TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? Evil10
More Numbers : 7679378
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? Empty
PostSubject: Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"?   Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Director James McTeigue (V for Vendetta, Ninja Assassin) sat down with Sci-Fi Wire to talk about his next film, "The Raven," which is a fictional story about what would happen if a serial killer challenged poet Edgar Allan Poe to solve a series of killings inspired by his own stories.

McTeigue named some of the classic Poe tales that will inspire some of the film's gruesome murders: "The Raven," "Tell-Tale Heart," "Premature Burial," "Murders in the Rue Morgue," and "The Cask of Amontillado."

"It's sort of 'Se7en' meets a series of Poe stories. It's set in 1850s Baltimore, and it's about creating Poe's version of 1850s Baltimore, him moving through it. So it has a lot of the Poe stories interwoven into it," said McTeigue, adding that Poe's real life will be used in the film as well.

Regarding casting, the director is looking for actors to play a 40-year-old Poe, but George Clooney and Brad Pitt need not apply. "No, I don't think they'd be the right choice," McTeigue said. "Clooney and Pitt, they're good actors, but in my vision of it, they're not the people I'm thinking of."

"The Raven" should begin shooting next year. "I've already done some initial location scouting," he said. "I'm in the middle of casting, and hopefully it'll get going by about mid-March."

Sounds like an original idea.
I hope it translates well into film.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7577988
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"?   Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:07 am

This sounds like fun. I wonder who he'll finally cast as Poe.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? Bjevig
More Numbers : 7577024
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"?   Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:41 am

Sounds like a good idea. They better cast someone hot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7636944
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"?   Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:17 am

And here I was waiting to see who you'd suggest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"?   Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Movie is Like "Se7en"? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1