TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Television Closure: Do you need it?

Go down 
+2
Spooky
endless dark
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Television Closure: Do you need it? Empty
PostSubject: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:49 am

The hosts for the 2008 "Queen of the Damned" Ball (and 2009 "Blood and Gold" Ball) post the following random blog:

Quote :
December 6, 2008 - Saturday

Once more, with feeling.

So, who's missing their Buffy right now? It seems to be a trend right now that folks are craving a Buffy reunion.

Anyone?

Do you need closure, beyond a comic book?

And I got to thinking... yes, closure for this show would be nice... though Angel needs it more so than Buffy.
Joss Whedon did a movie for his show "Firefly" which was... simply amazing... so why not for Angel and Buffy?

And what about all those other shows that just got canceled for whatever reason without a real ending? Shows that had an ongoing theme/story but got canceled and you're left wondering "what was supposed to happen next?" It's been done countless times and will continue to do so as soon as a show hits a slight slump the network big wigs will cut it.

So of all the shows past and "present" what would you like to see have "a few more episodes" or, at the very least, a movie to wrap things up for?

"Land of the Lost" is just one of many to come to mind... (70s and 90s version)
whistle
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Television Closure: Do you need it? Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7691076
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 2:10 am

Angel needs some kind of closure, I still remember how it ended and I've only seen the ending the first time it was shown... What the hell kind of ending was that!?! You don't even know if any of them survive or which side wins, you don't even get to see the dragon for crying out loud...

Buffy could use a little something too, I mean really, that ending was a little wide open too although not as much as angel... Give every girl in the world that ever could have had a chance to be the slayer the powers of the slayer, ok but now theres a bunch of super strong and confused girls because there are no watchers to guide them... seems to me a few of them might not do anything with that, a few might go super villan like faith, seems to me theres work right there and they did mention there being more than one "hell mouth" and we don't even know what happens to them when they leave so Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

For Buffy, the comics are doing a demi-decent job (at least to the point I read to before I got side tracked with Life, School, and Work...) but it's getting a bit "too crazy" with their limitless possibilities.
I think Angel could wrap everything up with a movie a la "Serenity" but Buffy's closure would best be done with a third/new series called "Slayers" or something... though gods pleasure don't use too much of the comic book plots for it - something entirely different that picks up shortly after where Buffy ended.

Will say this though... I was quite pleased to see Warren's return. naughty
Gotta love Wicked Willow's work...
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Television Closure: Do you need it? 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7583927
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:52 pm

The Comic has done a great job filling in gaps and carrying on the storylines. But I'd love to see a film to carry on the mythos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
velvet spider

Number of posts : 246
: : Television Closure: Do you need it? 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7408084
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:54 am

I would've enjoyed another season of Pushing Daisies. With a bolt of renewed creativity I think the quirky goings-on at the Pie Hole could've gone on a bit longer and continued being just as successful. spider
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Television Closure: Do you need it? Evil10
More Numbers : 7696447

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 3:33 pm

Oddly Enough........................................................................................................
Not exciting by any means and just a rumor at this point in time but,I guess it could be interesting if done right.
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Movie Could Be on the Way
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Television Closure: Do you need it? Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7689061

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 5:43 pm

Now that would be cool. As cheesy as that show was, I still loved it.
And Charmed grin I love Charmed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Television Closure: Do you need it? 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 6:34 pm

ravengrim wrote:
Oddly Enough........................................................................................................
Not exciting by any means and just a rumor at this point in time but,I guess it could be interesting if done right.
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Movie Could Be on the Way

I have to confess that I loved Buffy but they would have to get Spike just right otherwise I just wouldn't bother drool
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Television Closure: Do you need it? Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7689061

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 7:53 pm

Aww Spike. The things he did for Buffy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:49 am

Season Four Could Be Supernatural's Last!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

sad or frown
At least...
Quote :
Eric Kripke was indeed preparing a series ending climax that would wrap everything up.
...so Supernatural wont be one of these shows that just "end" and we're left wondering "what happens next..." but also...
Quote :
f there is a last minute pick-up, he does have a cliffhanger waiting in the wings that will be added at the last second.
it could go on...
Quote :
And that season five would for sure be the show's last.

Either way, if it ends this season or next... at least we'll have a proper ending and not one needing television closure. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 1:31 am

I never thought it'd happen...
I just never would have thought it...
Apparently one of my favorite shows a few years back is finally getting closure after being off air for nearly five years now.

Dead Like Me: Life After Death
Quote :
After the departure of Rube Sofer, a new head reaper named Cameron Kane takes over. He's a slick businessman who couldn't care less about helping the newly dead. Chaos ensues and brings out the worst in Daisy and Mason who begin drinking anew. George and Reggie re-connect for the first time when George reaps a new friend of Reggie's.

This appears to be a direct-to-dvd movie with a release date of February 17th, 2009 (seven days! woohoo!)
Also...

Quote :
If all goes well, Cohen sees more Dead Like Me movies, or perhaps even another television series. "If it’s a series of movies that’s fine. If someone saw it and thinks it makes sense to bring it back as an episodic tv series, we’re open to anything," he said.

I do wonder though what sparked this...
For starters, I wasn't aware "Dead Like Me" was popular enough to receive such attention warranting a means for "closure".
Secondly, this is the third show to do something like this. Coincidence?
"Serenity" was made for the series "Firefly". It was pretty awesome, in my opinion.
However, the biggest series to do this was when "Stargate SG1" was cancelled by SciFi - since then they've continued the series with two movies ("Stargate: The Ark of Truth" and "Stargate: Continuum") with a third on the way. Also, now that "Stargate: Atlantis" was cancelled at least one movie (with plans for more) is being made with a 2009 dvd release also.

Can we expect this trend to continue, especially with the addition of another television-to-movie release? I hope so.
Now would definitely be the best opportunity for Joss Whedon to get "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel" a movie opt. *fingers crossed*
But hopefully the train doesn't stop here or there...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Television Closure: Do you need it?   Television Closure: Do you need it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Television Closure: Do you need it?
Page 1 of 1