TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Tim Burton Exhibit At New York's Museum of Modern Art

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art Evil10
More Numbers : 7689882
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art Empty
PostSubject: Tim Burton Exhibit At New York's Museum of Modern Art   Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 5:57 pm

Tim Burton definitely has his own aesthetic: part goth, part whimsy, part just plain Burton. Throughout his career, he has established himself as the go-to guy for the strangely charming and bizarre.

Now, the man behind such classics as "Pee-wee's Big Adventure," "Beetlejuice," "Edward Scissorhands" and "The Nightmare Before Christmas" is being honored with a retrospective exhibit of the artwork connected to some of his most beloved films at the Museum of Modern Art in New York this winter. The visionary said he still doesn't believe that the work in the exhibit belongs to him.

"It's so surreal that it's a bit of an out-of-body experience," he told MTV News at the MoMA. "So you don't actually feel like it's you; it's somebody else. But like I said, it's a cool honor. I got to see friends that I hadn't seen in many years. It's a real nice thing."

Burton said seeing his cinematic history in the museum hasn't yet given him any sort of mental breakdown. And even if it does, he has a way of dealing with the nerves. "I've been there [with therapists]. Done that," he joked. "Making movies is an expensive form of therapy, but it's better than therapy. I've had a couple of psychiatrists who were up there in that range."

It might seem tempting to fix the flaws in his previous work, but Burton said seeing it all again is like opening a time capsule. "The flaws, the good things, the bad things — it's all a part of what makes it a piece of work," he explained. "I accept the flaws, as much as I may not like them. ... These things should be kept as they are. I grew up loving terrible movies, so you don't want them to change. You want them to be bad as ever."

Photos Of The Exhibits
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7586318
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Tim Burton Exhibit At New York's Museum of Modern Art   Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:30 pm

He is truely a gifted man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7588492
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Tim Burton Exhibit At New York's Museum of Modern Art   Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:47 pm

I'm really looking forward to this. I finally have a good reason to drag the hubby to MoMA. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Burton Exhibit At New York's Museum of Modern Art   Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 4:48 pm

Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7682496
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Tim Burton Exhibit At New York's Museum of Modern Art   Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:22 pm

I like how the site is made.
You get to move the guy around hahah.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim Burton Exhibit At New York's Museum of Modern Art   Tim Burton Exhibit At  New York's Museum of Modern Art I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1