TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Born of Hope

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Born of Hope Empty
PostSubject: Born of Hope   Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 6:54 pm

Trailer and full movie here

She didn't have Peter Jackson's £200million budget, eight years of filming time or the spectacular scenery of New Zealand to work with.

But Kate Madison could match his boundless passion - and with it managed to make her own Lord Of The Rings film.

The amateur actress was so inspired by the blockbuster Rings trilogy created by Jackson she wrote, directed and produced a prequel based on material from the original JRR Tolkien books.

Her hour-long movie Born Of Hope, made on a budget of just £25,000, is already a success, with more than 500,000 people viewing it for free on the internet.

Miss Madison, 31, from Cambridge, said that watching the trilogy had blown her mind.

'The battle scenes and the array of incredible characters really inspired me and I was desperate to have a go at making an epic myself,' she said.

She put her £8,000 life savings into the project, worked as an office temp to gain extra cash and raised a further £17,000 by posting a trailer on YouTube appealing for donations.

She convinced more than 400 cast and crew to give their time for free, and played the part of Elgarain the forest ranger herself.

And over a year, starting in mid-2008, she filmed Born Of Hope in locations around England.

Miss Madison said: 'There were times when it was cold and wet and we were up to our eyes in mud standing in the middle of a forest wondering if we could make this a success.

'But now it's all done it's an amazing feeling.'

Her story was based on two paragraphs Tolkien included in the appendix to his books, which mentioned the adventures of Arathorn and Gilraen, the parents of Aragorn, who was played in the Jackson films by Viggo Mortensen.

It was shot in Epping Forest, Essex, and West Stow, Suffolk, after seeking permission from local authorities.

Christopher Dane, who plays Arathorn in the film alongside Beth Aynsley as his wife Gilraen, said the experience had been 'exhilarating'.

The 45-year-old actor from Muswell Hill, north London, added: 'It was brilliant fun and we have produced an entire film for less than Peter Jackson spent on breakfast for his cast while he was filming the original in New Zealand.'

Jackson's first Lord Of The Rings film, The Fellowship Of The Ring, was released in 2001, followed by The Two Towers in 2002 and The Return Of The King in 2003.

They became among the most successful films of all time, grossing almost $3billion between them.

Jackson is now collaborating with Mexican director Guillermo del Toro on a two-part adaptation of Tolkien's The Hobbit, due for release in 2011 and 2012.

I haven't been able to watch the full movie yet, but the trailer looks fantastic! Good for her too on such a small budget!
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Born of Hope Evil10
More Numbers : 7696447
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Born of Hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Born of Hope   Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:05 pm

I look foward to seeing this !
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Born of Hope 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Born of Hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Born of Hope   Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:26 am

It's based on two paragraphs of one of the appendices? Although it's only an hour long, I would hope she didn't take too many liberties in fleshing out that small swatch of writing.

One of the reasons I liked the LOTR trilogy as much as I did was the fidelity to the books. Even in areas in which fill-in was required, Jackson drew on other parts of the books themselves. Arwen's outfit at the end of Return of the King harkens back to the description of Goldberry in Fellowship: "all clad in silver-green." And Elrond's description of Arwen's projected future after Aragorn's death -- at least its visual depiction -- is a reference to a description of Gilraen's grief-stricken wandering in one of the book's appendices. But can such a reference carry an hour?

I admit I'm a LOTR dork. But not the biggest I know.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/

Born of Hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Born of Hope   Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:38 am

Well, I'm 40 minutes in and I like it... it's no hollywood production, but it's still pretty good.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Born of Hope 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Born of Hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Born of Hope   Born of Hope I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:24 pm

^^ That's cool. I should set aside time and watch it, too.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Born of Hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Born of Hope   Born of Hope I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Born of Hope
Page 1 of 1