TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages

Drawn-on Eyebrows help?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse
Number of posts : 114
: : Drawn-on Eyebrows help? Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7566957
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Drawn-on Eyebrows help? Empty
PostSubject: Drawn-on Eyebrows help?   Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:32 am

I'm considering either plucking or shaving my eyebrows off because I want the stylized drag-queen brows that I see so many makeup bloggers with. But I'm not sure which I should do? And how. I've got a steady hand so the actual drawing them on part shouldn't be difficult, but its which removal method that I'm a bit unsure about.

Some people have told me shaving them off is bad because the hair will grow back wonky, and others have told me the same thing about plucking. So which is better? (I figured this would be the best place to ask.)

I naturally have very thick, dark eyebrows, so just going over them with foundation or such isn't an option.

I've also been told to leave some hair so that if you don't have time to draw them in you won't have to go out eyebrow-less. But would that still work if I'm going for super stylized, Amanda Palmer type brows?

Any tips?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drawn-on Eyebrows help?   Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 6:09 am

I usually pluck. With shaving, you might get ingrown hairs when it starts to grow back. I've yet to have that problem with plucking. I find plucking to be the best. I tried waxing once. It never got all the hairs and always left sticky residue on my face.

Also, what do they mean by growing back wonky? They don't really grow back all at once if that's what they mean, but they will eventually grow back to normal.

Oh, and when having no eyebrows, you tend to start scheduling time to draw them on. Lazy days or days with limited time usually means something that is easy to draw and doesn't have to be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Drawn-on Eyebrows help?   Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 7:30 pm

Hey, thanks for the quick reply!
I guess I'll go with plucking, that seems to be the preferred method for most of the people I've asked.
And as convenient as waxing is you never do get the wax residue off! X__X
I meant wonky as in hairs growing in at odd angles, or much thicker. (Though I'm pretty sure the second one is an old wives tale.) Nothing a brow pencil and brush won't fix if I decide to grow them back in.
So it becomes part of the routine then. Thanks, I'll keep all this in mind. Now its just a matter of being brave. Its odd, I've made a ton of "wild" changes to my appearance over the years and have never cared what anyone thought, but this seems different, or scarier somehow.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Drawn-on Eyebrows help? Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Drawn-on Eyebrows help?   Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:35 pm

I've done it before for a couple of years but it was too much of a pain in the a$$ since I would get overly obsessive with the shape and whether or not they were even, making sure the arch wasn't too high, trying to make them look somewhat realistic by smudging them a little bit. To start, shave them off first then pluck them as they grow back, and examine the contours of your brow to be sure you aren't drawing the arch too close or too far from the center (if possible, try to line the arch with your pupil at a forward stare).

What I would best recommend is to keep a thinish line of real eyebrow hair and fill around it with pencil and brow shadow to get that drag queen look; in fact, a lot of queens use a glue stick to matte the hairs and cake makeup on it to look like they are shaved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Drawn-on Eyebrows help?   Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Yeah, I could definitely see myself getting obsessive over placement. I might just leave a bit at the inner corner and take the rest off. I've got a pretty steady hand for makeup too. I figure if I can get my cat-eye liner to match up, this shouldn't be too far off the mark.
I have heard of the gluestick method. I'd definitely go for it, but that would mean using foundation everyday. X__X I've gotten away without it so far.
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : Drawn-on Eyebrows help? S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7579753
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Drawn-on Eyebrows help?   Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:57 pm

I know this doesn't help, but personally I've found that I can't do that. I've been too tired and too lazy to do something as simple as eye liner or redying my hair. But I would say Ginger has a point when she says to not completely get rid of them at first and just build from there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak

PostSubject: Re: Drawn-on Eyebrows help?   Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Taking them all off at once does make you do the whole 'sink of swim' thing though. Also, in the beginning, it's going to be really hard to get them right. If you have an asymmetrical part, it might help hide one side when you're in a hurry.

There's also the shape of your face. I don't think anyone's face is 100% symmetrical. So, even if you're wanting one side to look exactly like the other, you may have to vary the size/length/height to get them to look similar. Having a little bit of difference between the two won't show up much and most people aren't going to look close enough to notice the difference. Here for instance, my brows aren't exact mirror images of each other but it works well enough.

Another thing, Amanda Palmer's eyebrows aren't always the same either if you're really wanting to imitate her. She just goes with the flow. There's pictures where she has two different designs- one per side (one two three). I did this every day that I didn't have to work. It helped in that I wasn't continually trying to make them the same and it let me show a little bit of my personality. I actually have an entire album on facebook of the different eyebrows that I designed just to see what I and other people might like once it was on my face. Try this. Just take an entire day/evening drawing and redrawing different things on your face to see what you like.
Back to top Go down
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Drawn-on Eyebrows help?   Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:44 pm

Thanks for the input here!

I know I'm a very lazy person, but I figure if I've kept up with redying hair this long, I'm probably ok for eyebrows.

And I think I may just do that, take a while to practice with different eyebrows. I love the two different designs thing too. Its part of the appeal, there's so much more you can do than just plain eyebrows.

Though, another thing I'm worried about is that my face is too round to pull this off. (I'm quite a bit heavier than when my avatar pic was taken.) Most of the people it looks good on seem to have an angled face, or are else very thin.
Back to top Go down
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Drawn-on Eyebrows help?   Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 9:06 pm

So I finally got rid of the eyebrows and redid them:

Drawn-on Eyebrows help? Apeyebrows

They turned out much better than I hoped, so thank you all for the advice!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drawn-on Eyebrows help?   Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:29 am

^^^Picture won't load for me :/
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : Drawn-on Eyebrows help? S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7579753
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Drawn-on Eyebrows help?   Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:07 pm

They look really good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Drawn-on Eyebrows help?   Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Huh, lets see if this works, I set it as a thumbnail instead:

Drawn-on Eyebrows help? Apeyebrows.th

And thanks! (to the person the link is working for! tongue)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drawn-on Eyebrows help?   Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 3:20 am

^^^Looks nice.

...also, I'm going to guess Manic Panic.
Back to top Go down
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Drawn-on Eyebrows help?   Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:28 am

Very Happy Thanks! And yep! Well, the blue is manic panic. The green and red (that you can't really see) is Punky Color, and there's some purple from Splat that you really can't see here either.

I had a bunch of half jars of dye left over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drawn-on Eyebrows help?   Drawn-on Eyebrows help? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drawn-on Eyebrows help?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Fashion, Beauty, & Make-up-
Jump to: