TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

That Time of the Week

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

That Time of the Week Empty
PostSubject: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:13 pm

Yup, it's THAT time of the week again: Monday.
Dreaded Monday.
For those of you in the states, you may be enjoying this Monday off. Another lame holiday that serves no real purpose and only a handful of us get to enjoy. Banks, Post Office, etc. are closed - yet... college & work-study jobs are open. I loath all you who had today off. tongue
Nice dark, cool rainy day and I'm stuck getting paid to do nothing (or rather,getting paid to play Final Fantasy XI, check Facebook, and scour this forum.)

Other than that... Monday, a week of beginnings. Back to work after a short weekend, though I hope y'all found it to be relaxing at least, and so on & so forth.
At least television-wise it starts over again as well...
Monday: Heroes
Tuesday: House
Thursday: Supernatural & Smallville
Friday: Stargate Atlantis

The high points of my week. Laughing

So what's everyone up to?
Any good television programming you're looking forward to this week?
New movie releases?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:22 pm

Well we all know what I look forward to each week....

(dum) (dum) (dum)

heart hail That Time of the Week N7291524049_1399245_7013 hail heart

MY BOYS!

grin

Kinda playing with seeing Quarantine.... but I'm so jaded. Nothing scares me anymore.... I'm MUCH more spooked by the "real life story" films... (An American Haunting, The Exorcist, et cetera...) That Time of the Week BPDTKingandITitle

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:28 pm

Dean - the other white meat?
bite

Haha, yeah... of all the shows I watch... oi, it's a tough call putting them in preferred watching order.
1) Supernatural
2) House
3) Stargate Atlantis
4) Smallville
5) Heroes

I think... and that's just based on where everything ended up last week, current story progression, etc.
Thankfully, Thursday is closer now than it was last Friday morning...
Laughing

Probably going to add some new shows to my watching queue. Just looking for decent quality of True Blood from episode one onward... might try getting into Lost... and hopefully the new Scrubs will be premiering sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:01 pm

^I'm watching True Blood myself.... not really crazy about it, honestly. It's what you'd expect from HBO in terms of a Vampire show... Very Happy Enjoyable, funny... but definitely not to be analyzed as a purist.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : That Time of the Week Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7689061
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:06 pm

I had today off and I get paid for it tongue
It's Thanksgiving in Canada.

I look forward to today actually....One Tree Hill.
And L.A Ink when the new season starts...which I think is this week.
I like Smallville and Supernatural but I'm too far behind. They always changed the timeslots.
So now I'll just buy the box sets and enjoy them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Eh, at least y'all have cable.
I typically have to wait a minimum of 2-3 hours before the newest episode is uploaded. In some instances I have to wait an entire day. shock
Can't wait to see tonight's Heroes though... last week's episode ended on a high note that I'm looking forward to come down on. I love That Guy...

Smallville is doing okay. A tiny sliver of me is a bit confused due to forgetting everything that has happened in the last season but other than that... it's going great. They're to the point where Clark is cutting his ties with Smallville and more directly shaping him out to be Superman. I can see this ending potentially being the last and, if it is, they're going out at a steady pace - not sloppily rushed.
HOPING that Lex appears for at least one episode... or, if there is one more season of Smallville, he'll be in it for the Big Finale.
It's so hard to believe it's been going on for 8 years though...

Supernatural is also going out in style. The writers have definitely pulled out all the stops and is setting it the show to end on a bang. I'm hoping it'll last at least one more season, but honestly... it'd be hard to top everything that's going on this time around. I just hope Thursday's episode isn't as slow & boring as last week's episode - granted, it was necessary to catch Sam and the universe up to speed... but from the viewer's perspective it was sluggish compared to the first three episodes of the new season.

House is doing great. While I miss Wilson, his "replacement" for House is quite enjoyable. He doesn't "balance" House out like Wilson (at least not completely) and, in a sense, seems like he's actually having some positive influence on his own life from House. The show is still packed full of smarmy humor and the team has the perfect balance between their personality traits. Plus it's awesome to see Kumar on there each week. Very Happy
I wouldn't mind more development for 13 though... and I miss Cameron. Cuddy's development is coming along decently but I find her annoying at this point... it feels like they're forcing more screen time on her than necessary; should off shoot it with some more appearances by Cameron & Chase.
Very Happy

Never really got into L.A. Ink - not because I don't want to just... can't find the episodes and always forget to check SurfTheChannel. More than likely this will be a show I see on dvd box set... looked good though.
Also need to get caught up on MythBusters (by caught up I mean watch the first episode and move forward from there Laughing) and Ghost Hunters (Ghost Facers... lmao...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:16 pm

^Actually, I don't have cable~! I'm on a DVD-pass around on another forum (Vampsisters).... one gal tapes it, burns it... passes it around via snail mail. So I have the eppies for TrueBlood on disc, but I need to pass them to the next girl when I'm done. bat

Ghost Facers.... LOL.... Kripke's worst idea EVER...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:21 pm

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
Ghost Facers.... LOL.... Kripke's worst idea EVER...

