TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Where the meat don't hang out...

Go down 
    +16
    Emmature
    Succubus
    SPF
    DarkDreamer
    Symmentha
    Morwenna
    angelofthenight
    squeakychewtoy
    albinasamara
    MoonRaven
    cynfullov
    Madelchai
    RedAngel
    La Diva Carlotta
    GhostRed
    Synth
    20 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
    AuthorMessage
    RedAngel
    star member
    RedAngel

Leo Snake
    Number of posts : 5385
    : : Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 25883sk
    More Numbers : 7413837
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:40 pm

^^ Yeah, Morwenna, I don't tolerate lactose too well myself... that, and my myriad other stomach issues, are why I started cooking more of my own food instead of relying on a lot of prepared foods. As prepared foods go, though, I'm a fan of Amy's Soups and Moosewood Grill frozen dinners.

Hey Cynfullov -- I do kind of like some of the Purely Delicious flavors; possible you might like a different one? The Cookie Dough one is addictive, but I'd stay away from the Mint Chocolate Chip; gives me a stomachache. There's a brand with a similar label (prob. a sister company) called So Delicious. They have a flavor called Chocolate Velvet -- tastes just like chocolate cake!

http://www.sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/organic_soy_delicious_chocolate_velvet.html

Also, in college I remember having Rice Dream frozen-rice-milk cookie sandwiches. They were good, but higher in fat (if that matters).
    Back to top Go down
    http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
    cynfullov
    star member
    cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
    Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
    : : Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 2ajugar
    More Numbers : 7644822
    Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:47 pm

Thankyou for posting that for me! That's a really great site. I'll try to find some the next time I'm out. It looks so good! ALL of them look so good!

uhhh I wish I could have found some of this!

http://www.sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/purely_decadent_blueberry_cheesecake.html

excuse me faint
    Back to top Go down
    angelofthenight
    star member

Scorpio Tiger
    Number of posts : 5158
    : : The Pumpkin Queen
    : : Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 2j4964z
    More Numbers : 7581626
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:02 am

I have to remember not to read this thread when i'm really hungry. I really want that for dessert right now drool
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick
    MoonRaven
    MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
    Number of posts : 9359
    : : Geisha
    : : Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 Th_inl10
    More Numbers : 7679870
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:50 am

I'm pretty hungry myself now Neutral
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
    angelofthenight
    star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 3:15 pm

I have a pretty yummy dish for the pasta lover that I discovered by accident. If anyone loves alfredo, you can try substituting the alfredo with broccoli soup. It makes the perfect alfredo sauce and tastes delicious drool . My mom ran out of spaghetti sauce, so I decided to be bold and try pouring broccoli soup over my pasta and it's been a big hit with everyone in my family since. Thought i'd share the yumminess with you guys Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    RedAngel
    star member
    RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:08 pm

^^ Ooh, that sound good! That could definitely work. And hey, broccoli! Technically healthier than alfredo alone. grin
    Back to top Go down
    MoonRaven
    MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:31 pm

You know what? I never thought to try that. I might have to now.
    Back to top Go down
    Symmentha
    Symmentha

Aquarius Snake
    Number of posts : 141
    More Numbers : 7576074
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:11 am

Im a failure at being a vegetarian because I looooove Seafood. But I dont eat red meat at all, or even a whole lot of chicken. (I love nuggets, but I wont eat chicken if its still in 'muscle form'

LOVE sushi.
    Back to top Go down
    GhostRed
    GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
    Number of posts : 445
    : : Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 Th_cil10
    More Numbers : 7580157
    Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:16 am

angelofthenight wrote:
    I have a pretty yummy dish for the pasta lover that I discovered by accident. If anyone loves alfredo, you can try substituting the alfredo with broccoli soup. It makes the perfect alfredo sauce and tastes delicious drool . My mom ran out of spaghetti sauce, so I decided to be bold and try pouring broccoli soup over my pasta and it's been a big hit with everyone in my family since. Thought i'd share the yumminess with you guys Very Happy

Hey, how weird, I just did this the other day because I had no spaghetti sauce! You must have been sending me recipes via brainwaves or something. And it was tasty!!
    Back to top Go down
    MoonRaven
    MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:08 pm

I still eat fish but I stopped eating all the other stuff.
    One step at a time. I didn't want to give my body a total shock.
    But perhaps I'll give up the yummy fish too.
    Back to top Go down
    RedAngel
    star member
    RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:50 pm

Do what's right for you, Moon, definitely. I transitioned too; it gave me time to learn more about veg nutrition. Much as I wanted to, I couldn't live on french fries alone. Laughing
    Back to top Go down
    GhostRed
    GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
    Number of posts : 445
    : : Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 Th_cil10
    More Numbers : 7580157

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:30 pm

^^Exactly. People always come and tell me all the stories they read about vegans dying and being very sick. Vegan and raw vegan are the healthiest human diets out there--if you know what you're doing!
    Take it slow and learn everything you can so you don't like your life on Oreos and fries and make a bad name for us veggies! tongue
    Back to top Go down
    RedAngel
    star member
    RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:59 pm

Animals I would eat, if they weren't so incredible to look at:

http://aneasyrecipe.com/yummy/what-chefs-do-when-they-are-bored/
    Back to top Go down
    La Diva Carlotta
    supernova
    La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
    Number of posts : 7864
    : : Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 Sdd7oz
    More Numbers : 7585866

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:25 pm

^^Wow, that's pretty cool.

Anyone have a good recipe for vegetable lasagna? I used to have it all the time in the school cafeteria when I was in college years ago...have not had a decent veggie lasagna since. sad or frown
    Back to top Go down
    Synth
    Synth

Aquarius Horse
    Number of posts : 578
    : : Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 S3mrtd
    More Numbers : 7580161

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:47 pm

http://www.utterlyrecipes.com/?p=105

looks good but I'd add some aubergines courgettes
    Back to top Go down
    Symmentha
    Symmentha

Aquarius Snake
    Number of posts : 141
    More Numbers : 7576074
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:47 pm

La Diva Carlotta wrote:

Anyone have a good recipe for vegetable lasagna? I used to have it all the time in the school cafeteria when I was in college years ago...have not had a decent veggie lasagna since. sad or frown

Erk, I love veggie lasagne. But cant have the white sauce. sad or frown Is there an alternative to lactose filled white sauce? Lol. Can you make that sort of thing on soy?
    Back to top Go down
    RedAngel
    star member
    RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:03 am

Symmentha: This month's issue of Vegetarian Times features a vegan lasagna. Not sure if you get the magazine down under, but usually they will post recipes from an issue once the new one is on newsstands.

Also: check http://www.recipezaar.com/

It's basically a big recipe free-for-all; some are great, some are not. But I searched "vegan lasagna" and found 17 recipes. It's a start. grin

At Xmas my mom put together an *amazing* spinach lasagna with red sauce, but it was loaded with cheese. So good, but after a plate, I needed a nap. faint
    Back to top Go down
    MoonRaven
    MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 1:20 am

I know this chef that makes a wicked pesto lasagna.
    Oh man I totally want some right now drool
    Back to top Go down
    DarkDreamer
    DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
    Number of posts : 933
    : : Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 29cndqs
    More Numbers : 7517711
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 8:09 pm

Symmentha wrote:
    La Diva Carlotta wrote:

Erk, I love veggie lasagne. But cant have the white sauce. sad or frown Is there an alternative to lactose filled white sauce? Lol. Can you make that sort of thing on soy?

I usually make veggie lasagna with soy cheese. Follow Your Heart and Teese are both good brands of soy cheese! Maybe that would be a good alternative to white sauce?
    Back to top Go down
    albinasamara
    albinasamara

Gemini Rooster
    Number of posts : 338
    : : Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 2cf2wwg
    More Numbers : 7581525

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:55 pm

In the "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook, she purees different veggies to add to other foods to boost the nutrition. One of her purees is of cauliflower, I wonder if that could substitute as a white sauce?
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.myspace.com/albinasamara
    SPF
    vip member
    SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
    : : Fashionista
    More Numbers : 7570101
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:07 pm

I always use veggies in my white sauce, but I use half cream instead of whole cream. It has less fat.

Also has anyone here made a coca-cola cake. They are great b.c I dont eat eggs you you just pour a can of soda into cake mix and bake.

I wonder if it works with brownies?

But my lifesavers are firm tofu, humus, tzatziki sauce, tempeh, and soy granules. You can put them in anything to give them a protein boost.. They use say granules as the base to the cheap kind of Bacon Bits lol. My veggie friend had a salad with bacon bits on it and I was like "What are you going!!" and he said they were all soy.
    Back to top Go down
    RedAngel
    star member
    RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:33 am

[quote="SPF"]
    Also has anyone here made a coca-cola cake. They are great b.c I dont eat eggs you you just pour a can of soda into cake mix and bake.

SPF: Coca-cola cake? Never heard of it. But Coke is weird stuff, so hey, it might work.

About the brownies: I haven't tried this, but I think it would work:
    http://www.yourveganmom.com/your_vegan_mom/2008/08/brownies.html

I know that mixing ground flax with warm water or soymilk will give you kind of a faux egg-white, but I haven't tried this recipe (yet). Wink
    Back to top Go down
    Succubus
    supernova
    Succubus

Libra Tiger
    Number of posts : 6201
    : : Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 2ajugar
    More Numbers : 7531301
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:01 pm

OMG that brownie looks so delectable !!!!^^^^^^^
    Back to top Go down
    angelofthenight
    star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:56 pm

I wouldn't mind having that brownie right about now drool
    Back to top Go down
    SPF
    vip member
    SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
    : : Fashionista
    More Numbers : 7570101
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:04 pm

[quote="RedAngel"]
    SPF wrote:

SPF: Coca-cola cake? Never heard of it. But Coke is weird stuff, so hey, it might work.

About the brownies: I haven't tried this, but I think it would work:
    http://www.yourveganmom.com/your_vegan_mom/2008/08/brownies.html

I know that mixing ground flax with warm water or soymilk will give you kind of a faux egg-white, but I haven't tried this recipe (yet). Wink

Oh thats perfect b/c I live off of flax. It super healthy
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where the meat don't hang out...   Where the meat don't hang out... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where the meat don't hang out...
    Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next