TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Mark Twain will finally reveal all

Go down 
    4 posters
    AuthorMessage
    ravengrim
    ravengrim

Virgo Rat
    Number of posts : 7192
    : : The Fallen Angel
    : : Mark Twain will finally reveal all Evil10
    More Numbers : 7683317
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Mark Twain will finally reveal all Empty
    PostSubject: Mark Twain will finally reveal all   Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:27 pm

After keeping us waiting for a century, Mark Twain will finally reveal all

The great American writer left instructions not to publish his autobiography until 100 years after his death, which is now

Exactly a century after rumours of his death turned out to be entirely accurate, one of Mark Twain's dying wishes is at last coming true: an extensive, outspoken and revelatory autobiography which he devoted the last decade of his life to writing is finally going to be published.

The creator of Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn and some of the most frequently misquoted catchphrases in the English language left behind 5,000 unedited pages of memoirs when he died in 1910, together with handwritten notes saying that he did not want them to hit bookshops for at least a century.

That milestone has now been reached, and in November the University of California, Berkeley, where the manuscript is in a vault, will release the first volume of Mark Twain's autobiography. The eventual trilogy will run to half a million words, and shed new light on the quintessentially American novelist.

Scholars are divided as to why Twain wanted the first-hand account of his life kept under wraps for so long. Some believe it was because he wanted to talk freely about issues such as religion and politics. Others argue that the time lag prevented him from having to worry about offending friends.

One thing's for sure: by delaying publication, the author, who was fond of his celebrity status, has ensured that he'll be gossiped about during the 21st century.

A hundred years?
    This should be a rip roaring good read judging by how long he made them wait to publish it.

I'll take one please

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/after-keeping-us-waiting-for-a-century-mark-twain-will-finally-reveal-all-1980695.html
    Back to top Go down
    RedAngel
    star member
    RedAngel

Leo Snake
    Number of posts : 5385
    : : Mark Twain will finally reveal all 25883sk
    More Numbers : 7409898
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Mark Twain will finally reveal all   Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:08 am

^^ Definitely one for me too! Wow, this should be a very good read.
    Back to top Go down
    http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
    cynfullov
    star member
    cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
    Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
    : : Mark Twain will finally reveal all 2ajugar
    More Numbers : 7640883
    Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Mark Twain will finally reveal all   Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:30 pm

100 years kept on the hush? shock

Wow..
    Now those are some people that should have been sent out for the Holy Grail!

Because you know the combo for that vault had to change hands. Claps to them all. I'm just surprized it didn't get leaked out before now and published.

Hopefully this thread can be remembered and we can do a little book club on it. I'm as interested to read it, as I am to see what the rest of you that do think on it. Ohhh.. Who's all in for betting it'll be put on the big screen?
    Back to top Go down
    Spooky
    vip member
    Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
    Number of posts : 1421
    : : Mark Twain will finally reveal all 6tpz4k
    More Numbers : 7570797
    Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Mark Twain will finally reveal all   Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:57 pm

I've been waiting for this for years, I think since I read about it when in highschool.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.fetishfactory.com
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Twain will finally reveal all   Mark Twain will finally reveal all I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mark Twain will finally reveal all
    Page 1 of 1