TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages

The 83rd Oscars

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : The 83rd Oscars 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7570797
Registration date : 2008-07-28

The 83rd Oscars Empty
PostSubject: The 83rd Oscars   The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:18 pm

This is the all encompassing Oscar Thread, have at it people. Did you watch it, and if so, what were your thoughts?

Random, right off the top of my head; Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross winning an Academy Award for their score to the Social Network. I've yet to see that film, and honestly don't have an urge to see it, I know eventually I will but I'm not really looking to put even the effort into renting it off netflix. However Trent winning an award is a refreshing change, I figured Hans Zimmer as the guy who has dominated the film score field for the last 20 years, would take the award for Inception. The freshly suited Trent was visibly humbled and shocked by the experience, I guess he figured on losing to Zimmer as well. The Academy awarding an artist of his constant caliber, for his more subtle work, was great to see though.

For me, I think nearly every award went to the most deserving actor or film in their category, which usually doesn't work out that way. King's Speech, Colin Firth, Natalie Portman, Christian Bale; I feel all were the best of their lot. The Best Supporting Actress, I was really torn between Melissa Leo and Hailee Steinfeld, both of them were awesome in their films. However, Mila Kunis not being nominated for her role in Black Swan, is perhaps the only true outrage.

Toy Story 3 was the easy choice for Animated Film, so was Inception for Cinematography, and I'm especially glad Inside Job won for Documentary.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : The 83rd Oscars S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7579753
Registration date : 2008-07-24

The 83rd Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 83rd Oscars   The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:08 pm

I only watched parts of it because of Helena Bonham Carter. I loved getting to see her outfit and Tim Burton. Since I was in and out I was also watching Pearl Harbor on another channel. I thought the oscars were all right. I wasn't too impressed. I don't really watch the oscars or the music awards that much unless it is short glimpses because they have lost their charm to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : The 83rd Oscars Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7581927
Registration date : 2008-07-23

The 83rd Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 83rd Oscars   The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:43 pm

I saw it too, but was extremely irked by all the JC Penney ads, especially the one with the clueless bloggers. Trust me, real fashionistas don't shop at Penney's!

Anywho, I initially intended on only watching the red carpet pre-show just to see who was wearing what, but ended up watching the whole awards show. James Franco looked high and Anne Hathaway was just as bubbly as I thought she would be. Neither were were very funny, though.

I agree with Spooky about Mila Kunis not being nominated for best supporting actress. I thought she did a phenomenal job in Black Swan. I'm glad Colin Firth won for best actor. Also glad Natalie Portman has finally learned to act. She was fantastic in the Black Swan...though I think it was more the role than her acting that was so impressive.

As for the dresses: Jennifer Hudson has flap jack boobs...I think it was the dress. Penelope Cruz looked as if she borrowed a dress from her movie Blow. Finally, Gweneth Paltrow seems to always find the most boring dresses. Yawn!
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : The 83rd Oscars Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963
Registration date : 2008-07-22

The 83rd Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 83rd Oscars   The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Am I the only one who could have cared less?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : The 83rd Oscars Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7581927
Registration date : 2008-07-23

The 83rd Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 83rd Oscars   The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 11:07 pm

^^Nah. You're just a party pooper. tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The 83rd Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 83rd Oscars   The 83rd Oscars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 83rd Oscars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Movies & Media-
Jump to: