TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
All About Gorgoroth.... I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
All About Gorgoroth.... I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
All About Gorgoroth.... I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
All About Gorgoroth.... I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
All About Gorgoroth.... I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
All About Gorgoroth.... I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
All About Gorgoroth.... I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
All About Gorgoroth.... I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
All About Gorgoroth.... I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
All About Gorgoroth.... I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
All About Gorgoroth.... I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
All About Gorgoroth.... I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
All About Gorgoroth.... I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages

All About Gorgoroth....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : All About Gorgoroth.... Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7674153
Registration date : 2008-07-21

All About Gorgoroth.... Empty
PostSubject: All About Gorgoroth....   All About Gorgoroth.... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:39 pm

All Black metal fans will know when this happened....

In October 2007, Infernus announced the decision of Gaahl and King ov Hell to part ways on the band's official Myspace page. Gaahl and King claimed that they had "fired" Infernus from Gorgoroth and claimed the rights to the name of the band, with King having made a trademark application the previous month.

I was backing Infernus that he would win the battle for the rights of the band Gorgoroth, but the majority wanted Gaahl and King so they can carry on the legacy.

But this just happened...

A legal decision has been reached in the case regarding who is entitled to use the band name GORGOROTH between guitarist Infernus and previous members Gaahl and King Ov Hell.

Oslo City District Court has [on Tuesday, March 10th] delivered a verdict on the main question in the GORGOROTH trademark case, which took place at the end of January 2009.

The court has decided that King Ov Hell's trademark registration #243365 of the band name GORGOROTH is NOT valid and shall therefore be deleted.

The court states that King Ov Hell and Gaahl excluded themselves from the band GORGOROTH when they tried to fire Infernus in October 2007.

The court further states that Infernus cannot be excluded from GORGOROTH, unless he himself decides to quit.

Infernus is very pleased, but not surprised, by this verdict. The remaining issues concerning financial matters and such are yet to be decided upon.

Woohoo!! Go Infernus, and now he carries on the reign of Gorgoroth with new band members....

* Infernus – guitar, bass, drums, vocals (1992-)
* Pest – vocals (1995–1997, 2008-)
* Tormentor – guitar (1996–2002, 2008-)
* Frank Watkins – bass (2007-)
* Tomas Asklund – drums (2007-)

As for Gaahl and King...

blabbermouth.net has received the folowing statement from bassist King ov Hell (real name: Tom Cato Visnes) and vocalist Gaahl (real name: Kristian Espedal) regarding the latest developments in their legal dispute with guitarist Infernus over the rights to the GORGOROTH band name:

"Regarding the recent court case over the use of the name GORGOROTH, Gaahl and King confirm that parts of the verdict have been decided and went in favor of Infernus. This is only a partial verdict on the case. Because of the complexity of this case, there will be further court hearings and the final verdict will be announced within a few weeks.

"The judge came to the conclusion that it is impossible to kick out an original member even if he doesn't contribute musically or lyrically. The judge also states that one can't kick an original member out of a band even if that member performs actions which are viewed as disrespectful towards promoters, session members and other working partners.

"Gaahl and King wish Infernus the best of luck using the banner of GORGOROTH on his art.

"Gaahl and King will still present the art they are known for creating in GORGOROTH albeit under another banner. The new name will be announced shortly."

Infernus (real name: Roger Tiegs) filed a lawsuit against King ov Hell in September 2008 claiming that King (the sixth bass player in GORGOROTH's history) went behind his back in September 2007 and secretly applied for trademark protection of the GORGOROTH bandname and logo, which Infernus had been using since 1992.

The witnesses that testified in court - besides Infernus, Gaahl and King Ov Hell themselves - during the January 28-30 trial in Oslo, Norway were as follows:

* Torgrim أکyre (former GORGOROTH member, booking manager at Hole In The Sky Festival)
* Anders Odden (ex-CELTIC FROST, CADAVER INC.)
* Tormentor (former GORGOROTH member, now member of the Infernus lineup)
* Espen Solheim Rأ¸hne (Norwegian distributor Indie Distribution, who has sided with Gaahl and King Ov Hell)
* Per Gyllenbأ¤ck (Regain Records, who has sided with Infernus)
* Asbjأ¸rn Slettemark (from Norwegian music industry magazine Faro Journalen)
* Gro Narvestad (Inferno Festival)

Gaahl and King entered the studio on August 25, 2008 in the their hometown of Bergen, Norway to begin recording eight new tracks composed by the bassist for an as-yet-untitled new album. Along with Gaahl, King and Frost (SATYRICON) on drums, the full recording lineup includes Teloch (guitar) and Ice Dale (guitar). ENSLAVED's Herbrand Larsen once again produced the band in the studio.

Wooo!! Twice the goodness guitar
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : All About Gorgoroth.... Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7585866
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: All About Gorgoroth....   All About Gorgoroth.... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:32 pm

The whole band name trademark issue in this case seemed sooo convoluted. Reading the first part of the article made my head hurt. But I'm glad both bands are moving on and making new music.

Woot! Twice the goodness indeed! grin
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : All About Gorgoroth.... Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7679870
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: All About Gorgoroth....   All About Gorgoroth.... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 1:39 am

Those guys go through so many members.
But good for them.
'Go forth and create music' hail
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All About Gorgoroth....   All About Gorgoroth.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All About Gorgoroth....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Music-
Jump to: