TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down

Go down 
+4
Ginger_Snaps
RedAngel
endless dark
Spooky
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7570797
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down Empty
PostSubject: Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down   Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:34 am

I had a bit of debate over movies in 3D this past Monday, specifically about how I just don't care about movies in 3D. Actually no, that's not true, when I hear a movie is filmed in 3D, I actually don't want to see it at all. 3D films; where I have to wear some silly pair of glasses so things can look like they're coming out at me does not interest me at all. I live in a 3D world so the films I watch don't need to be that way, all they need to be are good films; which incidentally they are not. Most of the films that rely on attracting audiences because of some 3D shtick, have crappy acting and stories. I'll even admit to passing judgment on these films without watching them, because I can already tell they're going to be bad films and I want nothing to do with them. I'm not going to see Death Race 2000 part 2, because I can already tell it's not good from the trailer.

Never saw Avatar, I saw that film before, it was called Dances With Wolves and it didn't need 400 million dollars to make people blue, build a giant green screen because nothing was real, and have arrows jumping out of the screen at me. The people whom I was debating with agreed that Avatar had a terrible storyline, which they would know better then me because I don't want to see it. However, they said that James Cameron is a "genius at 3D", and I relied; "that doesn't mean anything to me".

I brought up this point, imagine: The Shawshank Redemption in 3D, Bridge over the River Kwai in 3D, The Godfather Part 2 in 3D, Gone With the Wind in 3D, Casablanca in 3D? Can't do it right? Because those films were great, and didn't need some hack director shtick to trick people into seeing their poorly directed film with bad acting. I also brought up the fact that probably the two finest young directors of our time, Christopher Nolan and Darren Aronofsky, both who have created some surreal and imaginative films, some using a lot of special effects with huge budgets; both refuse to use 3D on the grounds that it's pointless and trite. So I'm sure that loser Tim Burton is working on a 3D film as we speak.

I just wanted to bring that up here. Now discuss.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7677946
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down   Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:05 pm

This is the type of thing I've been waiting to hit the boards for a while but not this one. It looks like a good discussion maker but not for me because I pretty much agree 3d is a craptastic ploy for selling tickets and most 3d movies are equally as craptastic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down 25883sk
More Numbers : 7409898
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down   Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:04 pm

I couldn't agree more. Spooky brings up an excellent point: LIFE is in 3D. Why try to simulate what our optic nerves automatically simulate anyway when we watch a standard movie?

Wait, what am I asking: The answer is the same answer to "why have a DVD and blu-ray sold together in the same box" and that answer is "It's a gimmick to sell more product; people will perceive it as being of greater value, when in fact it's just more product than anyone needs." I wouldn't care if it was just a handful of movies, but now it seems everyone's jumping on the bandwagon. Including TV manufacturers -- what if you don't want a 3D TV? Something tells me they'll all wind up designed that way in the near future, so the gimmick will be the only option.

Full disclosure:
I've never seen Avatar and have no desire to see it.
I once watched a movie in "3D" b/c I thought we showed up for the regular one and we didn't want to go back later. It was "Up", which is a really good movie, but the 3D-ness consisted of things looking like cardboard cutouts in front of one another.

Anyway, I'm glad some other people agree with me b/c I was wondering if I was just being old and set in my ways. At the risk of sounding that way anyway: I worry that we're becoming a culture that has to see a sunset in 3D on our IPads or whatever instead of going outside and just seeing the thing.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down   Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:16 pm

In my opinion, this whole 3D gimmick is just a rehashed shtick from the 80s because Hollywood couldn't think of anything else. I hate 3D glasses; they hurt my eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7674626
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down   Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:19 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
In my opinion, this whole 3D gimmick is just a rehashed shtick from the 80s because Hollywood couldn't think of anything else. I hate 3D glasses; they hurt my eyes.

Couldnt agree more. Has Hollywood thought of anything new in the last 20 years?
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7566162
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down   Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:56 pm

I saw Jackass in 3D. It was better in 3D only due to the nature of the show. Someone flying off a ramp does look better in 3D...but I didnt pay to see the movie...lol thanks to my buddy. I noticed that jackass is loved by a specific type of audience that would probably shell out extra cash to see a shitty movie in 3D

overall i agree that 3D movies are unnecessary. They hurt my eyes!!
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down   Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:50 am

SPF wrote:
I saw Jackass in 3D. It was better in 3D only due to the nature of the show. Someone flying off a ramp does look better in 3D...but I didnt pay to see the movie...lol thanks to my buddy. I noticed that jackass is loved by a specific type of audience that would probably shell out extra cash to see a shitty movie in 3D

I think it was Jon Stewart that said Jackass is the only movie that is worth doing in 3D.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7566162
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down   Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:25 am

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
SPF wrote:

I think it was Jon Stewart that said Jackass is the only movie that is worth doing in 3D.

ya I can see that being true. It made everything look more fun, but I wouldn't have paid to see it. Bam Margera makes way too much money for what hes worth lol
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down   Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:19 am

OK good, I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7581927
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down   Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:32 am

We actually have a 3D tv at home - it was on sale at the time and not that much more $ than a regular LCD/LED tv. Anywho, yes, most movies in 3D are stupid. However, there are times when the 3D thing works, especially in animated movies. We have the Monsters vs. Aliens DVD in 3D, and it is fantastic! Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your beliefs, LOL) there isn't much 3D content out yet there for televisions, though it's something that's being worked on. I don't think 3D tvs are being forced on us at all, and they'll ever be as popular as the media will have you believe. No, Red, Samsung, Sony and Panasonic will not be forcing people to buy 3D televisions. LOL

Back to movies...I agree that the 3D thing does not work for most movies, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be done at all. Every movie put out in 3D is also available in regular screens, so if you don't like 3D you don't have to watch the movie in 3D.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down   Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:53 am

I could see a cartoon or something like Jackass (haven't seen btw) as being fun in 3D, but I question any movie that wants to be considered as a serious dramatic performance if it's being shown in 3D. It's fine for the "oohs" and "aahhs" and giggles, but a doubt a serious film is going to be in 3D.
Back to top Go down
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
: : Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7555426
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down   Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:52 am

I saw Avatar in 3D as well as Alice in Wonderland, & while they tickled my fancy at the moment, I wouldn't buy a 3D tv or device that offered it. For me, it's expensive at the theater & the glasses made my brain ache after a while. I agree that it's a Hollywood ploy to make more money & a lot of followers will buy into it. It's just not something I am overly excited about.
Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down   Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Films in 3D, get my 3D thumb down
Page 1 of 1