TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Music Bands To Recommend

Go down 
+19
albinasamara
Succubus
Apocalypse
shortpsycho
Maxmordon
Morwenna
Alenuska
edgeeffect
Dark Gentleman
BadArt23
endless dark
GhostRed
Spooky
marc17
helen damnation
MoonRaven
deadcoldgothgirl
angelofthenight
Vampira132
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
marc17
marc17

Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 33
More Numbers : 7578638
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:24 am

Akasha'sMistake wrote:

HEY! No typo-ing Feindflug! They are too wicked to typo! spank Laughing

You'd think I'd get it right considering the number of times I've left the country to catch them in concert. Not sure why I always insist on putting an "L" in there.
Back to top Go down
http://marc17.deviantart.com/
Dark Gentleman
Dark Gentleman

Pisces Pig
Number of posts : 394
: : Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 2vwy0zq
More Numbers : 7572127
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:32 am

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
For you, GhostRed...some of my favorites in the genre(s):

Putrefy Factor 7, yelworC, Front Line Assembly, Synapscape, Dive, Portion Control, Sleep Chamber, Thrill Kill Kult, The Revolting Cocks, Janne Da Arc, High and Mighty Color, UVERworld, And One, Ashbury Heights, Aural Vampire, Blutengel, Beborn Benton, Bruderschaft, Pet Shop Boys, Crushadows, Dir En Grey, Dulce Liquido, Fictional, Funker Vogt, Icon of Coil, Hocico, L'Ame Immortelle, KMFDM/MDFMK, Life [C]ried, Neurotic Fish, Rammstein, Pzychobitch, Psyclon Nine, Suicide Commando, T.O.Y, Unter Null, Velvet Acid Christ, The DreamSide, Terminal Choice, Technoir, Wolfsheim, Zeromancer...

I like your taste in music Akasha. On top of all that, I'd like to add these as well:

Grendel, SITD, Accessory, Tactical Sekt, Infekktion, Soil & Eclipse, Negative Format, Infomatik, Frozen Plasma, Decoded Feedback, Culture Kultur, Clan of Xymox, Angels & Agony, Android Lust, Assemblage 23, Combichrist, Das Ich, Inscape, Solitary Experiments, Switchblade Symphony, The Azoic, XP8, Astrovamps, Mindfield, Amduscia, Rotersand, ASP, Siegemachine, Engelmacher, The Parallel Project, Ivory Fequency, Controlled Fusion.....

So many to list, I'll post more up when they pop up in my head.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7574736
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:30 am

Cinema Strange

Wow, I've been a fan of CS for so long now, how silly.

GhostRed wrote:
Spooky wrote:
I listen to all types of music, and when I say that, I really mean it. I listen to classical, opera, hardcore, blackmetal, punk, hip-hop, jazz, everything; my only requirements are they have meaning and emotion in their art, and the performers aren’t just another carbon-copy, pop creation that’s flooding all scenes.

With that said, my favorite rapper is Immortal Technique.

Now, be warned, he’s brash and has some rough language...but there’s no one better then him in my mind. He raps about real issues and topics, not just the same old ostentatious “look at my car, look at my bling” crap that’s ruined hip-hop over the last ten years.

This is Technique live from NYC. Take notice to how the crowd is shocked and pissed at first about how he’s down talking the ‘thugs’ in the building and attacking the type of pop-rap they usual support. But they realize they're witnessing a revolution in the process, not just the same old sh!t.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BWGzrhKKi0&feature=related

Best line...”you got jealousy in voice like Star Scream”

On the subject of Hip-hop, give Atmosphere a listen...this is his tune Angelface, amazing lyrics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aZJasbTXn0

Wow, Spooky, Technique is a refreshing breeze for hip hop! (was that cheesy enough? haha). I loved the line "cause if you go platinum, it ain't got nothing to do with luck, is just means a million people are stupid as f_ck." Man, gotta love that. Nice and angry! Yeah, Atmosphere is a great lyricist, too, my hubby likes him.

Glad you liked it; I'm just a fan of music with heart and emotion, and so much rap has none of that anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 445
: : Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7580157
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:14 pm

Dark Gentleman: Ooo, more band for me to try! I am really coming to love Clan of Xymox and Assemblage 23.

Spooky: Same here, I have a huge range of musical prefs, too. It a shame what hip hop has turned into, its always cool when a culture makes its own art to identify itself by. Now it really is making a horrible name for itself. And they wonder why people profile them! They need to respect themselves before anyone else will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:25 pm

Dark Gentleman wrote:
Akasha'sMistake wrote:
For you, GhostRed...some of my favorites in the genre(s):

Putrefy Factor 7, yelworC, Front Line Assembly, Synapscape, Dive, Portion Control, Sleep Chamber, Thrill Kill Kult, The Revolting Cocks, Janne Da Arc, High and Mighty Color, UVERworld, And One, Ashbury Heights, Aural Vampire, Blutengel, Beborn Benton, Bruderschaft, Pet Shop Boys, Crushadows, Dir En Grey, Dulce Liquido, Fictional, Funker Vogt, Icon of Coil, Hocico, L'Ame Immortelle, KMFDM/MDFMK, Life [C]ried, Neurotic Fish, Rammstein, Pzychobitch, Psyclon Nine, Suicide Commando, T.O.Y, Unter Null, Velvet Acid Christ, The DreamSide, Terminal Choice, Technoir, Wolfsheim, Zeromancer...

I like your taste in music Akasha. On top of all that, I'd like to add these as well:

Grendel, SITD, Accessory, Tactical Sekt, Infekktion, Soil & Eclipse, Negative Format, Infomatik, Frozen Plasma, Decoded Feedback, Culture Kultur, Clan of Xymox, Angels & Agony, Android Lust, Assemblage 23, Combichrist, Das Ich, Inscape, Solitary Experiments, Switchblade Symphony, The Azoic, XP8, Astrovamps, Mindfield, Amduscia, Rotersand, ASP, Siegemachine, Engelmacher, The Parallel Project, Ivory Fequency, Controlled Fusion.....

So many to list, I'll post more up when they pop up in my head.

Here, here! cheers I can't believe I neglected to mention some of those.... blush Although I do believe I PMed some to Ghost. *phew!*

(((Note to Ghost: I'm kind of a perfectionist...so SITD as DG listed should be also looked up as [:SITD:], as that is how they are usually listed... kind of like early :wumpscut: was listed as Wumpscut.)))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:31 pm

marc17 wrote:
Akasha'sMistake wrote:

HEY! No typo-ing Feindflug! They are too wicked to typo! spank Laughing

You'd think I'd get it right considering the number of times I've left the country to catch them in concert. Not sure why I always insist on putting an "L" in there.

Ah, never mind me. Just roll your eyes at my need to correct everything like most here have learned to do. Very Happy

(And you lucky thing -- I would sell myself to see them in concert!)
Back to top Go down
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 445
: : Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7580157

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:10 am

Duly noted Akasha, thank ya. There are so many now on my list I barely know where to start! At the very beginning, I suppose!

Oh, and I am right there with you having to correct everything. It seriously makes me cringe when people are too lazy to/cannot spell and or use correct punctuation. Suspect
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7681885
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 7:29 am

this person has A LOT of industrial on their page, I've never even heard of a lot of them so for the industrial fans it might be worth a look

https://www.youtube.com/user/crowren
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 2:31 pm

^Well, they have some interesting choices there...not all my tastes, but still decent.

My favorite channels for Industrial are:

Crawler23
~and~
Schlechtwetterfront
Back to top Go down
edgeeffect
edgeeffect

Aries Horse
Number of posts : 150
: : Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 Th_sta10
More Numbers : 7549754
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 4:10 pm

Why not try something a little bit different.

Try some neo-folk, broaden your sound-palette a bit whilst keeping the vocals as goth as can be:
Sonne Hagal
The Rohan Theatre Band
Death in June (of course) - search for them on MySpace - they have loads of fan profiles.

Or some dark-ambient for times when you want to take the tempo way down but keep the world painted balck:
Lustmord
Ghosts of Breslau
Dahlia's Tear

On the dark ambient side, my friend Pixyblink is very much worth a go
myspace.com/pixyblink
And there's always (ehem...) my own humble efforts:
myspace.com/eeffect ;-)

Last edited by edgeeffect on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.edge-effect.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 4:13 pm

ARRGHHH! You can't use that sort of link! (Sorry, but I hate repeating myself every time we get a new member!) Try a direct link, and for pictures, use the direct link again, or the IMG code!
Back to top Go down
edgeeffect
edgeeffect

Aries Horse

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 4:14 pm

Erm.. mind if I ask why not.

This is phpBB isn't it. If using HTML is bad, why not turn it off in the options file?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 4:24 pm

^I've never seen an instance in which that code actually works on a forum. It's just not usually accepted... can't really explain why (That's more Endless' cup of tea-- he created this lovely home for us after we were exiled)... it just isn't.

Sorry! And I would like to apologize for razzing you your first day on the board -- I've explained this numerous times, and I just get tired of repeating myself. If you would, could you formally introduce yourself in the Introductions thread...? We like to give new members a formal welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
edgeeffect
edgeeffect

Aries Horse

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 4:32 pm

You see I could use BB-Code like I think you're reccomending, but then the BBS software will just translate those links straight into HTML links like I have used before they get sent to your browser anyway.

But in future I'll try to remember to use the BB-Code option, it's just that having been using in forums, E. mails, and websites for about (oh god has it really been that long) 10 years now, it's hard to break old habits overnight.

Maybe you are experiencing these strange effects due to being behind some kind of corporate / scholastic firewall?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 4:34 pm

^It's entirely possible-- like I said, Endless is our resident computer whiz, not me. I just know what works, and what doesn't-- can't tell you why.
Back to top Go down
Alenuska

Capricorn Pig
Number of posts : 270
More Numbers : 7577504
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 12:15 am

Red Lorry Yellow lorry. Bauhaus, The damned, Voltaire, The Birthday massacre, Switch blade symphony, Crux Shadows, Miranda sex garden,Faith and the muse, Cocteau twins,

Early cure, Jill tracy , Alien Sex fiend, Nosferatu, Sex gang children, Virgin prunes, Cinema strange, Gene loves Jezebel, Ex-voto , The mission UK, Trance to sun, Wreckage, Corpus Deliciti, Big electric cat, Mephizto Waltz, Die laughing, Inkubus Sukubus, The march violets,Black tape for a blue girl,Specimen, Ayria, Two witches

And a bunch more
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
: : Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 25a7xqo
More Numbers : 7580235

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 12:44 am

Emilie Autumn, Pulp, Pet Shop Boys, The Magnetic Fields, The Tiger Lillies, Love and Rockets, Muse, Faith and the Muse, Mindless Self Indulgence, The Birthday Massacre, The Eels, The Decemberists....that's all I can think of for now...
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 12:55 am

double post, whoops!

Last edited by Morwenna on Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 12:56 am

... Quoting yourself... why? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dark Gentleman
Dark Gentleman

Pisces Pig

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:36 am

Repeating herself perhaps? grin
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:40 am

sorry! that was meant to be an edit. XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 5:01 am

No worries hon! We've all done it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 11:20 am

What's up with pop chicks, having a little gothic-flare, I like it.

Rihanna stands out in the mainstream, she does her thing, and I respect that a lot. Her videos have consisted of ballet dancing with umbrellas, her cheating on her man with a white dude who plays piano, her in a greaser-esque garage, and then her in dark/voodoo-like video Disturbia. Then I heard she had a cool performance at one of those MTV award shows, so I searched for it, and it was pretty fun.

Then I see a few weeks ago, this video one night on Fuse, and I find myself quite taken with Kerli. She's got a Bjork vibe, and she's quite cute ta boot... Rolling Eyes

Here's her first video, a think it's from last year, she's got one or two more now, but this one's cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6xi7VY8iDM
Back to top Go down
Dark Gentleman
Dark Gentleman

Pisces Pig

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 2:02 pm

My daughter showed me that video "Walking on Air" by Kerli before and I thought it was well made.

It seems that the mainstream is leaning towards the gothic-look recently as Spooky mentioned, I don't know it that's a good thing or bad.

The "bad point of view" is that it would lead "normie" people to look goth and not really appreciate the true sub-culture.
For example, a person looks goth, but listens to the mainstream music and knows NOTHING of what Goth is really about. wtf
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 9:31 pm

Every scene gets that though, where you can look at a group and think: "well those aren't _____, but they sure do have some cool looking _______ clothes."

We've all seen the "I'm not goth/punk/glam/hardcore/metal/industrial/etc person and knew, they just though that shirt/pant/jacket/shoes were just cool looking.

Now I just thought about Dave Chapelle talking about women not being whores, but wearing a whore's uniform....classic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uscmRI9ZrE&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music Bands To Recommend   Music Bands To Recommend - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music Bands To Recommend
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next