TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)

Go down 
    +7
    SPF
    RedAngel
    helen damnation
    DarkDreamer
    La Diva Carlotta
    Ginger_Snaps
    Lolita Rose
    11 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Lolita Rose
    Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse
    Number of posts : 114
    : : Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) Th_cil10
    More Numbers : 7565644
    Registration date : 2008-07-30

Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) Empty
    PostSubject: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 5:36 pm

So, most of us already know the basics of keeping pale, such as using a parasol and sunscreen when going outside. But keeping out of sunlight can only go so far.
    I've always loved how gloriously pale the Gothic models I've seen are, but their paleness is usually due to a lot of Photo-shopping and bright lighting.
    So besides the keeping out of the sun bit, what else can we do to achieve the lightest shade of pale?

I'm thinking my options are probably limited to:
    -Lightening creams and lotions
    -Make up
    -Odd recipes for skin lightening I've found.

Since skin-lightening is popular in many asian countries right now, a lot of companies (such as Yves St. Laurent) have created skin whitening creams. Link. The downside to this is they use very harsh chemicals and probably something akin to bleach. I'm not sure I'd want to put that on my skin, but it is an option.

White makeup would probably work well, but I've never really worn foundation or anything of the sort. And I'm not sure there are any foundations/powders out there that could both stand up to the very high humidity where I live, and not clog my pores.

Then there's the skin lightening recipes I've found. Such as the one on Mookychick: http://www.mookychick.co.uk/body/pale-skin.php I haven't had a chance to try it out, so I'm not sure if it would work or not.

So what other options are out there? Anyone have any useful links or such that have worked for them?
    Back to top Go down
    Ginger_Snaps
    Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
    Number of posts : 4545
    : : Werewolf
    : : Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) Bjevig
    More Numbers : 7579650
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:31 pm

I use Manic Panic's lightest natural tone for foundation, then use their white powder (well, I have to use the white powder because their lightest is still too dark for me). Another thing is to wear long sleeve clothes, even in the summer--I live in the South so I can do it as well.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
    La Diva Carlotta
    supernova
    La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
    Number of posts : 7864
    : : Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) Sdd7oz
    More Numbers : 7580614
    Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:55 pm

Oy! I got a tan this summer despite my best efforts to prevent that from happening. I think I'm going to try one of those recipes you posted, Lolita. I've attempted to use lightening cream in the past, but I couldn't stand the heavy perfume smell. I know there's been some debate as to the safety of bleaching/lightening creams containing hydroquinone, but the research I've done into it has shown that the stuff is quite safe. But it smells funny anyway. LOL

Derma E makes a skin lightening cream that is all natural, but it will take a while to work. Hm...I think I'm going to try it out.
    Back to top Go down
    DarkDreamer
    DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
    Number of posts : 933
    : : Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) 29cndqs
    More Numbers : 7512459
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Become anemic? [/sarcasm]

But that aside, I know that lemon juice was used to bleach out skin during the Victorian era. I'm not sure how well it works, but it may be worth trying. I've also heard of using hydrogen peroxide for skin whitening.
    Back to top Go down
    helen damnation
    helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
    : : Satan's cheerleader
    : : Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) 2hreirs
    More Numbers : 7673313
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Dont ask me! I only have to see the sun in the sky to go brown. Already got white bead marks on my arms Smile I'm a very bad goth Laughing
    Back to top Go down
    RedAngel
    star member
    RedAngel

Leo Snake
    Number of posts : 5385
    : : Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) 25883sk
    More Numbers : 7408585
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:35 pm

^^ I hear ya, Mrs. D. I'm mostly Italian; I tan *very* easily, despite sunscreen! I freckle a little too. I've stopped trying to fight it.
    Back to top Go down
    http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
    helen damnation
    helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:54 pm

RedAngel wrote:
    ^^ I hear ya, Mrs. D. I'm mostly Italian; I tan *very* easily, despite sunscreen! I freckle a little too. I've stopped trying to fight it.

I've got no chance of being pale even in mid Winter. My Mam is 100% Welsh (small and dark) and my Dad has Spanish blood. I use sunscreen (dont want wrinkles) but somehow still tan in seconds

I tried white face powder once but it was totally ridiculous - when I laugh, my eyes leak and I laugh a lot so ended up with flesh coloured tear tracks
    Back to top Go down
    Ginger_Snaps
    Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:25 pm

I'm Scotch-Irish (with a generous helping of both Polish and Cherokee Indian) so I burn without there being a sun present. I had a friend who once said she could tell who had Indigenous American ancestry in them--they are the palest people around.
    Back to top Go down
    RedAngel
    star member
    RedAngel

Leo Snake
    Number of posts : 5385
    : : Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) 25883sk
    More Numbers : 7408585
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Mrs. D.: I love that you laugh a lot! Smile

Mrs. D. and Ginger: I also love hearing about people's ancestry. I just think it's really cool. Smile

I use sunscreen on my face every day too. Summer is a pain in the butt b/c when I tan, the olive tones come out as well. It looks a little weird on a redhead. :/ I've tried dyeing my hair darker to increase the contrast between my skin and my hair, but then it brings out every shadow in my face and I look like an old Italian lady. Not an improvement, lol.
    Back to top Go down
    http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
    SPF
    vip member
    SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
    : : Fashionista
    : : Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) 2j4964z
    More Numbers : 7564849
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:44 pm

Im Brazilian!!!! haha and I am paler than all my friends.
    Well actually there are a lot of "white" people in Brazil

I am also Russian too!...but mostly Brazilian.

I like looking pale, but not ghost white/translucent because like Red said: you can look like an "old Italian lady "

I always contour and highlight with a little blush for more of a "porcelain doll look" than Crypt keeper (although I love him!)

Being one shade of white might actually look really bad on some people, especially if your hair is Jet black.

I always dye my hair natural black bc the blue black makes me look sick

I also use sunscreen everyday
    Back to top Go down
    Morwenna
    star member
    Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
    Number of posts : 3717
    : : Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) 25a7xqo
    More Numbers : 7574983

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 1:56 pm

I use porcelain ivory Maybelline liquid mousse foundation and Bloody Mary White Heat white setting powder.
    Back to top Go down
    Emmature
    Emmature

Virgo Pig
    Number of posts : 1038
    More Numbers : 7354071
    Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:58 pm

I live in Texas so I have the sweat off/sunburn double whammy.

Speak of ancestry, my dad's German (grandpa spoke English as a second language) and my naturally redheaded mother is Irish. Dad jokes that I come from the two greatest drinking cultures on earth. cheers

But I digress.

One thing you may want to look into is changing your sunscreen. Most sunscreens rub on invisibly because they contain chemical barriers to the sun's rays. Some sunscreens, however, contain physical barriers.

Surely you've seen the token beach d-bag in a movie decked out like this-

Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) Colored-zinc-sunscreen-150x150

That's zinc oxide. Titanium something-or-other is also a physical barrier. They're a lot less popular these days because they can leave white streaks on your face. I find that they do double duty- protecting me from the sun and paling me down a bit. You can find them at health food stores and the like. Then you can minimize the shiny by dusting on some white powder (Larenim is awesome but pricey) which sticks pretty well once you've slathered your face down with the sunscreen.
    Back to top Go down
    SPF
    vip member
    SPF

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:26 pm

^^^I love Zinc Oxide. I use it all the time. You can get Zinc Oxide in a less thick form that goes on like sunscreen.

My bf's dad is a dermatologist and he hooks me up with all sorts of heavy duty skin protecting chemicals.
    Back to top Go down
    QueenbHorror
    QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
    Number of posts : 829
    : : Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) Th_sta10
    More Numbers : 6144468
    Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 3:25 am

Reading this thread makes me want to go out and buy crates of lemons, gallons of milk,
    and maybe a few Snickers to snack on while I soak in my lemon/milk bath for a week or so.

The worst thing for me is driving in the day, and you get that weird car tan on you're hands and arms. So after driving with one arm behind my back, or smashed up oddly against the door in a game I like to call "Run from the Sun" (donno why I call it that), I finally wised up and always carry a hoodie
    in my hearse to save my arms. (Although July's sun already got me. Only my arms, but I feel like the tannest person ever! -.-) I try to remember to wear gloves while driving too, but that never happens.
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee
    deadcoldgothgirl
    supernova
    deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
    Number of posts : 6332
    : : Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) S3mrtd
    More Numbers : 7578440
    Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 6:28 pm

^^I enjoy being pale. I don't care about many people tell me to tan. I refuse. But if I'm out at a concert and I'm stuck in the sun I don't mind as long as I can get out of it as soon as possible.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
    Ginger_Snaps
    Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Since I have been putting a layer of sea salt on my face, I have noticed that it lightens my skin.
    Back to top Go down
    helen damnation
    helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Well I can never be pale, my Dad has Spanish blood and my Mother is pure Welsh - even in the depths of Winter I look tanned and now I just look as brown as a berry, possibly because I'm in my garden whenever I can be. I never did believe in fitting into stereotypes anyway. Goths with darker skin tones can get away with bolder make up Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    La Diva Carlotta
    supernova
    La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
    Number of posts : 7864
    : : Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) Sdd7oz
    More Numbers : 7580614

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 12:14 am

^^ clap clap clap
    Back to top Go down
    deadcoldgothgirl
    supernova
    deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
    Number of posts : 6332
    : : Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) S3mrtd
    More Numbers : 7578440
    Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 3:07 pm

I'm either pale or I'm red. If I get any sort of "tan" it is usually because I had to go through pain like bloody hell with horrible sunburn. So it's not that I'm trying to stay white, it just kinda works out that way.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
    QueenbHorror
    QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
    Number of posts : 829
    : : Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) Th_sta10
    More Numbers : 6144468
    Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:26 pm

I wish I could embrace my tanness, but its just not me. However, I went to the china market the other day looking for guava soap (it is suppose to have natural skin lightening ingredient). I wasn't able to get the guava soap, but I did find a new product called Lux White Glamor shower gel.

" ...formulated with three parts... AHA, Rose Oil ad White Tea Anti-Oxidant are known to gently wash away dark skin cells to reveal lighter skin naturally. "

and my personal favorite, "...you will feel empowered to unleash and enjoy your feminine spirit."

I don't know how my feminine spirit feels about my soap, but it smells great. I only used it twice, so don't know how it will work in the long run.
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee
    SPF
    vip member
    SPF

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:35 pm

I dont lighten my skin, but I know hydroquinone is a chemical to look for.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:23 pm

So has anyone tried the lemon/yoghurt/oats treatment? Does it work? I'm thinking of starting a skin lightening regimen. I also might look into Ginger's sea salt.
    Back to top Go down
    DarkDreamer
    DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
    Number of posts : 933
    : : Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) 29cndqs
    More Numbers : 7512459
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:34 pm

I recently started using this: http://theallnaturalface.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.details&ProductID=117565

It's been quite helpful in keeping my acne under control, and has had a slight, but noticeable, paling effect on my skin as well. Not to mention it smells really yummy.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)   Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's the Fairest of Them All? (Pale skin methods?)
    Page 1 of 1