TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse
Number of posts : 114
: : Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7566957
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) Empty
PostSubject: Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics)   Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:50 pm

Well, I'm trying to figure out what kind of piercing I want to get, and the one that seems to catch my eye the most is the labret piercings. Especially the kind with the spike the curls down under your chin.

I probably won't get it done for a few months (I want to do it after I'm out of the house, so mum and dad can't say anything about it.) Anyway, I found a style of labret on the hot topic website that I really like: http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Accessories/BodyJewelry/Labrets/Morbid-Metals-Male-LipLoop-Labret-214444.jsp

But unfortunately, they never seem to show pictures of what it actually looks like on people. (Plus I don't think the ring would even be big enough to fit over my bottom lip.)

So, if anyone has a ring like this (or the spike kind) Please post pics! I'll better be able to picture it on myself, if I could see what it looks like on a person.

Oh and any advice you have regarding this kind of piercing would be helpful.
I'm kind of afraid to get this, because I was reading the other topics where someone mentioned certain piercers not checking first and putting the piercing through a vein or saliva cland. >_< *cringe*
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
: : Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) 25a7xqo
More Numbers : 7576296
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics)   Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:22 pm

I have a ball stud
Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) DSCN2058

I got mine done at Robot Piercing in Portland, OR and the piercer specialized in clamp-less piercings. I got a classic labret and it's too far down to put a ring through. Just beware, your dentist will b!tch about it.
Back to top Go down
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics)   Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:31 pm

Pretty!

Hmm, so I guess for the kind I linked to you'd need to get it pierced directly below the lip. (But then wouldn't you feel it rubbing against your bottom teeth all the time?)

Maybe I could get one piercing right at the bottom of the lip(like Drastique has), one one further down like you have...

Clamp-less piercings???

>_> Haven't been to the dentist in a while. Though I'll probably need to go soon.

(Awe, the kitties are adorable by the way!)
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics)   Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:17 am

I think Drastique has a vertical labret, it goes up through the lip instead of the other side of the skin below the lip. Yeah, the higher you get it pierced, the more it will bother your teeth. And yep, clamp-less piercing. She didn't use a clamp to make the skin taut like most piercers do, she did it free-hand.

Thanks for the complement on my kitties, they're sisters, Jenny and Chloe!
Back to top Go down
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics)   Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 7:23 pm

(Wow...I have so much to learn about piercings...I've never heard of a vertical labret before now.)

I'm trying to picture how that would work, so the piercing goes up and ends at the top of the lip?...

I wonder how painful getting a labret done is compared to getting your ears pierced...
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics)   Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 7:32 pm

It was about as painful as getting lobes pierced. Not too bad. Just watch out the first few days when you eat, it hurts like hell if you chomp down on it!
Back to top Go down
chelseagirl
chelseagirl

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 311
More Numbers : 7559161
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics)   Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Morwenna wrote:
I have a ball stud

Just beware, your dentist will b!tch about it.

Sometimes though, for good reason. It really depends on the structure of your lips and gums as to whether or not this will happen....but my labret wore down my gums around my bottom two front teeth. I almost lost those teeth and had to get a skin graft to rebuild the gum tissue. It sucked majorly. I really liked my labret pierceing too. sad or frown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics)   Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Labret Piercings (Anyone have pics)
Page 1 of 1