TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7654013
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery Empty
PostSubject: Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery   Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 4:49 am

Some of us may remember endless posting of Sam's rescue, for thoses that may have not here is a quote of that post. and below it is the recent article of her passing.

endless dark wrote:

Subject: Re: Wonderful people in the news Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:45 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok, heres something a little less sad... I'm sure by now we've all heard about the Koala fireman
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29123220/

Heres video of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XSPx7S4jr4

Australian Koala Sam that survived fires dies in surgery

Sam the koala, who gained worldwide fame and sympathy when she was rescued during Australia's devastating wildfires this year, died Thursday during an operation meant to save her from a life-threatening disease.

The 4-year-old koala had developed cysts associated with urogenital chlamydiosis, which affects up to 50 percent of Australia's koala population.

During surgery, the disease was found to be so advanced that it was inoperable and Sam was put to sleep, said Peita Elkhorne, spokeswoman for the lawyers that represent the shelter where the koala had lived since the February fires.

"It was so severe that there was no possible way to be able to manage her pain," Elkhorne said in a statement."All of those who have been involved with Sam are devastated with this loss."

Even Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd commented on the animal's death, saying she had been a symbol of hope for Australia during the wildfires.

"It's tragic that Sam the koala is no longer with us," Rudd said.

As the fires burned in Victoria state, Sam was gingerly making her way on scorched paws past a fire patrol north of Melbourne when one of the firefighters spotted her. The firefighter was photographed holding a bottle of water to her lips, an image that resonated around the world.

She suffered second- and third-degree burns to her paws and had been recuperating at the Southern Ash Wildlife Shelter.

Record temperatures, high winds and forests dried by years of drought set off infernos that swept a vast area of Victoria state, killing more than 170 people and destroying thousands of homes.

hug R.I.P Sam candles
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7689061
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery   Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:44 am

Aww that's sad. Poor thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger
Number of posts : 5158
: : The Pumpkin Queen
: : Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7590817
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery   Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:57 pm

Oh no's! I was just reading about the poor dear the other day. Poor koala sosad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery   Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Koala Sam that survived Australian fires dies in surgery
Page 1 of 1