TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!

Go down 
+33
JJ_Decay
Apocalypse
SPF
Synth
Lolita Rose
RedAngel
OrpheusFaust
velvet spider
shortpsycho
helen damnation
deadcoldgothgirl
cynfullov
beautyindecay
Nightmistress
Succubus
Dark Gentleman
Morwenna
WrappedinReflection
*Morbid Doll*
angelofthenight
chelseagirl
Spooky
Ginger_Snaps
Siddicus Rex
Maxmordon
lollirot
BadArt23
endless dark
Evolution666
Eyvind
MoonRaven
ravengrim
Vampira132
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:11 pm

The Human Centipede 2? Do we really need it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
: : Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7555426
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:13 pm

^My boyfriend thinks so tongue
Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7570797
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:19 pm

I now have three films I'm super excited for this year; Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers being the first two, being that I'm a big comic fan as well as a big fan of both Christopher Nolan and Josh Whedon. The Avengers being directed by Whedon seems awesome since he's always been so character and storyline driven rather than about the action or special effects, so with him at the helm I'm feeling good about a movie which could potentially get lost with too many big names not being used well. Christopher Nolan is a god amongst insects, that is all.

The third film is Ridley Scott's Prometheus, the man who hired HR Giger to help recreate the establishment of sci-fi/horror in the 1970's is returning with the artist to basically recreate the Alien-Saga in reverse order.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7677946
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:19 pm

The Devils Carnival

Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7675931

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:38 pm

I heard a remake of Carrie
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Frankenweenie
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 4:20 pm

WrappedinReflection wrote:
Frankenweenie

Goodness, I hate Tim Burton so much, I actually have a real bit of hate in my heart for a man who I've never met. I own this short film on VHS, 1984 was when it came out, but I saw it a few years later at some extended family's house with older cousins. This short film along with Stalk of Celery and Vincent were the archetypes for what would be the artistry used to create Nightmare Before Christmas. But wait, Burton can instead of leaving this little gem alone as an early piece of his creativity, remake it as a glossy, shinny, full-length feature film to make middle-school kids spend their parents' money.

And on top of that this sonsofbitches other films in post-production is his film version of Dark Shadows which he directed and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter which he produced. Dark Shadows has Depp and Helen in it of course, and a host of other well known actors; the trailer seems to show most of the actors practically winking at the camera mid-line but the campy style I'm not completely sold on. Burton has let me down for a decade now, and his films seem more and more created to attain the young audience while the work he's remaking is from decades earlier. The fans of the originals seem to be left out more often than not.

Just one film he's behind the chair on that isn't a remake, re-imagining or re-do; that's all I'm asking for. He produces other people's original ideas now, and their not that good either.
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7579753
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 5:07 pm

^^I'm sorry but I disagree. I love Burton and I'm really excited to see Dark Shadows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:19 am

deadcoldgothgirl wrote:
^^I'm sorry but I disagree. I love Burton and I'm really excited to see Dark Shadows.

This is gonna long.

That's fine that we disagree, for me, he's just really disappointed my expectations over and over again for the last decade or so. I did a whole rant about him last year and don't want to seem kooky about this, but I truly was a ridiculously big fan of his films. Being that I'm 30, I feel that my age put me in the perfect situation to grow up watching his films.

In 1985 Pee-Wee's Big Adventure came out, I was between 4; this film was one of the first films along with Labyrinth and Gremlins I remember my parents letting me watch over and over. Come to think of it, my parents letting me watch these film at this age may explain a lot about my entire family and why I turned out the way I did. In 1988 Beetlejuice came out, I turned 8 years old, and it was my favorite film, my mom made me a Beetlejuice costume for Halloween. Then Burton's Batman film in 1989 was the first film I remember seeing that I felt like a badass because of, especially when my dad told me kids weren't allowed without adults. What! I was stoked, that year I went as Batman for Halloween. Fast forward to the following year for Edward Scissorhands, and it was the first film I saw twice in the theater, once with my mother and once with my grandparents. Take a wild guess who I was for Halloween.

I remember being super excited for Batman Return in 1992, my Dad was gonna take me to see it just like the first one. I loved Batman as a kid, still do, so go figure. It was at this point that I began to understand movies much better, because my dad explained to me that the guy who made the Batman Returns film I was excited for, he filmed and made the artwork for the other Batman film, and Edward Scissorhands, and Beetlejuice, and PeeWee; it was a f'n revelation. I viewed films differently right then, and suddenly I knew who Tim Burton was and realized I loved his work; because I wanted to be one of two things when I grew up, a paleontologist (loved dinosaurs) or an artist (loved to paint and draw), and this guy Tim Burton was an artist. My father passed away a month before Batman Returns came out, my mother taking me to see the film was the first time we went out and I had real fun since his funeral.

So in 1993, I turned twelve years old the week before Halloween, I was listening to my father's tape and record collection like a beast: Pink Floyd, The Damned, Billy Idol, Black Flagg, Nine Inch Nails, Metalica, Misfits. I was spiking my hair and being a trouble maker, and trust me, I was waiting outside the theater with my older (8th graders, look out) the day Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas came out. That movie was the best, saw it three times in the theater, first with friends, than with mom, than with my cousins and my uncle. Crazy, I knew the words to some of the songs the last time I saw it.

Ed Wood I had to watch again when I was older to really appreciate, and that is one of Burton's three best films in my opinion, and a fantastic performance put in by Depp. Plus you had George The Animal Steel, Bill Murray and Juliette Landau all with roles in the film; the older I got the better I realized that film was, even with that creature Sara Jessica Parker in it. Mars Attacks and Sleepy Hallow were good, and I realized one didn't take itself too serious, and the later was Burton's personal spin on a classic tale.

In the last decade he's directed Alice in Wonderland, Sweeney Todd, Corpse Bride, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Planet of the Apes which have all been so beneath the standards and expectations I levied upon them, even when I would lower these with each passing letdown. He somehow sneaked Big Fish in there, which is one of his very best, and as a happenstance would have it, the last original story he's told. This is the biggest problem I feel, instead of tapping into that amazing imagination he has (or had), he takes something already a standard, and manipulates it. Granted he did this with even the films I feel were actually good, for you could argue that Edward Scissorhands was clearly a combination of Frankenstein and The Hunchback of Notre Dame, yet it still was fiercely original. PeeWee was a television cross-over, both Batman films were of course adaptations from 60+ years of comics, Mars Attacks was an homage to the campy 1950's sci-fi films, but the leeway he had with these allowed for them to be dark yet fun.

You know when a lot of people stop listening to a band and they cry about "oh, they sold out", I rarely ever say that since bands form generally to make money and become famous. I stop listening to bands because they stop making music I enjoy, kinda like Metallica hasn't made a decent album since I was in middle school. It's somewhat similar with my dislike for Tim Burton, but there's also an anger within me, probably because his work was so timely as an integral part of my upbringing and how my tastes and interest grew. This man I'm a fan of since my memories can be collected in my mind, has always seemed to desire to manipulate the art of another with his own ideas, like a new-age dada director. Yet as I've aged, in my opinion, the quality of his work has degraded along with his own creativity, and every film he makes himself is a now simply a remake, re-imagining, or now a do-over of his own film is in post-production.

Burton is better than that, at least he was. Beetlejuice, Nightmare, Ed Wood, Big Fish were all extremely original ideas, and the earlier films of his career which he put his own twist on another artist's concept were striking and fun. But now it's become second nature, expected; Tim Burton takes something many people already know and have a vested interest or fondness for, and makes it "comically dark and gloomy" version of it. The studio's love it, because they know Burton has the Hot Topic high school fanbase in his pocket, and whatever he's remaking/re-imagining will have a built in audience as well. The studio's expect box offices simply because of the brand names, and that's what these titles and his name have become, brands. Plus it's old hat, and speaking for only myself, I demand better from this guy. I don't want to feel duped into seeing something because I liked the original, and this guy made films I liked when I was young.

It can't be too much to ask for this guy to not remake something.
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7579753
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:55 pm

^^I can see your points. They are all very valid. Yet even after such let downs happen like with corpse bride and big fish (I refuse to see it,) I still enjoy watching his movies. The over played merchandise that comes along with every film isn't appealing to me, but I like the movie experience I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:16 pm

@Spooky: It'd also be nice if he could branch out and use different actors. Jonny Depp may be a better known, okay actor, but ...eh.
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 829
: : Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 Th_sta10
More Numbers : 6145781
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:36 pm

^I agree, it would be nice to see some new faces once in a while. But even before Johnny and Helena, there was his old standbys (Jeffrey Jones, Winona Ryder, ect.). It gets old. But I am excited to see Dark Shadows, and hopefully it wont let us down.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 Evil10
More Numbers : 7683317

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Dark Shadows?

No idea if it's going to be good.

The trailer looks interesting.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:06 am

Raven, you should read my above rant.

Queen and Munky, I really don't mind when a director uses the same actors in their films, if friends and colleagues wish to continue to create films together than I'm all for it. That trust and bond they share usually builds great performances; Christopher Nolan regularly uses Christian Bale, Michael Cain, Cilian Murphy, Tom Hardy, Ken Watanabe and Marion Cotillard. Nolan than writes and directs original stories into great films, or takes the time to craft something old into something respectable with these amazing assets at hand. Kevin Smith has made a career using the same people, some of the actors in Smith's film he gave their first big break too or helped them out, and these actors have repaid him with small parts in later films when they have become bigger stars. In the case of Tim Burton his best pal Johnny Depp and his lady Helena are both great actors who put in great performances regularly, my problem is the director doesn't do anything new or good anymore. Simply placing a fantastic actor like Depp in another hat and silly outfit in hope his starpower and talent can bare the load of yet another poorly written and directed film is what's gotten really old for me. Other people have used Depp in films, and over 75% of them put him in a hat (fact), some people just seem to direct better.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 25883sk
More Numbers : 7409898
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 8:46 am

^^ Now I want to make a film called "Johnny Depp Wears a Hat." I won't let Burton anywhere near it though. In fact, I picture it as a fantasy/action flick, so I think Peter Jackson is the man for the job.

Andy Serkis can play the hat. *pictures Andy Serkis in a motion-capture suit, perched on top of Depp's head*
jocolor
It's early in the morning and I'm being silly, but seriously, I agree about Burton running on creative fumes these days. And I agree that there's nothing wrong with working with the same team of creative individuals, unless the director's ideas are getting increasingly stale.

Also, Jackson is fantastic. And I think he could be great competition genre-wise for Burton.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 1:05 pm

We could also add a subtitle: Johnny Depp Wears a Hat; Helena Bohnam Carter Wears a Busty Corset.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:20 pm

Johnny Depp Wears a Hat and Helena Bohnam Carter Wears a Busty Corset: in 3D
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 2:56 am

endless dark wrote:
The Devils Carnival

The Devil's Carnival

I wonder if it will be as good as Repo was.
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:07 am

OK, having seen the Dark Shadows trailer last night, I've only just learned it's been made into a COMEDY. Mad

F*** whoever thought this would be a good idea. I'm going to assume it was Burton, in which case F*** BURTON. NOT EVERYTHING IS EDWARD F***ING SCISSORHANDS. HIRE SOMEONE TO COME UP WITH A UNIQUE IDEA FOR YOU, AND STOP MUTILATING OTHERS' CREATIVE ENDEAVORS BY GRAFTING YOUR OWN TIRED WRITING ONTO THEM.

edit: Having just seen Raven's post about the passing of Jonathan Frid (the original Barnabas Collins), I feel like I should explain my view more intelligently: What gets under my skin about these remakes is that they're kind of like revisionst history, only it's revisionist creative history -- through the changes, bits are lost. It's a chance to have a common experience with the generation previous to yours -- only the chance has been completely cocked-up b/c the new work acts like a parody of the original.
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:38 am

^ I agree (although I'm ashamed to say I'm kinda excited to see the new release). So many of my classic favorites have been completely slaughtered for the "new audience". However, the reboot of Dark Shadows has intrigued me to seek out the old t.v. episodes. So...double edged sword? Tim Burton has hurt the true fans of the show with his new "vision" of his movie (wrong I know sad or frown ), but has also made others more aware of the classic 60's show.

It still would have been great if they did stuck with more of the original. And as with Johnny Depp, I read in last issue of Rue Morgue that he bought the franchise years ago just so he would ensure himself the part of Barnabas..so no getting out of that I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7677946

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:58 am

I'm going in the other direction, I want to see it. I've seen the original, I've seen it a lot and I have to say people have to lighten up with it. Dark Shadows was never serious, this isn't some "first major leap for alternative peoples" its a vampire satire.
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 1:54 pm

^^ I know I lose my cool with things like that, but I see film/TV series/music/visual arts as indicators of the values and social questions of their times. At least I've felt that way about the creative media that's been produced till recent times, when everything seems to just be re-produced. I see it as almost a loss of culture, a loss of the ability to reflect on your own times.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 4:01 pm

No idea why there are 2 Snow White movies coming out, but I saw a preview for this one
Snow White and the Huntsman
and it looks like lots of LOTR-scale fantasy. So I'm ready to see it. Smile

Also saw the trailer for The Dark Knight Rises, with just a short scene w/Anne Hathaway. Can't wait to see her as Catwoman.
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 11:56 pm

I am way too excited about this one grin

Hotel Transylvaia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!   Exciting New Movies Coming Out..! - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exciting New Movies Coming Out..!
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next