TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Go down 
+12
Madelchai
MoonRaven
Vampira132
endless dark
helen damnation
WrappedinReflection
RedAngel
SPF
Ginger_Snaps
deadcoldgothgirl
La Diva Carlotta
QueenbHorror
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 11:36 am

endless dark wrote:
RedAngel wrote:

I've got no good ideas I'm afraid; wish I did. I'm sorry. sad or frown I'm probably headed for similar job issues early next year.
ok, call me crazy, this may be a loony idea but why not do your own thing full time? Do some window shopping for a good store front in a good highish end artsy district and go the boutique route.

I don't know about your area but here, in the arts district custom jewelry is hot cakes because those artsy types and richer folk dont want to be wearing the same thing as the person next to them and definetly not the same thing as 20 other people from a normal jewels store like zales or jarred...

That's the problem here, though: people in this area are so worried about keeping up with the Joneses that they DO all want to wear the same thing from Zales or Jared. :/ I've seen the carbon-copies come in; they're my clients (when the do come in). The small boutiques here go under fast b/c people talk a big game about wanting to support small business -- but then they say "oh it's so expensive though" and actually go out and buy the biggest diamonds and priciest Coach bags they can.

I don't mean to be negative; I've looked into it though and that's the "culture" here: pragmatism (it's only worth the money if you can eat/drink it or drive it or live in it) and wealth-envy (it's only worth the money if you can impress your friends with the carat weight of it). There are a few others here like me, more art-minded individualistic types, but not enough to keep a business afloat. I really wish I lived elsewhere -- and I tried; trouble is no one seems to want to hire from out-of-state. (Checked around Alexandria VA, Annapolis MD and some parts of DC back in '04-'05).

We're stuck here, but only until the housing market gets better; then we can sell the house and re-evaluate where we want to be.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 12:23 pm

^^ Actually had a good conversation with Boss about this a little while ago: as far as art sales, auction houses are doing better than galleries lately. We both believe that's b/c of perceived value: people believe that an auction house will give them a better deal b/c they don't see a middleman; they think they're making out better and buying at cut rate or buying "direct". That gives auction houses leeway to start the bids at whatever amount they like, and it will always sound fair to the buyer. Seems the more anxious people are about their money, the more inclined they are to blindly go for something they *think* is on sale or at a great deal. What they don't realize is that quite often it's not: there are still fees attached with auctions; and even with store sales/discounts quite often the "deal" is not of the caliber that consumers expect.

In other words, buyers play head games with themselves and love every minute of it; it's more fun for them than actually doing research or crunching numbers to see if the "sale" item is really on sale.
Back to top Go down
DarkDreamer
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7526902
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Ugh. The inspector is coming by tomorrow, so our apartment has to be super-clean. Everyone said they'd help me clean, but right now Will and I are the only ones home. We've cleaned maybe half of a room out of the six rooms that need to be cleaned. I don't think we'll finish on time, and am really pissed off that just the two of us are stuck doing this. I have homework, I have -many- items that I need to sanitize and bag up because of possible bed bug infestation, and I had other plans that I had to cancel because of this. What do my other roommates do? Go off to hang out with their boyfriends. When confronted, they told me that they already had plans and couldn't clean today. I had plans today to visit a friend I have not seen in months, but canceled because of the inspection. I had the courtesy to reschedule seeing my friend so I could help prepare our apartment. Neither of the other roommates have very much homework, and have way more spare time than Will and myself.
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7592883
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 2:47 am

I had plans to clean my apartment today and get all of my homework done so I could have the weedend to myself. Unfortunately I had to record a band today for my project. I finished the project, but I don't know if I missed little things that sounded bad because I was listening to the music for 7 hours straight.

Since then I haven't wanted to do much. So I'm hoping I can get a few little things cleaned tonight and then get all of my homework done and everything else done early tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7579292
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:20 am

Some people are such dicks

My mom accidentally sent my ex a chain e-mail. She receives these joke from others and forwards them to her friends. Well this time he accidentally sent the joke to all people in her address book, including my ex who kinda hated my mom.

He said, "Please take me off whatever list you got me on that makes me receive this kind of crap."

I know chain e-mails are annoying, but it was an honest mistake. He didn't have to be such a d**k about it. I could think of a million nicer ways to respond.

we dont really talk much, but Should I say something to my ex??????
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:13 am

SPF wrote:

Deluge him with more chain mail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 11:41 am

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
SPF wrote:

Thats an excellent idea!
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:27 pm

SPF wrote:
Ginger_Snaps wrote:
SPF wrote:

Thats an excellent idea!

naughty Sounds good to me. How incredibly nasty of him -- that's your mom, after all.
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7592883
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:21 pm

Why am I so dumb? Why do I still love matt? Why do I want to know what he says he wants when I know damn well he doesn't love me. How could he? I've been told enough times that I'm impossible to love. Maybe they were right. If he loved me he wouldn't have cheated, told me sooner, and when I asked him what he wanted there shouldn't have been a question... and I should have gotten an answer by now. Right? He is just using me. That's all I'm good for. Everyone I've been with has cheated on me.

