TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Natural Alternatives

Go down 
+3
GhostRed
Succubus
Synth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Synth
Synth

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 578
: : Natural Alternatives S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7589352
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Natural Alternatives Empty
PostSubject: Natural Alternatives   Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:24 am

I am sick of pumping my body with yuck so I am trying to use more natural products for my body and food if people have tips or ideas to share on this subject for example

Honey and sugar, equal parts makes a fabulos body scrub mix it up as you go so you don't end up with too much! and just apply to wet skin, scrub and then wash off.

http://www.amazingoliveoil.com/olive-oil-for-frizzy-hair.html

Synth

xxx
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
: : Natural Alternatives 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7540492
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Natural Alternatives   Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:29 am

I don't do any chemical dyes at all in my diet. I have found a great resource for sugar though and its a lot healthier then sugar and artificial sugars and that is Stevia its kind of $$ but in the long run its all natural and it has no calories within it. I have found that one 50 pack box lasts quite a while.
Back to top Go down
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 445
: : Natural Alternatives Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7589348
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Natural Alternatives   Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 2:38 pm

Oh yes, olive oil is wonderful! So is coconut oil---I LOVE that stuff. Raw coconut oil (make sure its RAW). I take a spoonful of it a day and lose weight! I also put it on my skin as a wonderful moisturizer and it makes a delightful lubricant... naughty

And yes, stevia is wonderful. So is Zero by Wholesome Sweeteners and agave nectar, as far as sweeteners go.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Natural Alternatives 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Natural Alternatives   Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:26 pm

Olive oil is marvellous - just warm it up slightly and you're good to go.

Porridge is also great for really dry skin. You stick some oats into a bag or an old sock and then tie it under the tap whilst you're running a bath Wink

I can't recommend garlic too much for its antiseptic qualities
Back to top Go down
DarkDreamer
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
: : Natural Alternatives 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7526902
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Natural Alternatives   Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 4:30 pm

Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon with just enough water to form a paste. This works as an amazing toothpaste!

If you have a wound, dab tea tree oil on it two to three times per day, and it will disinfect it. It also works well for drying out acne.

Drink a lot of water- at least 3 liters per day, if not more. It helps to keep skin clear!

I haven't tried this yet- I still have to finish off my stash of shampoo. But, I've heard that if you make a paste of baking soda and water, scrub it into your scalp, then pour cider vinegar over it,it works excellently as an alternative to shampoo!

If you're dying your hair either a reddish colour or blue-black, consider using henna dyes. They're not harsh at all, and actually condition your hair quite nicely. The effects can last for more than a month. I know that Lush carries such dyes, but would could probably find less expensive recipes for henna dyes online.

Lately I've been trying to use more natural products for cleaning as well. Unfortunately I live with roommates who think that my way of cleaning is 'weird', so they still use the harsh chemicals I'm trying to avoid... however, I still use more natural ways of cleaning. I believe that avoiding unnatural chemicals and products with scary warning labels is good for one's health. If you read the warning labels on some products, it can be very worrisome! One of the oder eliminating sprays that my roommates uses says that you shouldn't spray it around small animals, like mice and birds, because it could kill them! With effects like that, how safe could this product really be for humans?

But that rant aside, here are a few or my cleaning tips.

To Clean Drains- Make a paste of either baking soda and water or baking soda and lemon juice. Smear it into the drain, then pour about a cup of white vinegar over it. Cover and let sit for a half hour. Do this once a week, and your drains won't get clogged!

To Clean and Disinfect Countertops- Mix white vinegar with water (I believe you need 1/8 cup of vinegar for every cup of water), spray your countertop with it, and wipe it off!

To Clean Toilets- Scurb the toilet with baking soda, then add vinegar to the mix. Let it sit for a half hour.

To Soften Fabrics- Put 1/3 cup of vinegar in the washing machine during the rinse cycle.

To Get Rid of Icky Smells- Fill diffusers with essential oils, and place around smelly areas (the garbage can, dirty laundry bins, etc.) For a spray version of this, mix sweet almond oil with a little bit of essential oil, put it in a spray bottle, and spray it like you would spray a commercial oder eliminator.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Natural Alternatives Bjevig
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Natural Alternatives   Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 6:20 pm

I use white vinegar all the time for cleaning. It is a great disinfectant and a wonderful multi-purpose cleaner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : Natural Alternatives 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7579292
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Natural Alternatives   Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 7:14 pm

This website has some cool homemade beauty recipes.. I have tried a few out before and I really like the product I made

http://www.makeup-care.info/beauty/homemade-beauty-recipes/index.htm

I like this one too

http://www.mybeautyrecipes.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Natural Alternatives   Natural Alternatives I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Natural Alternatives
Page 1 of 1