TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic

Go down 
+5
GhostRed
Vampira132
MoonRaven
albinasamara
witchartist
9 posters
AuthorMessage
witchartist
witchartist

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 73
More Numbers : 7556319
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic Empty
PostSubject: Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:33 pm

Greetings!
I have an ethical question. I am a teacher in a very conservative area (three different schools actually) and therefore I have to dress "appropriately." I am older, too, which carries its own burden, but that's another issue altogether. My problem is, I would like to exhibit my Dark Side more, but can't and still keep my job. I wear a pentagram underneath my shirt and tie and carry several talismans that represent who I am as a Wiccan, but I'd like to represent my Dark Side and feel I can't very well. So, the only way I've found to express who I really am is through my artwork. The trouble is, is that enough? I'm bothered to think it isn't and need some advice. As I travel this path, especially since I want to rededicate myself to my Craft...especially my Shadow or Dark Side, I really need my mind put at some form of rest. Thank you for your help in advance Smile
Take care and enjoy your evening.
Dark and Sweet Blessings to one and all!
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Vermontvisualartists/
albinasamara
albinasamara

Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 338
: : Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic 2cf2wwg
More Numbers : 7589403
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:06 pm

Hi witchartist,

Have you looked at the Corporate Goth website?

www.waningmoon.com/corpgoth/

There are a lot of ways to express yourself, just be creative about it. My advice is to soo what kind of dress code you have to adhere to and study it and know it inside and out.

Also it might depend on what grades you teach. I would think it would be harder with Kindergarten and Middle School children. (I only make that comment b/c my stepmom is also a teacher and she has said Middle School is the most difficult to deal with, and Kinders might be too young to wear all black with)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/albinasamara
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7687748
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:11 pm

I wouldn't be much help.
I work at a Catholic High School and I'm supposed to dress appropriately also.
But I don't pay too much attention.
I wear black clothes, dark make-up and nails.
I wear pentacles and skulls and triquetras and gemstones openly.
My tattoos are not covered.
I have skull purses and bags.
No one has said a word to me meh

Did you want to do something more than wearing just black??
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7682031

PostSubject: Re: Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:26 pm

As I thrive for the Dark Side I have found some really interesting books that might be able to help you on enforcing your dark side.

Dark Archety
Out of the Shadows
Nocturnicon: Calling Dark Forces and Powers

And if you were ever interested there is always Luciferian Witchcraft by Michael Ford (a well known Luciferian).

Luciferian Witchcraft

Hope those can guide you in some way!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:54 pm

albinasamara wrote:
(I only make that comment b/c my stepmom is also a teacher and she has said Middle School is the most difficult to deal with, and Kinders might be too young to wear all black with)

I'm glad you brought up this issue Witchartist... I'll be dealing with the same issue before too long. sad or frown I want to be a Elementary teacher/certified Special Education teacher... and I've been thinking about this a lot. In my personal experience, my appearance usually is offsetting or startles younger kids at first... up until they are around me for ten minutes and decide I'm (and I'm quoting a little girl in my charge when I was counseling this summer), "the coooollleeessst teacher EVA". grin

I think the issue is less with the kids, and more with the administration/rest of the staff. It depends if you have another dark soul on board, or if you are in a less conservative area (a catch 22 for little Republican me... I'm damned either way I go).

Anywho, can't really offer much advice... but thank you for bringing this up!
Back to top Go down
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 445
: : Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7588035
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:20 pm

Sounds like you work for a college if you work for three different schools as most grade-schools are a full time position. Have you gotten definite answers from your admins about your dress? Usually art teachers get away with a lot more than other disciplines would!
Back to top Go down
shortpsycho
shortpsycho

Gemini Snake
Number of posts : 498
: : Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic Th_sta10
More Numbers : 7582697
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:53 pm

I work for a coporate company, and I have to wear a uniform tear but I learned that if i took baby steps they just think of it as normal when I walk into work with rainbows on my eyelids and in my hair. Same with skull earings and dark make-up... Baby steps..
Back to top Go down
http://weinridge.com
witchartist
witchartist

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:20 pm

Greetings!
Thanks ...a HUGE thanks... to all of you for the ideas and support. I work at 3 elementary schools so the lengths I can go with my appearance is limited, yet I can do some things that are obvious, but not over the edge...just getting feedback from all of you helped tremendously! GhostRed, your reminder about the fact I am an art teacher and can therefore get away with a little more Wink is right on the mark (DUH, why didn't I think of that!)
and Akasha, thanks...I forgot that the kids love something different and wouldn't necessarily be put off by what I might wear. I wear ties all the time so that might be one way I can express myself that wouldn't be out of character at all! Thanks, Vampira, for the book ideas, I can't wait to get to my local store and see what I can find. You've given me some great titles and some things to consider...must be why you're my Muse!
Anywho, thanks ALL OF YOU! for the help. I'll keep you posted on what happens...at least I can go crazy at Samhain/Halloween! Smile Love and Dark Blessings to all of you. Have a wonderful day Smile
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7686443

PostSubject: Re: Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:49 pm

shortpsycho wrote:
I work for a coporate company, and I have to wear a uniform tear but I learned that if i took baby steps they just think of it as normal when I walk into work with rainbows on my eyelids and in my hair. Same with skull earings and dark make-up... Baby steps..

