TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Cyber: The Dark Future fashion.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Gentleman
Dark Gentleman

Pisces Pig
Number of posts : 394
: : Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. 2vwy0zq
More Numbers : 7581318
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. Empty
PostSubject: Cyber: The Dark Future fashion.   Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:13 am

Ok, Everyone here knows that I have done a number of CyberGoth outfits, including the cyberfalls.

So I thought having a thread about the Cyber look that perhaps people here have questions or thoughts about the Cyberlox falls, goggles, the electronic printed shirts+pants, and of course "THE MUSIC"! I would be very delighted to help out and share some insights.

(I like to thank Akasha for inspiring me to opening this thread, she ROCKS!! headbang lol.).
Back to top Go down
beautyindecay
beautyindecay

Number of posts : 125
More Numbers : 7572115
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Cyber: The Dark Future fashion.   Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:47 am

Do you know how to make the circuit board print on clothes? Or the cyberlox foam?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/sarahhdz
Dark Gentleman
Dark Gentleman

Pisces Pig

PostSubject: Re: Cyber: The Dark Future fashion.   Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 2:50 am

beautyindecay wrote:
Do you know how to make the circuit board print on clothes? Or the cyberlox foam?

On clothes, try this:

-Using a stencil sheet (plastic kind) and cutting out circuits, it's tricky but it's easier if the x-acto knife is really sharp. Have some pics of circuits nearby while doing this.
-Then using a spray-on adhasive on one side of the stencil and applying to the clothing (cotton recommmened).
-Paint on fabric paint using a sponge dobber or Airbrush it on.
-Allow it to dry for a few minutes, then peel off the stencil.
-If the garment is made of cotton, then use a iron to heat-set the paint according to the fabric paint's instructions.

I recommend Createx paints (made for airbrushing on fabrics). Best stuff.

I have thought of doing silk-screening again, but it's kinda messy and too much cleaning afterwards.

If you can sew, there is a "Circuit board" printed fabric available at this link:
http://www.jandofabrics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=men00018
AND you can dye it to any other color and still have the circuits showing.

On Cyberlox foam (my favorite part):

One method:
-On a sheet of foam, use fine-tipped markers (neons or Silver looks awesome) and draw on the circuits (have some pictures of circuits or circuit boards near by to copy).
-Using a x-acto knife, cut the strips about 1 inch wide (a metal ruler or quilter's ruler works great to keep straight edges).

Second method:
-Cut out the strips and then draw on the circuits

Third Method:
-Using the circuit board stencil (mentioned above), lightly apply the spray-on adhasive and press gently onto the foam sheet.
-Use Craft spray paint and spray lightly in side to side strokes and not too close or it will show runs.
-Allow to dry for a few minutes, peel off stencil, let dry for an hour at least.
-Cut foam in strips.

Now ready to use for fall making! exited

Last edited by Dark Gentleman on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Gentleman
Dark Gentleman

Pisces Pig

PostSubject: Re: Cyber: The Dark Future fashion.   Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 3:16 am

Better yet, for Cyber or Steampunk Falls, here's a gearhead design stencil:

http://www.iwatamedea.com/products/artool/img/fraser/kfx2_gear_large.gif

I have this and it works great.

It cost about $25 and is reusable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cyber: The Dark Future fashion.   Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:56 pm

Dark Gentleman wrote:
(I like to thank Akasha for inspiring me to opening this thread, she ROCKS!! headbang lol.).

scream DITTO! Very Happy

Even though I am sure DG has greater experience on this topic, I know a thing or two, too... Very Happy So I'll help too if I can~!
Back to top Go down
Dark Gentleman
Dark Gentleman

Pisces Pig

PostSubject: Re: Cyber: The Dark Future fashion.   Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:01 am

I can see this being a sticky thread later on, lol.

I'm still waiting for my crin to arrive this week for my Halloween costume too.

However, on Oct 17, my friends and I are sending in our orders for the Cyberlox making party. exited Now we have about 8 people that want to be in it. I can see that I'll be posting up some interesting pics in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyber: The Dark Future fashion.   Cyber:  The Dark Future fashion. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cyber: The Dark Future fashion.
Page 1 of 1