TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages

Ping A social networking garment

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Ping A social networking garment Evil10
More Numbers : 7682004
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Ping A social networking garment Empty
PostSubject: Ping A social networking garment   Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:58 pm

Ping is a garment that connects to your Facebook account wirelessly and from anywhere. It allows you to stay connected to your friends and groups of friends simply by performing natural gestures that are built into the mechanics of the garments we wear. Lift up a hood, tie a bow, zip, button, and simply move, bend and swing to ping your friends naturally and automatically. No phone, no laptop, no hardware. Simply go about your day, look good and stay connected.

The project investigates three important and emerging areas in wearable technology:

Connection to larger systems
The garment investigates ways to connect to larger software systems that can add more functionality and longevity to the experience while offering a new platform for communication and expression.

Aesthetics
Rather than simply attaching technology to clothing, the project investigates garments that have electronics built directly into them resulting in a new aesthetic of form and behavior that become a core part of our expression, our identity, and our individuality.

Marketability
Very few wearable technology projects successfully target consumers outside of the sports, medical and military fields. We are just not there yet. The project aims to generate market desirability for a wide variety of people to use in everyday life.

Pics at the link.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Ping A social networking garment Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7580614
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Ping A social networking garment   Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:34 am

Ummm......I don't get it. What's the point of this? What do the people behind thjis hope to achieve?
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Ping A social networking garment 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7639570
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Ping A social networking garment   Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:38 am

Well.. I really do like how the circuitry is visible on the side panels. Reminds me somewhat of spider "webs" ark ark. k :? Still does though and although I did enjoy looking at all the "we are looking for investors - Cosmo mag. photoshots" which were very well done, the "secret agent relaying a message into the collar" was especially neat.

Last edited by cynfullov on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *Not exactly Cosmo, I know, but you know what I mean, I hope.))
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Ping A social networking garment 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7673313
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Ping A social networking garment   Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:39 pm

Looks awful and the idea sucks. I mean, do people really have to access their social networks wherever they are????? Deeply sad
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Ping A social networking garment Bjevig
More Numbers : 7579650
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Ping A social networking garment   Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:21 am

What if you get caught in an electrical storm?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ping A social networking garment   Ping A social networking garment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Fashion, Beauty, & Make-up-
Jump to: