TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
How Much Would You Charge? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
How Much Would You Charge? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
How Much Would You Charge? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
How Much Would You Charge? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
How Much Would You Charge? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
How Much Would You Charge? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
How Much Would You Charge? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
How Much Would You Charge? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
How Much Would You Charge? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
How Much Would You Charge? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
How Much Would You Charge? I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
How Much Would You Charge? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
How Much Would You Charge? I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages

How Much Would You Charge?

Go down 
2 posters

$10
How Much Would You Charge? I_vote_lcap0%How Much Would You Charge? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
$15
 0% [ 0 ]
$20
How Much Would You Charge? I_vote_lcap100%How Much Would You Charge? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
$25
 0% [ 0 ]
$30
 0% [ 0 ]
$35
 0% [ 0 ]
$40
 0% [ 0 ]
your suggestion
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : How Much Would You Charge? Bjevig
More Numbers : 7583589
Registration date : 2008-07-22

How Much Would You Charge? Empty
PostSubject: How Much Would You Charge?   How Much Would You Charge? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:34 am

I'm making rag dolls to sell as an attempt to earn some money but am not sure as to what to charge. The materials, thus far, cost roughly $30 and I have only made three thus far (nine have been cut out to be sewn and stuffed); if I were to sell the first three made, the unit cost would be roughly $10 but I need to make some kind of profit. Here is one of the dolls. There are three sets of trim (one to create a bust, one at the hem, and the hanging lace) and a red stone in the middle of the bust. I used absolutely no glue on the dolls.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/

PostSubject: Re: How Much Would You Charge?   How Much Would You Charge? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:51 am

This is a toughy. I'm not sure about online shop etiquette, but maybe price of materials plus a dollar amount? $30 for materials (divided by) 12 dolls would be roughly $2.50 in materials each. Then add in how ever much your labour is worth. If each doll took an hour to make and you go by about $10 an hour, that's $12.50 per doll plus shipping. This would be a price that many people would probably be willing to buy but might not really fully show the value of your labour.

...wft... I've been doing math homework for too long drunken

How's this. How much would you and/or the average person expect to pay for a doll like this (check etsy/ebay/amazon and see how others are priced) and then come up with a similar price. Just remember that the buyer will also have to pay shipping.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : How Much Would You Charge? 25883sk
More Numbers : 7412524
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: How Much Would You Charge?   How Much Would You Charge? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:53 am

Parts plus labor is the guideline I use. Parts per doll, plus whatever you think would be a fair wage for you per hour (or however long it takes you to make one doll). You can also add a moderate profit markup. Shipping is separate, right? Otherwise, include that too.

I've been told that you can multiply that total by up to 5 if the pieces are one of a kind. I don't mark up that much, even though I make one-of-a-kind pieces, b/c I'm afraid I'll price myself out of customer consideration. Maybe if/when my work gets more popular I can raise prices.

Good luck, Ginger. I hope they sell well -- you're selling for the same reasons I'm selling (passion, yeah, but also profit). If you sell through Etsy, let me know and I'll add you to my favorites. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Much Would You Charge?   How Much Would You Charge? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Polls-
Jump to: