TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Go down 
+12
Madelchai
MoonRaven
Vampira132
endless dark
helen damnation
WrappedinReflection
RedAngel
SPF
Ginger_Snaps
deadcoldgothgirl
La Diva Carlotta
QueenbHorror
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7592883
Registration date : 2008-07-21

The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 1:56 am

RedAngel wrote:
My turn... I can't get into every detail, but I'll just say Gareth is starting to give me a hard time about how I manage the money I have left. In fact, he made me feel really awful tonight, like he cared more about money than he did about me. He said he never thought I'd be OK about "hemorrhaging money." That's brain-bending to me, considering one of us actually knows what it's like to only be able to afford Ramen noodles for dinner, and the other has never needed to learn to budget.

I'd wager he's worrying about the possible financial strain that might occour if you're not able to find something soon.

My guess, anyway.
Back to top Go down
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7568556
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 1:23 pm

Red-Whilst Gareth might be worried about your finances, it is not fair of him to assume that you are "hemorrhaging money" to use his quote. No one tries to do that when they don't have the finances coming in like they were previously. It may seem like you are bleeding resources since the full income isn't coming in like it was before, but you are working your hardest to make something come into fruition hug I know it sounds cliche as hell, but it will all work out soon! Just as you mentioned before, you're using your powers that be to your full advantage, but the outside forces need to come together now. This whole universal- entropic-physics thing needs to ease up for a minute tongue
Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Madelchai: So am I, I assure you. I didn't think I'd be unemployed for this long. That doesn't mean I'm going to suddenly stop paying for utilities/groceries/healthcare/student loan/part-of-mortgage in order to conserve the cash I have left. Money does have to come out, whether I like it or not, or I wreck our credit. It's a big leap of faith, but I don't see a better option.

I did the math and found that my unemployment benefits are 54% of what I used to earn. It's better than nothing, but that's still a loss in income of about $170 per week. If I -- no, if *we* as a family -- could live comfortably on 54% of my old income, I wouldn't have had any financial pressures back when I was working. And I did. I could take a job at min. wage right now, sure, but I'd make less than I do through my benefits now -- and there'd be less time for job searching and interviews.

Someone might say, "this is what you get for majoring in Art (gallery management)." Well, I chose the future that would please *me* as an individual. And I'm pleased by astoundingly little: an apt., a bus route, a lack of pet if need be. But then I fell for someone who wanted more, and initially agreed to take on the lion's share of these expenses to keep things fair. Now he's basically got all he ever wanted (house, dog, upgraded car) but does nothing but complain about the costs instead of being thankful for what he has.

Not trying to rant, just illustrating that I've thought about all of this. No one grills me better than I grill myself. For the time being, my solution is to sharply divide our expenses: no more covering small expenses (shipping something, or getting takeout) for Gareth just because it's convenient; he needs to see what things really cost.

WIR: Thanks for the support. hug I really don't know what else I can do. I wish I knew.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 S3mrtd
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Everything this weekend feels wrong. I have to have pictures for a sports feature due on monday. All three people I had lined up to take pictures of backed out on me. I tried talking to my student partner, and she hasn't gotten back to me yet.

My dream from this morning has me feeling out of place. A part of me feels really depressed, and I'm not sure why. I'm scared about not being able to find an internship. If I can't find and internship, how am I going to get a job? I feel like I could be trying harder, but I can't push myself to move anymore. I feel stuck.

This weekend has been very quiet too. Bo's friend has pretty much taken over his life lately. I'm all for him helping out a friend, but can I have my boyfriend back for two minutes? Please? Normally he calls me before bed, and he hasn't done that in a while since being with his friend. I always get a text good morning from him. It is almost 3 pm, and I still haven't heard from him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:07 am

Dear gym goers,

Come here to work, not to exclusively socialize. Three people tonight were just sitting on the ab equipment for over half an hour, chatting it up, not a one of them doing a goddamn thing.

All the rage.

Get. The f**k. Out. It's not the f**king Guiding Hand Social Club.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
More Numbers : 7595057
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:28 pm

^^Ha ha! So true! That used to drive me crazy too! The other thing that used to bug me was having to wait to use the treadmills, especially when the people using them were just walking at a slow pace. Really, you can't go for a walk outside, so you have to hog a treadmill?

My rant: there was a Venetian Hour at the wedding reception yesterday. There were five large tables set with all kinds of cakes, pastries, fruit, gelato, chocolate fountains, and other dessert goodies. Because the guests were already full after the cocktail hour and main course, the desserts were barely touched. We asked one of the waiters what happens with the unused food - she told us everything gets thrown out. My husband's $7000 wasted.

Bitches better pay him back.
Back to top Go down
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:55 pm

‎-Walking to the checkout at Stop & Shop. Spot a register that looks like is just finishing up, and has a younger kid working it, which means it'll be near done by the time I get there.

-Accelerate pace to get there before someone else.

-Triumphantly round corner just as the previous customer is on her way. Excitement that I'll soon be on my way home!

-Almost steamroll over a 4 foot tall Asian woman that was there the whole time that I couldn't see behind the impulse racks. With 3 kids. And a carriage practically bursting full.

-FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-----
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:27 pm

How the hell am I supposed to write a historical research paper over Edward Sylvester Morse? For one, the man is a jack a$$. He was a Social Darwinist, dropped out of every school he ever enrolled in (including a PAID stay at HARVARD) because he was bored and thought he had learned enough, and to top it all off- his written works are stream-of-conciousness types of writing. He states in the introductions that he doesn't find culture, politics, or geography interesting and so excuses himself from giving names and dates from his 'facts.' He seriously has more interest in Japanese latrines than he does in the people who built them.

And I'm supposed to be able to write about this douche for 13-15 pages? WTF.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7583927
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:55 am

nsanelilmunky wrote:
How the hell am I supposed to write a historical research paper over Edward Sylvester Morse? For one, the man is a jack a$$. He was a Social Darwinist, dropped out of every school he ever enrolled in (including a PAID stay at HARVARD) because he was bored and thought he had learned enough, and to top it all off- his written works are stream-of-conciousness types of writing. He states in the introductions that he doesn't find culture, politics, or geography interesting and so excuses himself from giving names and dates from his 'facts.' He seriously has more interest in Japanese latrines than he does in the people who built them.

And I'm supposed to be able to write about this douche for 13-15 pages? WTF.

I'm assuming the paper is double spaced, so it should only be 7-8 pages long, that isn't that bad. As a historical research paper, are you allowed to place personal opinion into your paper, or is this a simple (boring) fact-only writing assignment?

If so, you could discuss how he was an elitest because he traced his family back to the Morse, who landed in Newbury, Mass from England in 1630's. How he could have been diagnosed with some form of bi-polar or ADHD because his behavior during childhood was out of control.

That as he got older he was in Bethel Academy and as an understudy discovered an unknown species of snail. Then his time at Harvard ended as part of a protest (supposedly) against Louis Agassiz. He discoverer important archeological finds close to Tokyo, and established bio-lab in Kanagawa. Even though he was a prick and racist, he helped introduce modern scientific methods and zoology and biology to Japan, as well as introducing Darwinism evolution to Japan intelects which changed the political/religious culture of their society.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:39 am

^^^I'm meant to argue a point, but my point has to be backed by facts.

And yes, he did do some things, but seeing as this paper is for my Meiji Japan class, it needs to be focused on the things he did in Japan. Yes, he is credited with bringing those things to Japan, but he was not the only scientist that was going to Japan. There were actually other scientists/intellectuals there who were aiming to do the same things as Morse. The only reason that he got the job (according to his fangirl biographer) is because he recognized the Omori mounds as middens before anyone else.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7689061

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Co-worker wants this Sunday and next Sunday (Easter) off.
Pisses me off cause she knows I work at the school Mon-Fri. Knows that I work at the gallery on Saturdays....geez.
I don't even get why she needs them off. She's outta there by 9am. And on Easter she's doesn't even cook the dinner.
GRRRRR
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:46 am

Yup. That's it. I'm leaving the planet first opportunity. Arranging for it now, in fact.

The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 528792_10150701171797300_19157172299_9167384_1946805643_n
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7691076

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 4:25 am

^^^^^^^

Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Madelchai: I said the exact same thing when I saw that. It made me cringe; thus, I am on the same rocket that is going to take you away from this planet.

My rant: I woke up on my first alarm. Hit snooze, fell back asleep only to have the most horrible dream; wake up frantically and realize that I have ten minutes to get ready and be at my class that takes about 25 minutes to get to. frustated I made it just in time. I hope the rest of the day goes smoother than my morning.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Extremely annoyed by all the photo tagging requests on Facebook since the wedding. I really don't need 500 pictures of me and the bride on my page. Plus, my bridesmaid dress was unflattering.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 3:35 pm

Madelchai wrote:
Yup. That's it. I'm leaving the planet first opportunity. Arranging for it now, in fact.

The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 528792_10150701171797300_19157172299_9167384_1946805643_n

WrappedinReflection wrote:
Madelchai: I said the exact same thing when I saw that. It made me cringe; thus, I am on the same rocket that is going to take you away from this planet.

My rant: I woke up on my first alarm. Hit snooze, fell back asleep only to have the most horrible dream; wake up frantically and realize that I have ten minutes to get ready and be at my class that takes about 25 minutes to get to. frustated I made it just in time. I hope the rest of the day goes smoother than my morning.

Madelchai and WIR: I read those reviews and thought "Kill me now; I'm officially not fit for the modern world, and things aren't getting better." Then I realized, by virtue of your posts, that I'm not the only one who feels that way. Intelligence isn't dead yet, and that's encouraging.

Also, WIR: I've been in that situation, with the alarms! Ah, that sucks -- when you think "I can still get a little sleep" and then spend the whole time enduring a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 829
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 Th_sta10
More Numbers : 6158911
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 3:53 pm

It seems like everyone in my family has lost their goddamn minds. Get you're sh*t together or get the hell out! Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:58 pm

Carb overload again today. I really need to modify my diet. Been feeling sluggish, and not just because of the work & school thing happening now. Gross sad or frown
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:53 am

Madelchai wrote:

What the? I consider it one of the easiest reads. Oh man, one sentence of Poe would have exploded their heads with sheer complexity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 9:27 am

^^^Considering how many stars over all the book has, I'm guessing the screen shot is of the worst comments and that there are very few of them that rated the book that low.
Back to top Go down
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:37 pm

I am overly hungry today. Possibly due to lack of time to eat much since I have been running around like a mad woman all week and weekend. Looking forward to making a comforting, delicious dinner Smile
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7689061

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 9:03 pm

Ok any one else felt the need to laugh at the middle and last comment?
How the hell can you compare Dracula and Twilight??? "After reading Twilight I thought I should read the original just for fun." Original what?? Not the same.geez
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:18 am

I just read through a list of symptoms of dyslexia... I've done or do a lot of the things listed. sad or frown

Especially the mixing around of words/phrases/numbers/letters. It took me forever in school to get p, d, b, q down right. They were all pretty much interchangeable when I first started school... same with m and w. That's actually started to come back a little with learning new languages sad or frown I still get numbers mixed around... Earlier this week, I was trying to tell the financial aid advisor the number 2800 but it came out 8200... Neutral Then there's all these other things that I do/have done that I didn't know were associated with dyslexia.. I just attributed some of it to being left-handed and having an odd birthday. I could never remember if the day or month came first when writing a date (I would look at my birthday, but 7-7 doesn't help) and I've always had trouble with directions and writing... and watching my pen/cil move on the page. I 'grab' words a few letters at a time when copying them from another source, I have a death grip on my pencil (ha... just tried typing grib) to the point I will sometimes have to shake out my hand and my fingers will get indentions in them. I speak in sentence fragments. Messy bedroom where everything is stacked? yup. TONS of ear infections. etc..
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:00 pm

^^And this was never diagnosed in childhood? Crazy! Did you have any academic issues in school? On the bright side, you were able to make it to college, and it sounds as if you've been doing well academically.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:03 pm

^^^Academic and social problems. I did fine mainly though. The schools I went to weren't exactly the types that gave a damn about psychology. If I do actually have dyslexia, it's a very mild form. It's more an annoyance than anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 30 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next