TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkDreamer
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
: : Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7512459
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas   Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:09 am

I've recently been trying to make my apartment a bit more attractive. However, I only have a small amount of money to spare, and cannot change any of the furniture (since I moved in after my roommates, the place was already furnished with their belongings...)

Thus far, here are some of the solutions I've come up with. I'd love to hear everyone's budget decorating ideas...

Since the apartment is a Victorian tenement, the types of solutions I could see is original tenants coming up with seem quite appropriate. As such, I keep old wine bottles with beautiful labels, and I pick wildflowers in a nearby vacant lot, and fill the bottles with lovely fresh bouquets several times per week. It's currently lilac season, so the whole apartment looks (and smells!) wonderful.

Small terracotta pots and herb seeds are both very cheap. That being said, small potted herbs can do wonders for making an otherwise cluttered and utilitarian kitchen have some sense of class and homeyness. Not to mention, there is nothing better than walking to your window and picking a handful of fresh basil sprinkle into your food.

Because the apartment is rather small, we have many rather unsightly cardboard boxes of items, as well as an air conditioner that we have no place for during the cooler months, just lying about. After being fed up with them, I took some fabric from my scrap bin and tossed it over these items. After arranging a few plants., lace shawls, and accent items on top of them, these items look more like tables than anything.

Everything looks better in soft lighting. Even my boyfriends terribly ugly bedroom looks half-decent when it's lit by a shaded lamp or candles. Candles are inexpensive, and many beautiful candle holders can be found at thrift shops for only a few dollars each. If you really want to create sunning ambiance, sweet-smelling flowers or incense, and soft music can make a place feel especially wonderful (great for guests, or even a quiet evening alone!)

If you have an ugly living room set that you can't replace, accent pillows can make a -huge- difference. After I tossed a few accent pillows I had made onto our horrid 70's-esq living room chairs, it made the room look twenty times better.

Don't hide pretty things in your cabinets. Having a lack of accent items, and a lack of money to buy any, I took my roommates fine china tea set out of its storage box and set it on some open shelves. I placed my own small stoneware tea set a few shelves down, and it's been quite a lovely setup.

Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7578440
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas   Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 2:41 am

With my place it looked too empty after my roommates left. I found after putting up three posters and taking some of the decorations I had in my room and putting them out in the living space made things look better. I try to find little accent pieces that are on sale or at thrift shops. I find the smallest changes make big differences.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
: : Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7554113
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas   Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:24 pm

I love to have spaces in my place filled, so I accumulated many posters & also put up my canvases of art pieces I've done. I've also received framed art works from friends & my bf so those are also on display. For a fun Victorian-esque idea, I've seen metal wall sconces/candle holders in various places that are cheap-thrift stores, antique stores, etc. Maybe peruse an antique shop & find cool vintage photos/post cards & maybe make framed collages? If you're feeling really ambitious, you could make shelves out of old books, which can be found extremely cheap at thrift stores/garage sales. That would be a cool personalized accent. Or take old cds and hang them shiney-side-up on the wall for a mirror effect. When I get my own place again I want to try the book shelf & cd idea. Hope your decorating goes well!
Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas   Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inexpensive Interior Decorating Ideas
Page 1 of 1