TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Stop the remake!

Go down 
+4
Morwenna
edgeeffect
helen damnation
endless dark
8 posters
AuthorMessage
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Stop the remake! Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7691076
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Stop the remake! Empty
PostSubject: Stop the remake!   Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 2:56 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com

Stop the remake! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remake!   Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 3:33 pm

^Thank you endless... I signed it twice. Wink
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Stop the remake! 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756

Stop the remake! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remake!   Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 5:24 pm

I signed it too - something has to stop these people from destroying good films!
Back to top Go down
edgeeffect
edgeeffect

Aries Horse
Number of posts : 150
: : Stop the remake! Th_sta10
More Numbers : 7558945
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Stop the remake! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remake!   Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:24 pm

I doubt it will do any good, but I still signed it.

We've got this thing going in the UK where you can set up online petitions that go straight to the Prime Minister. There's been at least two now about reclassifying crimes of violence against various sub-cultures in our government's new "hate crime" laws. And my girlfriend has been involved in a couple about changing our new draconian anti-smoking laws. But all you ever get back from the PM is a short note that basically says "thanks for trying but we don't care."

My point being that if a government don't give a damn about petitions voicing the opinions of the people that elect them, then there's no way a petition is going to stop a media company's dreams of making lots and lots and lots of money at the expense of "some old film" however much loved by "a small clique of fans".

But still... sign it, sign it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.edge-effect.co.uk
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
: : Stop the remake! 25a7xqo
More Numbers : 7589426
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Stop the remake! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remake!   Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:28 pm

Even if there is no way to stop them, you don't have to watch it....
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Stop the remake! Bjevig
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Stop the remake! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remake!   Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 7:41 pm

signed
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Stop the remake! 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7583927
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Stop the remake! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remake!   Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:40 pm

I signed it, and wrote this little ditty with it.

In a media-laden world desperate for a means to communicate and entertain by all costs, too often a lack of originality causes things to be redone. This has caused so many movies that stood proudly on their own merit, to be remade into glossily commercialized failures; tarnishing the craftsmanship of the original. The Rocky Horror Picture Show is beloved for what it was, and for what it was never meant to be. Why oh why, must MTV take all that I care for and make a mockery out of it? Instead of investing in the ultimate butchery of a cult-classic, perhaps MTV could attempt to play more diverse music (or full videos for that matter), and less scripted 'reality' tv.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
*Morbid Doll*
*Morbid Doll*

Sagittarius Cat
Number of posts : 876
: : Stop the remake! I3dkrb
More Numbers : 7585223
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Stop the remake! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remake!   Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:56 pm

Signed!!! Mad
Back to top Go down

Stop the remake! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remake!   Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:42 am

sad or frown
More than likely this movie will still be made and just as likely many people will flock to see it. A small fraction oblivious to the awesomeness of the original (or that this is even a remake), a fraction who support the remake, a fraction who already have their mind made up and are against this movie but can't shake the feeling that "it might be... okay", a fraction who prefer to be educated at just how bad this movie is so they can go to friends/family/co-workers/forums and have legit complaints (versus someone who is complaining without even seeing the remake - which there is nothing wrong with that, but your argument isn't as strong as someone supporting the original and who "tolerated" even a few seconds/minutes of the remake).

As you can tell, there's a lot of fractions that add up to... profit.
I'll seriously be surprised it'll be enough profit from the theater release to cover production... over years, home theater (dvd?) releases, and merchandising they MIGHT make bank or even "some" profit (though not the average profit margin for a successful movie if I had to guess.)

So... while I'm not signing the petition, I will fight it my own way.
SUPPORT PIRACY OF IDIOT AMERICA! WATCH THE REMAKE ON SURFTHECHANNEL.COM (or some other streaming video site) THEN B!TCH ABOUT IT!

And they say Piracy is a bad thing?
It's just another form of protest.
naughty
After what WB did to the release of the new Harry Potter movie (that was completed in time for the scheduled release next month) they're not getting a cent off me - I will be watching it online in protest. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : Stop the remake! S1rl90
More Numbers : 7582917

Stop the remake! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remake!   Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 4:15 pm

RavenwindX wrote:
sad or frown
More than likely this movie will still be made and just as likely many people will flock to see it. A small fraction oblivious to the awesomeness of the original (or that this is even a remake), a fraction who support the remake, a fraction who already have their mind made up and are against this movie but can't shake the feeling that "it might be... okay", a fraction who prefer to be educated at just how bad this movie is so they can go to friends/family/co-workers/forums and have legit complaints (versus someone who is complaining without even seeing the remake - which there is nothing wrong with that, but your argument isn't as strong as someone supporting the original and who "tolerated" even a few seconds/minutes of the remake).

What about the fraction who hasn't watched the original film and doesn't care about the remake?
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Stop the remake! 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756

Stop the remake! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remake!   Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:20 pm

I suppose it's up to the individual to make that decision. I grew up with the original because I'm a really old bugger but it was part of my youthful years. I hate remakes of most films (the Wicker Man one made me want to throw up)
Back to top Go down

Stop the remake! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remake!   Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:21 pm

Maxmordon wrote:

What about the fraction who hasn't watched the original film and doesn't care about the remake?

Didn't mention them because, more than likely, they wont see the remake either. Therefore they wouldn't be contributing to the profits being made.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : Stop the remake! S1rl90
More Numbers : 7582917

Stop the remake! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remake!   Stop the remake! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:49 pm

RavenwindX wrote:
Maxmordon wrote:

Didn't mention them because, more than likely, they wont see the remake either. Therefore they wouldn't be contributing to the profits being made.

Good, just to be sure...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stop the remake! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remake!   Stop the remake! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stop the remake!
Page 1 of 1