TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages

Best way to get over it

Go down 
+9
DarkDreamer
deadcoldgothgirl
Dark Gentleman
RedAngel
helen damnation
Vampira132
BadArt23
Morwenna
SPF
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : Best way to get over it 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7564849
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Best way to get over it Empty
PostSubject: Best way to get over it   Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:32 pm

I am dealing with a heartbreak right now, and I am sure there are other people here who have also suffered from a breakup.

What are your best ways to get over/heal from a broken heart or breakup.
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
: : Best way to get over it 25a7xqo
More Numbers : 7574983
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Best way to get over it   Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:39 pm

Get together with some of your best friends and go out and have fun, or stay in and curl up on the couch with a funny movie (no romances though). Sorry to hear about it though. sad or frown I hope you feel better soon. *hug!*
Back to top Go down
BadArt23
BadArt23

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 389
: : Where You At?
: : Best way to get over it 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7572173
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Best way to get over it   Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 3:49 pm

Even though you may not feel like going out and having fun, Morwenna's suggestion is a good one. You need to keep your mind off of it and focus on other things.
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : Best way to get over it Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7668901
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Best way to get over it   Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:36 pm

Keep yourself busy thats the key. Oh and also try to find closure somewhere.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Best way to get over it 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7673313

PostSubject: Re: Best way to get over it   Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 6:30 pm

As said above, take care of and indulge yourself and never ever blame yourself or think that you are a lesser person. Sometimes things just end in a organic way and it wasnt meant to be - this does not devalue you in any way whatsoever
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Best way to get over it 25883sk
More Numbers : 7408585
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Best way to get over it   Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:30 pm

The ladies' advice here is very good, SPF. Time with friends, taking care of yourself, finding closure and having fun in other ways are all good ways to get back to being happy again. I'd add this: remember that you'll love again, and next time will be better. hug Take good care of you! We're here and rooting for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Dark Gentleman
Dark Gentleman

Pisces Pig
Number of posts : 394
: : Best way to get over it 2vwy0zq
More Numbers : 7566875
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Best way to get over it   Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:19 am

RedAngel wrote:
The ladies' advice here is very good, SPF. Time with friends, taking care of yourself, finding closure and having fun in other ways are all good ways to get back to being happy again. I'd add this: remember that you'll love again, and next time will be better. hug Take good care of you! We're here and rooting for you. Smile

Ah, this thread is finally here. After reading all this, I must say I do agree with everyone here. Forgivness is another way of finding closure as well (even though it was scary as hell, but I did it).

I had women asking me out for the New Year's party, but I had to decline for that fact I felt pressured and it was kinda hard to choose too. blush At least some of them were respectful about it, and 2 of them were pouting Rolling Eyes , omg.

Overall, I didn't feel ready for dating just yet. :?
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : Best way to get over it S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7578440
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Best way to get over it   Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:34 am

Well personally I've had several of this type of thing happening. So my cures are as follows....

- Go out with a lot of friends. You may feel like crap but them talking to you seems to dull your mind a bit.

- Cry. Put on a ton of sappy break up songs and cry. Crying is your bodys way of releasing chemicals and such to make yourself get over things faster and making things easier.

- Plan revenge. Even though you might be hurt and never follow through with the plans it somehow gives you a new sense of empowerment over the situation.

- Time. No one likes to hear this answer but it is an unchangable human fact. Time heals all wounds.

- Talk to people. A lot. Talking to people makes you think more clearly on the subject and helps for the healing process. Even if one of the people you talk to is your ex. Sometimes just talking the problem out with them can make you feel better about it being over. But the ex being willing to talk to you isn't always the case.

- Do what you like to do. Do it often. I like to write so I end up writing a lot. If you like to shop then do it but not on a huge scale. Go to a dollar store or thrift store and get little trinkets or a nice new cheap outfit to go with a new you. There are always sales on cheap make up as well if that is your thing.

Everything is a ritual in order to get yourself back into shape. Same thing with a healing wound. You take the steps needed to make sure that wound is clean and heals properly. This is the exact same thing. Not all of my advice may work for you personally, but I'm sure you can move things around, add/subtract, or even create a new ritual to best help you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
More Numbers : 7564849
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Best way to get over it   Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Thanks this is great advice.

I have found that time is a great way to heal, however I still cant listen to certain songs by The Cure or watch romantic movies lol.

I figured this thread could help other people too, so here is my advice/methods that have helped me.

Shopping
an awesome makeover
Talking with friends about their experiences.
Focusing on school work or a job
Back to top Go down
DarkDreamer
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
: : Best way to get over it 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7512459
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Best way to get over it   Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:35 am

If you are at all spiritual, sometimes going through cleansing rituals are a huge help.

After a very traumatic and abrupt break up, I went through two gallons of holy water and nearly a dozen smudge sticks to clean my home, took a long, freezing shower to cleanse my body, and meditated to cleanse my soul. These things helped helped me keep everything under control until I was at a point in my life where I could better deal with my past trials. Everyone has different rituals for this sort of things, but I believe that rituals can offer a lot if you're open to them; closure, cleansing, inspiration, ways to cope and move on, gathering up the broken pieces of your life and trying to get them back in order.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Best way to get over it 25883sk
More Numbers : 7408585
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Best way to get over it   Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:14 pm

^^ That's a really good suggestion, DD. A ritual gives you the chance to mark a major life change -- and it's something you conduct yourself, not something that happens to you, so it puts some power back in your own hands.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
lollirot
lollirot

Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 769
: : Horror Aficionado
More Numbers : 7574813
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Best way to get over it   Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:26 am

Writing it out helps. Well, it helped me when I got over an exbf.
You shouldn't really keep what you're feeling bottled up, especially if you're heartbroken. Talk it out or write it out.
Back to top Go down
Bone_Shaker
Bone_Shaker

Capricorn Dragon
Number of posts : 26
More Numbers : 6821090
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Best way to get over it   Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:58 am

Join a roller derby team. That's how I got over mine.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Best way to get over it 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7673313

PostSubject: Re: Best way to get over it   Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Fire
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Best way to get over it Bjevig
More Numbers : 7579650
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Best way to get over it   Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 pm

helen damnation wrote:
Fire

Yes, arson is very effective.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
: : Best way to get over it Bjevig
More Numbers : 7578440

PostSubject: Re: Best way to get over it   Best way to get over it I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Paint colorful words on rocks and throw them through the offending party's bedroom window in the middle of the night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best way to get over it   Best way to get over it I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best way to get over it
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Relationships-
Jump to: