TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side Evil10
More Numbers : 7683317
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side Empty
PostSubject: Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side   Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:27 am

http://www.allentownartmuseum.org/exhibition/gothic-goth-embracing-dark-side

Gothic to Goth offers an overview of the nineteenth-century cult of mourning in American art and fashion and indicates how that trend translated into contemporary Goth fashion, a genre now embraced by mainstream couture as well as by the rock subculture of the twentieth century. Included in the exhibition are representative examples of mourning art such as needle pictures, paintings, and post-mortem daguerreotype portraits; mourning jewelry and other accessories; two late Victorian mourning outfits; and examples of contemporary Goth fashion inspired by the mourning excesses of the earlier century. Objects from the museum’s own collections are supplemented by loans from the Everhart Museum, Burns Archive, Lackawanna Historical Society, Sigal Museum, Drexel Historic Costume Collection, the designer Kambriel, Heavy Red Couture Noir and custom jewelry designer and manufacturer Atelier Gothique
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7581927
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side   Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:35 am

That looks like a really interesting exhibit. Allentown is about 2 hours away from me, I should make an effort to go.
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side Evil10
More Numbers : 7683317
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side   Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 2:21 am

La Diva Carlotta wrote:
That looks like a really interesting exhibit. Allentown is about 2 hours away from me, I should make an effort to go.

Well this might be closer for you

http://kambriel.livejournal.com/325254.html

A fashion show we're doing on the afternoon of April 29th as part of the finale for the first ever
NYC 19th Century Extravaganza!

"The Extravaganza is a three-day, all-ages expo featuring historically-focused classes, hands-on experiences, and performances highlighting nineteenth-century life in New York City. The festival culminates in a full-day of Victorian-style picnicking, performances, and celebration on the lawn of Brooklyn's Old Stone House Museum."

http://nyncs.wordpress.com/schedule-of-events/

Makes me wish I lived close enough to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side   Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gothic to Goth: Embracing the Dark Side
Page 1 of 1