TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..!

Go down 
+5
Synth
Dark Gentleman
Ginger_Snaps
endless dark
Vampira132
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7672840
Registration date : 2008-07-21

T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! Empty
PostSubject: T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..!   T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:45 am

I wanted to buy this Disturbed t-shirt for the concert in October....

T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! 5801334x

The problem with it, is that it doesn’t come in a Skinny Tee. I hate wearing guys t-shirts like this, id live to show my curves and my cleavage, so I was thinking about modifying it. But need some ideas....

I was thinking about doing a corset design on the back, attaching some d-rings etc. But im not sure what to do about the front, I hate to cover up my entire chest - so what can you lovely people recommend for me??

Any help appreciated..!
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7680572

PostSubject: Re: T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..!   T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:36 am

ok first I have to tell you that a Disturbed show is going to be rough as hell so be ready for it, you seemed to be cought unaware at the Serj show so a heads up for this one is a good idea

Also I'm no good at the DIY things so I just youtube searched this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtEoqwS5urc
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..!   T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:32 am

Oh god I know Endless, ive watched some live youtbue shows of them. Gona wear some scruffy clothes and kick ass boots so no one can stand on my feet. Told my sister-in-law about it as well, so I think were both ready for the crowd.

I dont want to cut the t-shirt because its costing me £11.99. I just want to make adjustments at the front. But thanx for looking for me!
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! Bjevig
More Numbers : 7583589
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..!   T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:47 am

Isn't it somewhat taboo to wear the band tee shirt to the concert? But either way, you can sew it in on the inside to help give it some shape. What you can do is to turn the shirt inside out and pin in the new seams (don't forget to add the sleeve or else it will look really weird).
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..!   T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:51 am

I know its taboo but plenty of people still do it regardless. I just like the t-shirt looks kool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..!   T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:36 pm

If you buy a row of grometted tape (looks like this---> http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_430xN.20629118.jpg ) it will help A LOT with trying to corset-up the back. Just sew two lines of it, feed the ribbon through-- done. I do it to a lot of my shirts.

As far as the front goes though... humm.. that is tricker. The "Disturbed" word is only an inch or so from the collar, so removing the collar and hemming isn't really an option. I think you may be out of luck on that one... Embarassed

Corsetting the back/sides is a GREAT idea though-- it will add definition and spice it up a bit. Wink

(And have a BLAST!!! headbang)
Back to top Go down
Dark Gentleman
Dark Gentleman

Pisces Pig
Number of posts : 394
: : T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! 2vwy0zq
More Numbers : 7570814
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..!   T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:42 pm

I was about to suggest that. Looks like Akasha beat me to it, clap smart girl.

Now, to slim the shirt up a bit, you could perhaps wash it in hot water a few times to "shrink it a bit", or sew a few darts on the sides.
Back to top Go down
Synth
Synth

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 578
: : T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7578848
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..!   T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:35 pm

Where are you seeing disturbed cause I am off to the london gig!
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..!   T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:38 pm

Im going to the Manchester Apollo one on 6th Oct. Really looking forward to it.

With the corset thing, I've already got attachable d-ring thingies just need a good sewing machine.
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger
Number of posts : 5158
: : The Pumpkin Queen
: : T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7580313
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..!   T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 5:00 pm

I went to go see then when they were here. You won't be disappointed Vampira. Yes, don't wear your best or most expensive clothing. The crowd is very rowdy and we don't want you to ruin your best clothes. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7677252

PostSubject: Re: T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..!   T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 5:35 pm

endless dark wrote:
ok first I have to tell you that a Disturbed show is going to be rough as hell so be ready for it, you seemed to be cought unaware at the Serj show so a heads up for this one is a good idea

Also I'm no good at the DIY things so I just youtube searched this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtEoqwS5urc

Just watch yourself if you're going down the front bud. I got my stomach badly kicked at a Damned gig - it looked horrendous and hurt like Hell! I hasten to add that the lovely bassist Stu offered to kick the perpetrator to death for me but I took the law into my own hands and smacked him across the face with my riding crop. I'd love to see how he explained that mark to his partner when he got home!
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! Evil10
More Numbers : 7685943

PostSubject: Re: T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..!   T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:04 pm

I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Be careful out there.This is what I did to one of my old Sanhain shirts.I'm not sure if it's your style but all the instrutctions are there and it's accually pretty easy to do.
Back to top Go down
beautyindecay
beautyindecay

Number of posts : 125
More Numbers : 7561611
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..!   T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 2:47 pm

Turn the top inside out, pull the fabric a bit at the sides and safety pin them down.

No sew!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/sarahhdz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..!   T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T-shirt Modification Help/Ideas..!
Page 1 of 1