TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages

Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!!

Go down 
+4
Maxmordon
BadArt23
La Diva Carlotta
cynfullov
8 posters
AuthorMessage
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7654013
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! Empty
PostSubject: Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!!   Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:58 pm

omg woohoo
Quote :

Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback

By MIKE CIDONI, Associated Press Writer Mike Cidoni, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 24 mins ago
LOS ANGELES –

The star may be Pee-wee, but his new live stage show is absolutely huge.

"The Pee-wee Herman Show," opening next month in downtown Los Angeles at Club Nokia theater, cost millions to mount. It boasts 11 actors, 20 puppets and marks the show's first production since 1982.

So, why now?

"Well, you know, I really want to make a movie version of 'The Playhouse,' my Saturday morning kid show," Paul Reubens said in an interview earlier this week in which he stayed in his exuberant Pee-wee persona.

"This seemed like a great way to do it: Reintroduce it, get back out there, introduce Pee-wee to the new generation that didn't know about it."

An impulsive, sometimes naughty child living a fantastical world, the Pee-wee character first made a big splash with the live "The Pee-wee Herman Show," which debuted at Groundlings theater in Los Angeles in 1981. An HBO broadcast of the show spread the Pee-wee gospel across the country later that year, and a 1985 Tim Burton-directed feature film, "Pee-wee's Big Adventure," was an acclaimed and popular success.

Then came the television series "Pee-wee's Playhouse" (1986-91), which ran for five seasons, earned 22 Emmys and attracted not only children but adults to Saturday-morning television.

Pee-wee was shelved after Reubens' July 1991 arrest for indecent exposure in an adult-movie house in Sarasota, Fla., resulting in a small fine. Reubens, now 57, continued to act, playing characters other than Pee-wee, scoring successes as the Penguin's father in "Batman Returns" (1992) and a 1995 Emmy nomination for a recurring guest role on "Murphy Brown." But Pee-wee would ultimately rise again.

"Well, I went back and forth between wanting to do it and not wanting to do (the new stage show)," Reubens said. "I had a producer that was calling me every two months for two years. And every two months, I would change my mind. And then, finally, one day I woke up and decided, 'This is it, I'm coming back.'"

As with the original stage show, the new production spins around Pee-wee's desire to fly. The menagerie of "Playhouse" characters is back, as are some of the original cast members, including Lynne Stewart as Miss Yvonne, John Moody as Mailman Mike and John Paragon as Jambi the Genie.

"I think I am grateful for my friends," Reubens said. "I am grateful for my fans. I am grateful that people still support me. I am grateful that people are going to buy tickets to come see my fabulous, fantastic, unbelievably incredible show at Club Nokia. ... I hope people have tickets and that is pretty much what I am thankful for."

"The Pee-wee Herman Show" is scheduled to run for a limited four-week engagement, Jan. 12- Feb. 7.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7595057
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!!   Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:24 pm

Pee Wee Herman has been making appearances on late night talk shows recently. He was on Conan a few weeks ago and on Leno about a month or two ago. It was a little weird.

I loved his show as a kid, and I'm happy he''s making a come back. I hope his new stage show is successful. bounce
Back to top Go down
BadArt23
BadArt23

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 389
: : Where You At?
: : Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7586616
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!!   Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 6:16 pm

Wow!!! I love Pee-Wee! Very Happy It's gonna be a great time now because the generation that watched him as a kid is now the generation raising their own kids.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! S1rl90
More Numbers : 7582917
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!!   Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:37 pm

Good luck with that, Mr. Reubens. I never had the chance to watch an episode, but I hope to have the chance to see this.
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7654013
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!!   Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:21 pm

<( Not from the show, but thought I'd share anyways. )
........ ( "Aw PeeWee, I see your a fan of Halloween too! " )

Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! Pointingfinger
....................... @
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!!   Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:28 pm

I suppose I never "got" him - he always creeped me out just a little
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7579292
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!!   Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 8:21 pm

^^^^Ya I know what you mean. I always imagined him to be the type of guy who had bodies in his basement.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! Bjevig
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!!   Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:12 pm

I could never watch Pee-wee's Playhouse because it always crept me out, despite me liking Pee-wee's Big Adventure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7583927
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!!   Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:27 pm

What! I ride or die for Pee-Wee.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!!   Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pee-wee Herman's Big Comeback!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Movies & Media-
Jump to: