, but it's not only about sex. It's about how we see ourselves and others; how we question our own notions of order and chaos; how we examine our own vulnerability. Vampires allow us to play with life's uncertainty, in a safely fictitious way.

I don't mean to offer stuff up in the abstract, but as I'm at work and not supposed to be online, I can't get a good list of examples together yet. I've written a couple papers on this topic, though, years ago. It's interesting stuff. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
: : news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7344880
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me?   news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:07 pm

When talking about mythological archetypes with Nsane, I attributed the vampire sex thing to the old myth wherein a god/goddess seduces a mortal. Throughout history that myth has been intriguing, whether it's Zeus' indiscressions or the "watchers" of the book of Enoch, (borrowed from Genesis 6.1-8.) Bella and Edward are like Cupid and Psyche or Artemis and Orion. In the '90s we had Aliens and Angels in our movies and shows breeding with humans. Twilight is just another variation on a story that, like Vampires themselves simply will not die.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me?   news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:25 pm

^^Hee hee. You'll have to tell me what you think of the paper... though sorry you'll kinda' have to read it backwards since the PM system only lets you put so much into a comment.
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
: : news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7344880
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me?   news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:37 pm

I figured that out and I must say it's great- sure, it's a rough draft and there are a few grammar things to do here and there, but generally I'm impressed and delighted! Go Nsane!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? Bjevig
More Numbers : 7570459
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me?   news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:35 am

And they are just now getting this? This is a well known fact ever since Bram Stoker's Dracula.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7560293
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me?   news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:44 pm

"They always do the walk of shame" is awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? S1rl90
More Numbers : 7559283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me?   news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:01 am

I think the idea of Sex and Vampires comes as a blacklash of typical Victorian morality. You see the vampires as decadent debouchers, dangerous and ammoral and usually as enpoverish aristocrats from mainland Europe. The blood exchange has a sexual meaning and a valid theory is that vampire stories during the XIX century where heavily based on the idea of STDs, especially syphills.

This is better seen on Dracula, where Dracula is a dirty, dangerous foreigner and is killed by a lawyer, a doctor, a modern aristrocrat and an adventurer, the pinnacle of the perfection of manhood on the Victorian era, the supreme signs of morality.

But what happened? Well, seems that Victorian men didn't know women liked dangerous men and 30 years later Lugosi drops in, a suave exotic man who carless you middle of the night, outside conventions and with a single bite your life won't be the same.

From there it went evolving: Shreck begoted Lugosi, Lugosi begoted Lee, Lee begoted Lestat, Lestat begoted Ed Cullen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me?   news - Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found On Fox News Are You Freakin Kidding Me?
Page 1 of 1