TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : 'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say Evil10
More Numbers : 7683317
Registration date : 2008-07-21

'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say Empty
PostSubject: 'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say   'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:50 pm

Those who pine over a lost love might have a biological reason for their prolonged yearning. New brain research suggests getting over romantic rejection might be akin to kicking an addiction.

The study is one of the first to examine the brains of the recently broken-hearted who have trouble letting go of their relationship.

The researchers found that, for heartbroken men and women, looking at photographs of former partners activated regions in the brain associated with rewards, addiction cravings, control of emotions, feelings of attachment and physical pain and distress.

The results provide insight into why it might be hard for some people to get over a break up, and why, in some cases, people are driven to commit extreme behaviors, such as stalking and homicide, after losing love.

"Romantic love is an addiction," said study author Helen E. Fisher, a biological anthropologist at Rutgers University who studies love. "It’s a very powerfully wonderful addiction when things are going well and a perfectly horrible addiction when things are going poorly," she said.

The researchers speculate the brain's response to romantic rejection may have an evolutionary basis.

The story continues at the link.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say   'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:07 pm

Quote :
Fisher and her colleagues scanned the brains of 15 college-aged volunteers (10 women and 5 men) who had all recently experienced a break up,

I like that they're doing studies like this, but they really need a bigger testing pool. 15 isn't much at all.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : 'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: 'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say   'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:44 pm

And this is new? We have known this for a long time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : 'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7581927
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: 'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say   'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:04 pm

Doesn't that no talent hack Ke$ha have a song like that..."your love your love your love is my drug". LOL
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : 'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7566162
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: 'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say   'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:39 pm

^^^ haha ya

and yes...I have heard this theory many times....love is like addiction.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : 'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7675931
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: 'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say   'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:26 am

I like that addiction because i love the feeling of being in love. And the feeling I get knowing that my honey is in love with me too.
Bring on the love drug tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say   'Romantic Love Is an Addiction,' Researchers Say I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1