TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Reflections of Alexander McQueen

Go down 
    4 posters
    AuthorMessage
    ravengrim
    ravengrim

Virgo Rat
    Number of posts : 7192
    : : The Fallen Angel
    : : Reflections of Alexander McQueen Evil10
    More Numbers : 7683317
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Reflections of Alexander McQueen Empty
    PostSubject: Reflections of Alexander McQueen   Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:18 pm

The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York is currently holding a retrospective of British fashion designer Alexander McQueen. The lines of people waiting to get in to see the exhibition, Savage Beauty, far exceeds those for any other the Met has hosted, with hundreds constantly on line, and waiting time running to 30 minutes on weekends. And although the McQueen exhibition is free (with cover donation into the Met itself) on any other day, in July the special Monday tours will go up from $25 to $50 per person - an extraordinary amount for a museum exhibit.

Such sustained excitement about a fashion designer might seem a little bizarre. Fashion floats across our horizon every day, especially in big cities like New York. But McQueen was more than fashion. And the Met has done everything to make this more than an exhibit. The rooms holding the retrospective have been outfitted to reflect McQueen's often extraordinary fashion shows: holograms, video installation, large, Gothic mirrors, black walls, and a wallpaper of sketch-like drawings of skulls, roses, and dolls. The effect is slightly eerie; rather like stepping into a painting by the recently deceased surrealist painter Leonora Carrington, or perhaps into a dark fairy tale.
    Back to top Go down
    La Diva Carlotta
    supernova
    La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
    Number of posts : 7864
    : : Reflections of Alexander McQueen Sdd7oz
    More Numbers : 7581927
    Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Reflections of Alexander McQueen   Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 11:14 am

^^My friend wants to go to this. Not sure I want to deal with the crowds.
    Back to top Go down
    SPF
    vip member
    SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
    : : Fashionista
    : : Reflections of Alexander McQueen 2j4964z
    More Numbers : 7566162
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Reflections of Alexander McQueen   Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 4:15 pm

If I lived in NY I would go. I really like his work. Like Diva said, I dont like large crowds so im not sure if I would be able to appreciate the show. If there are too many people you might not see anything!
    Back to top Go down
    helen damnation
    helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
    : : Satan's cheerleader
    : : Reflections of Alexander McQueen 2hreirs
    More Numbers : 7674626

PostSubject: Re: Reflections of Alexander McQueen   Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:48 pm

I'd rather see a Banksy exhibition Smile
    Back to top Go down
    La Diva Carlotta
    supernova
    La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: Reflections of Alexander McQueen   Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:23 pm

^^I hear that! LOL
    Back to top Go down
    ravengrim
    ravengrim

Virgo Rat
    Number of posts : 7192
    : : The Fallen Angel
    : : Reflections of Alexander McQueen Evil10
    More Numbers : 7683317

PostSubject: Re: Reflections of Alexander McQueen   Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Back to top Go down
    La Diva Carlotta
    supernova
    La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: Reflections of Alexander McQueen   Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 11:05 pm

^^Neat! This is great! I saw the exhibit in person a few weeks back but was disappointed that they wouldn't allow photographs. Also the exhibit was so crowded it was hard to enjoy the damn thing. I'm glad someone was able to take pics and post them online - it makes the exhibit accessible.

The Met museum does have pictures of some of the pieces on their website with some notes.

Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reflections of Alexander McQueen   Reflections of Alexander McQueen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1