Why do I care? Why do I have to know? Why do I still cry myself to sleep at night thinking about all the pain he has put me through and yet when I think of him I still whisper I love you? Maybe I'm not special. I seem to get treated like crap enough from enough people. Maybe I'll never get my fairy tale ending. Maybe I'm not worth it. I'm just tired of crying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:27 pm

RedAngel wrote:
SPF wrote:
Ginger_Snaps wrote:
SPF wrote:

Thats an excellent idea!

naughty Sounds good to me. How incredibly nasty of him -- that's your mom, after all.

My mom was always nice to him.

I kinda wanna text him and tell him he was rude, but I am gonna let the anger blow off.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:05 pm

deadcoldgothgirl wrote:
Why am I so dumb? Why do I still love matt? Why do I want to know what he says he wants when I know damn well he doesn't love me. How could he? I've been told enough times that I'm impossible to love. Maybe they were right. If he loved me he wouldn't have cheated, told me sooner, and when I asked him what he wanted there shouldn't have been a question... and I should have gotten an answer by now. Right? He is just using me. That's all I'm good for. Everyone I've been with has cheated on me.

Why do I care? Why do I have to know? Why do I still cry myself to sleep at night thinking about all the pain he has put me through and yet when I think of him I still whisper I love you? Maybe I'm not special. I seem to get treated like crap enough from enough people. Maybe I'll never get my fairy tale ending. Maybe I'm not worth it. I'm just tired of crying.

Because you were capable of love whereas he is not. It takes time but you will eventually get over him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
deadcoldgothgirl wrote:

Because you were capable of love whereas he is not. It takes time but you will eventually get over him.

Ginger is right. This is not a problem with you -- it's a problem with him. And he has got some serious problems; we're talking danger-to-himself-and-others here. If he loved you he would not have done those things, correct -- that is not your fault, though. He messed up a really good relationship, and may not even realize how good it was. That, again, is his fault.

You are not unlovable, DCGG. Why do you believe that? You can't rely on the crappy behavior of poor-quality guys to determine your sense of self. Remember, they're poor-quality, so their judgment is too. You deserve the same love and care that any of us does. Really. We've got no need to blow smoke, no need to lie to you -- we mean it. hug
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7595057
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 1:19 pm

No, I am NOT planning my best friend's bachelorette party around a sporting event. If some of the ladies (and I'm using that term loosely) would rather attend a Super Bowl party than our friend's bachelorette outing, than that's their problem. Better for me actually, less people to deal with.
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 829
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 Th_sta10
More Numbers : 6158911
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:25 am

Had to take my mom to the hospital today to get some tests done to see if her cancer came back (this has to be done every 6 months for her). Can't help to be nervous! >.<
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 12:18 pm

^^Oh man, good luck with that. I hope everything works out. hug
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7689061
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 1:50 pm

QueenbHorror wrote:
Had to take my mom to the hospital today to get some tests done to see if her cancer came back (this has to be done every 6 months for her). Can't help to be nervous! >.<

hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 829
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 Th_sta10
More Numbers : 6158911
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 3:10 pm

Diva & Raven- Thank you for the support! heart
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 3:52 pm

A coworker is leaving and I'm being offered her position. It's a bullsh*t job, so I was really offended when they presented it to me as a "great opportunity". You know, people, I've been here for almost 5 years - who are you trying to fool? I must look stupid to these people.

I told them I'd do it temporarily until a real replacement could be found. The person's supervisor is going on maternity leave soon, so there's no time to find a real replacement right now.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
More Numbers : 7568556
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 4:36 pm

QueenbHorror wrote:

Hopefully all turns out well hug
Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 5:34 pm

QueenbHorror wrote:

Best of luck to her! Hope everything turns out all right. hug

La Diva Carlotta wrote:
A coworker is leaving and I'm being offered her position. It's a bullsh*t job, so I was really offended when they presented it to me as a "great opportunity". You know, people, I've been here for almost 5 years - who are you trying to fool? I must look stupid to these people.

I told them I'd do it temporarily until a real replacement could be found. The person's supervisor is going on maternity leave soon, so there's no time to find a real replacement right now.

Rolling Eyes

Does it pay better, though? Wink
Back to top Go down
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 5:58 pm

I f**king hate online applicatioins!!!! blast
I had to do a f**king math aptitude test, get it all finished & the f**king webpage/server that the application is running craps out on me. f**king waste of time.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:54 pm

^^ Arrgh! Yep, similar frustration recently when I chose the option to upload a resume along with my application online -- and chopped-up bits of my resume wound up in all the entry fields. Had to go through and correct everything field by field. Then there was some sort of test of how honest I am... it was timed, strangely... The whole app took just under 2 hrs!
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:01 pm

QueenbHorror wrote:

I understand. I have been there before many times
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:20 pm

RedAngel wrote:

La Diva Carlotta wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Does it pay better, though? Wink

Ha ha! Yeah right! The person currently in that position earns less than me. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if these assholes tried to cut my salary.
Back to top Go down
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:46 pm

RedAngel wrote:
^^ Arrgh! Yep, similar frustration recently when I chose the option to upload a resume along with my application online -- and chopped-up bits of my resume wound up in all the entry fields. Had to go through and correct everything field by field. Then there was some sort of test of how honest I am... it was timed, strangely... The whole app took just under 2 hrs!

Yikes! Freaking online applications horrors. I can't even access the application again nor the other photo app that was posted. Wtf? Maybe it's a major sign that I need to just work for myself. Be my own man. Stick it to myself tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next