"You have to go be gay for that poor dead intern!"
Laughing
I dunno... I'd watch it...
Actually, no... if they ever do an episode like that again I... okay, I'll watch it cos I'm addicted but I wont be happy about it. Dean better be in it also.
Eh, it wasn't horrible... parodies are supposed to be stupid anyways. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : That Time of the Week S1rl90
More Numbers : 7582917
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:17 am

Monday: The L-Word, Cold Case
Tuesday: The Daily Show
Wednesday: Law & Order, The Big Bang Theory, Los Simuladores
Thursday: Law & Order: Criminal Intent, CSI NY, Pushing Daisies
Friday: Everybody Hates Chris, Till Death
Saturday: Aliens In America, Blood Ties, NCIS
Sunday: The Simpson, My Name Is Earl, Penn & Teller, The Office
Back to top Go down
lollirot
lollirot

Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 769
: : Horror Aficionado
More Numbers : 7589256
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 2:04 am

I really suck at watching television. I rarely ever watch it except for Wednesdays to watch America's Next Top Model (a guilty, GUILTY pleasure of mine) and even then, I miss it sometimes.

Keep hearing about all these wonderful shows on the telly, but they don't seem to interest me. I'm a movie gal, I suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 6:23 pm

^You're a Top Model whore, too? Very Happy woohoo

I'm just a complete sucker for all things snooty, pretentious and promising of at least one cat fight. whistle Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lollirot
lollirot

Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 769
: : Horror Aficionado
More Numbers : 7589256
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:14 pm

^^ YEEEEEEES!!! Label me team Elina!~ dance I think you pretty much summed up why I watch it. I also used to love Rock of Love till, you know, it ended.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:37 pm

Geez, I'm going to have to start watching this show...
Though, I gotta admit, I think I'd enjoy UK's Next Top Model slightly more.
meh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 5:19 pm

Yesterday's Supernatural kinda sucked.
The black & white thing was totally deserving for the theme but... it was much too corny... plus I'm sick of that type of "villain" - was sick of it the first time one appeared in Seattle.
Seven Deadly Sins had potential to be the second best (I miss Yellow Eyes) but they should have either spaced them out over several episodes or paired them up for three episodes and make Wrath the "big baddie" with an episode to himself (though I would have prefered Wrath to be a woman "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".)

Smallville, however, was AWESOME.
I nearly cried during the Louis-Clark moment...
Loved how it ended too.
Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 5:45 pm

^You are getting far too jaded as far as Supernatural is concerned. They aren't all going to be like "All Hell Breaks Loose" or "Lazarus Rising". Neutral

And it's tradition that they have a corny Halloween eppy. They do it every year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 5:48 pm

Yeah, but you'd think they'd do it on... oh... I don't know... the Thursday before Halloween?
It was a decent episode... but boring, in my opinion. I'm just not a fan of the shapeshifter episodes.
Was much better than last week's though.

And why can't they be as amazing as "All Hell Breaks Loose" or "Lazarus Rising" anyways? It's the last season... I should constantly be on my edge. lol

I want more Ghost Facers.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 5:53 pm

Oh H-E-double toothpicks NO! *snort* Ghost-Facers... Rolling Eyes

There are always going to be some slow points... for several purposes:

*plot development
*characterization
*nodding to the roots
*stalling for ideas (Kripke DOES surf the Supernatural official fanbases (I belong to a couple boards for these), and pulls ideas for the show based on what fans have indicated they would like to see). This is part of the reason Supernatural has such a cult fan base... they actually LISTEN to us for a change.

The slow parts are necessary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 5:57 pm

*shrugs*
I can get that... doesn't mean I have to enjoy every slow episode they have.
You should hook me up with these fan sites he frequents... I had no idea they actually listen to their fans unlike many shows. That's so awesome. Very Happy

You're going to kill me if I start a petition for more Ghost Facers, aren't you?
naughty

How can you not love moments like "You have to be gay for that poor dead intern?" Priceless.
Laughing

As far as corny goes...
Ghost Facers > Last Night's Episode
in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : That Time of the Week S1rl90
More Numbers : 7582917
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 6:14 pm

I never got the hang on Supernatural... they showed it pass my bedtime, so I missed the first two seasons and when I could watch it I was lost...

Almost the same motive I don't want Lost, didn't see the first season and when I tried to watch I didn't understood a thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That Time of the Week   That Time of the Week I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That Time of the Week
Page 1 of 1