TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye

Go down 
+3
endless dark
Ginger_Snaps
Madelchai
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
: : Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye Bjevig
More Numbers : 7583692
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye Empty
PostSubject: Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye   Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 1:43 am

http://www.thinkatheist.com/profiles/blogs/bill-nye-bood-in-texas-for

Quote :
"Bill Nye, the harmless children's edu-tainer known as "The Science Guy," managed to offend a select group of adults in Waco, Texas at a presentation, when he suggested that the moon does not emit light, but instead reflects the light of the sun."
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 7584902
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye   Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 3:33 am

That's nothing compared to Tennessee passing a law saying that science teachers must also teach creationism.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7681885
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye   Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 9:49 am

Madelchai wrote:
http://www.thinkatheist.com/profiles/blogs/bill-nye-bood-in-texas-for

Quote :
"Bill Nye, the harmless children's edu-tainer known as "The Science Guy," managed to offend a select group of adults in Waco, Texas at a presentation, when he suggested that the moon does not emit light, but instead reflects the light of the sun."
No way, people in Texas... wait, people in WACO texas were offended by common knowledge? thats so shocking and unexpected from texas or the south in general. These people should just go to fat ho get a burger and chill for a few minutes... Then again they'd probably end up at the other place around the corner, she doesn't seem to understand levity.

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
That's nothing compared to Tennessee passing a law saying that science teachers must also teach creationism.
Thats really not that bad, creationism is just as misunderstood as darwinism. For example on some sticky's. Darwinism doesn't say "we came from apes" as a lot claim but it does say "we evolved from an apre LIKE creature" and Creationism doesn't say "god did it" but it does say "random chaose left alone to accidently make mutations doesn't explain the vast variety of life on earth something must be guiding"...

I tend to believe both and look no farther than the human being in and of our self as proof of both. From conception to birth we view an exceptionaly fast version or evolution as cells divide and a body and organs form. But at the same time something intelegent is guiding this and it isn't simply random chaos, be it genes or dna or whatever is the driving force it has the blueprints to what its forming in it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
: : Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7559365
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye   Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 2:36 pm

His name is Bill Nye "The Science Guy." What were these adults doing at this presentation if they knew he was going to speak in terms of science, but not specifically religious science? He even put in a point from the bible & the people still thought he was scoffing "God." Did they go because they thought he was going to be like he was on his show & talk in easy terms about how things are made & how the Earth works? I'm just confused at what these adults thought they were going to see/hear when they arrived.
Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic

PostSubject: Re: Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye   Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:02 pm

I got this from the comments section... original article here.... apparently they went there to hear about global warming, exploration of mars, and energy consumption... And the religious crazies came why?
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 7584902
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye   Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 7:01 pm

endless dark wrote:
Ginger_Snaps wrote:
Thats really not that bad, creationism is just as misunderstood as darwinism. For example on some sticky's. Darwinism doesn't say "we came from apes" as a lot claim but it does say "we evolved from an apre LIKE creature" and Creationism doesn't say "god did it" but it does say "random chaose left alone to accidently make mutations doesn't explain the vast variety of life on earth something must be guiding"...

I tend to believe both and look no farther than the human being in and of our self as proof of both. From conception to birth we view an exceptionaly fast version or evolution as cells divide and a body and organs form. But at the same time something intelegent is guiding this and it isn't simply random chaos, be it genes or dna or whatever is the driving force it has the blueprints to what its forming in it...

The reason why creationism does not belong in a science classroom is because you can not apply the scientific method to it and you cannot observe it (evolution on the other hand can be observed). Creationism is also religious because it focuses on Christian creationism and not the myths from other religions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye 25883sk
More Numbers : 7413837
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye   Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 9:51 pm

With religion edging further and further into standard curriculum, and ensuing arguments because of people offended by science, I'm really starting to feel like I should have been born about half a generation back. I never thought I'd see all this, and it makes me feel old, as though I don't belong in this time at all.

I am never having kids. I can't bring them into this. More power to those who do have kids; it's looking like an uphill battle out there.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye   Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 9:54 pm

^^^ I wouldn't mind kids.... just not in America.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye 25883sk
More Numbers : 7413837
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye   Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 9:57 pm

^^ Good point, actually.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7585866
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye   Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:09 am

RedAngel wrote:
With religion edging further and further into standard curriculum, and ensuing arguments because of people offended by science, I'm really starting to feel like I should have been born about half a generation back. I never thought I'd see all this, and it makes me feel old, as though I don't belong in this time at all.

I am never having kids. I can't bring them into this. More power to those who do have kids; it's looking like an uphill battle out there.

Yup.
clap clap clap clap
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7574736
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye   Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:58 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
endless dark wrote:
Ginger_Snaps wrote:

The reason why creationism does not belong in a science classroom is because you can not apply the scientific method to it and you cannot observe it (evolution on the other hand can be observed). Creationism is also religious because it focuses on Christian creationism and not the myths from other religions.

Sadly people don't want to hear that, you know, truth. The idea of creation by design is based of nothing but speculation and hearsay, no factual evidence whatsoever. Very good point though, why don't we teach the Sumerian, Nordic, and Iroquoian creation myths in school then too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye   Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waco, TX vs. Bill Nye
Page 1 of 1