TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
The goth father I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
The goth father I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
The goth father I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
The goth father I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
The goth father I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The goth father I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
The goth father I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
The goth father I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
The goth father I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
The goth father I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
The goth father I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
The goth father I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
The goth father I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

The goth father

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : The goth father Evil10
More Numbers : 7683317
Registration date : 2008-07-21

The goth father Empty
PostSubject: The goth father   The goth father I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:39 pm

The goth father

A CAMBRIDGE church that holds special services for goths features in a movie about Depeche Mode's fans.

Canon Fraser Watts, seen preaching in the film, is helping to show young darkly-dressed music fans the light.

Now the unusual fortnightly service, at the Church of St Edward King and Martyr, in Peas Hill, stars in a film The Posters Came From The Walls, about the band, and will be screened at Arts Picturehouse, Cambridge on December 1.

The services feature hits by the band, whose singles include Personal Jesus and Blasphemous Rumours, blasted through the sacred vault of the church's Clare Chapel - which may shake a few of the church's older congregation.

Mr Watts said: "I am delighted that the church will be in the movie. I held a service for goths last night and we had about a dozen turn up.

"The showing of the film does clash with our next service but I plan for everyone to go to the movie together and have the service before or after.

"We have had some criticism from some members of the Christian community about the services. Some people think goths are Satan worshippers but that's not the case.

It's about music and fashion mostly."

The exclusive one-night-only screening is at a number of cinemas across the UK, including Cambridge.

It is co-directed by Turner Prizewinning artist Jeremy Deller and filmmaker Nicholas Abrahams.

Mr Deller said: "The church is a little gem in the film, and puts a particularly British take on the influence of Depeche Mode."

Jacqui Edenbrow, producer of the movie, said: "That's brilliant that some of the congregation from St Edwards are going to see the film, we hope they enjoy it."

It is partly shot in Russia, where on May 9, Victory Day, is a national holiday. It's also the birthday of Dave Gahan, lead singer of Depeche Mode, and a group of Muscovite fans have declared it 'Dave Day'.

The band's music has been treasured since it was only available on illegal bootlegged cassettes in the 1980s and it formed the soundtrack of the march toward freedom those countries embarked upon following the fall of the Berlin Wall.

The gothic eucharists are held on Tuesdays at 8.30pm with "contemporary music and challenging sermons".

The sermon on December 1 will be by Malcolm Guite on money.

Somewhere in this subforum I posted a story about this man and his church services for Goths awhile ago,I thought this was an intresting follow up to that.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : The goth father 25883sk
More Numbers : 7409898
Registration date : 2008-11-30

The goth father Empty
PostSubject: Re: The goth father   The goth father I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 10:54 am

^^ I remember that post. Good to see the church will get a little more well-known thanks to the film.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/

The goth father
Page 1 of 1