And after you've been there forever baby steps turn into massive giant ones and you can get away with it. I must add that I do always put my suit jacket on when seeing clients but I have yet to offend anybody because they know I can do my job well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:55 pm

witchartist wrote:

and Akasha, thanks...I forgot that the kids love something different and wouldn't necessarily be put off by what I might wear. I wear ties all the time so that might be one way I can express myself that wouldn't be out of character at all! Thanks...

Of course~! You probably already know about this company, but just in case.... they can help you in your eccentric tie hunting...

http://cyberoptix.com/

bat
Back to top Go down
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Number of posts : 237
More Numbers : 7561648
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Take a close look at Mr. Rozz Williams here and you'll notice his tie. It looks child/conservative friendly:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_cvZRpnpzzaw/SHLIkWKqJEI/AAAAAAAACEY/UPx3Aap67GI/s1600-h/Rozz11.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/apocalypsenotquiteyet
witchartist
witchartist

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Ties   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:13 am

Apocalypse wrote:
Take a close look at Mr. Rozz Williams here and you'll notice his tie. It looks child/conservative friendly:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_cvZRpnpzzaw/SHLIkWKqJEI/AAAAAAAACEY/UPx3Aap67GI/s1600-h/Rozz11.jpg

It does! At first glance...and correct me if I'm wrong...it looks like Mickey Mouse!
Back to top Go down
witchartist
witchartist

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Tie site   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:14 am

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
witchartist wrote:

and Akasha, thanks...I forgot that the kids love something different and wouldn't necessarily be put off by what I might wear. I wear ties all the time so that might be one way I can express myself that wouldn't be out of character at all! Thanks...

Of course~! You probably already know about this company, but just in case.... they can help you in your eccentric tie hunting...

http://cyberoptix.com/

bat

I hadn't run across that site, but it is cool. They have some really nice, classy stuff. One I found is really cool, a Raven Smile Maybe for my birthday next week Smile Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
: : Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7539179
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:15 am

It is Mickey Mouse. Smile
Back to top Go down
witchartist
witchartist

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:17 am

Vampira132 wrote:
As I thrive for the Dark Side I have found some really interesting books that might be able to help you on enforcing your dark side.

Dark Archety
Out of the Shadows
Nocturnicon: Calling Dark Forces and Powers

And if you were ever interested there is always Luciferian Witchcraft by Michael Ford (a well known Luciferian).

Luciferian Witchcraft

Hope those can guide you in some way!

Greetings!
I stopped at my local Barnes and Noble, found one of the books you mentioned, but couldn't but it - not enough cash on hand. So, I will track it down tomorrow...I'm off to Maine for a few days of "de-stressing!" Thanks again and have a wonderful day!
Back to top Go down
witchartist
witchartist

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Web site   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:03 pm

albinasamara wrote:
Hi witchartist,

Have you looked at the Corporate Goth website?

www.waningmoon.com/corpgoth/

There are a lot of ways to express yourself, just be creative about it. My advice is to soo what kind of dress code you have to adhere to and study it and know it inside and out.

Also it might depend on what grades you teach. I would think it would be harder with Kindergarten and Middle School children. (I only make that comment b/c my stepmom is also a teacher and she has said Middle School is the most difficult to deal with, and Kinders might be too young to wear all black with)

I just had a free moment between working with kids and looked at the Corp Goth Website and it is cool, lots of great ideas! Thank you so much. I am actually wearing almost all black today...I took a chance Smile And I mean it about your portrait! LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:14 pm

^You are such a sweetheart Witchartist. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
witchartist
witchartist

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Portrait   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:28 am

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
^You are such a sweetheart Witchartist. Very Happy

Thanks hug I do mean it, I need an idea or a picture to work from! I did Vampira as a Banshee, hopefully she has a chance to post it here for me since I am still limited in my computer use...now I won't have one for another two weeks! ARGH! Anyway...you're next hehe.
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7682031

PostSubject: Re: Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 4:55 pm

[quote="witchartist"] I did Vampira as a Banshee, hopefully she has a chance to post it here for me since I am still limited in my computer use. [quote]

Damn Photobuckect isnt working for some reason, I shal try to post the artwork tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
witchartist
witchartist

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: You are too kind   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 5:28 pm

witchartist wrote:
I did Vampira as a Banshee, hopefully she has a chance to post it here for me since I am still limited in my computer use.

Vampira132 wrote:
Damn Photobuckect isnt working for some reason, I shal try to post the artwork tomorrow.

Thanks Vampira,
You are too kind to post my work for me. It looks like I'll be without a home computer for another two weeks or so. Please don't go out of your way to post stuff if you run into trouble, I don't want you to take all your free time taking care of me Embarassed blush You have been so nice to me, I feel kind of bad the Banshee turned out so scary! My next portrait will be more like you, I promise Smile Take care and thanks again for being so sweet. hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic   Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lifestyles of the Rich and Gothic
Page 1 of 1