TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Random Thoughts

Go down 
+10
Spooky
MoonRaven
QueenbHorror
endless dark
Madelchai
RedAngel
La Diva Carlotta
Ginger_Snaps
deadcoldgothgirl
WrappedinReflection
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Random Thoughts - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:43 pm

^^^This guy got his money by manufacturing stuff farmers wanted. Seriously... He started off by making heavy duty cattle cars and then started to expand to other things like trailers, mulchers, cultivators, etc. He then bought out some other companies like Brillion, Bendi, and Drexel. He pretty much owns all of Marysville, Kansas.

He's also put a lot of money back into the community and his shops. For example, my job involves working with laser cutters that range in price from $680,000 to over 2 million. In town, he was bought some empty businesses and has fixed them up in order to reopen them (like the bowling alley) and I'm pretty sure he funds a lot of the projects around town (by schools, parks, groups, etc).

Then again, he can be temperamental and to me seems a little intimidating since he could probably fire me. He's been known to go off on employees on some of his walk throughs. Like the one guy that didn't have his tape measure he yelled at, arms flailing, and all that. Had the guy written up for it.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Random Thoughts - Page 19 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:33 pm

La Diva Carlotta wrote:

Ha ha!

But seriously, often it's not what you know but who you know.

Oh God, tell me about it! heh

nsanelilmunky wrote:
^^^This guy got his money by manufacturing stuff farmers wanted. Seriously... He started off by making heavy duty cattle cars and then started to expand to other things like trailers, mulchers, cultivators, etc. He then bought out some other companies like Brillion, Bendi, and Drexel. He pretty much owns all of Marysville, Kansas.

He's also put a lot of money back into the community and his shops. For example, my job involves working with laser cutters that range in price from $680,000 to over 2 million. In town, he was bought some empty businesses and has fixed them up in order to reopen them (like the bowling alley) and I'm pretty sure he funds a lot of the projects around town (by schools, parks, groups, etc).

Then again, he can be temperamental and to me seems a little intimidating since he could probably fire me. He's been known to go off on employees on some of his walk throughs. Like the one guy that didn't have his tape measure he yelled at, arms flailing, and all that. Had the guy written up for it.

Excellent to hear he's investing in the revitalization of the community. I do respect that. And since he worked his way up a bit at a time, he's probably got a good sense of just how much all this success really means -- and that's an increasingly rare breed of businessman nowadays. That said, there were probably plenty of contacts who went to bat for him along the way, plenty of people who liked him and his ideas enough to tell other people with whom he would eventually build his success. People pulled strings, so to speak, to get his ideas in front of the right investors. Diva's right; it is often who you know.

As for the intimidation factor, I definitely understand that. But all the bigwigs had to start somewhere, and none of them deserve to have the attitude that they are demigods. They'll appreciate hard work, and unfortunately be quick to judge and fly off the handle, but they'll also want to be seen for their abilities and not their money. They're very, very human -- sometimes they need a Claritin, sometimes they need a bathroom, and they will worry when their wife's battling cancer (money can't get them out of everything).*

*Yes, thinking partly of my father-in-law here, whose work ethic and humility are not what one would expect of such a successful person. And no, I am not a frequent benefactor of the dividends; I choose not to be whenever possible. Mom-in-law is healthy now, btw; breast cancer is highly treatable if you find it in time.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : Random Thoughts - Page 19 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7579292
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:08 pm

nsanelilmunky wrote:
I met a millionaire/possible-billionaire today. Not really any thoughts about it.

Warren Buffet lol?
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 829
: : Random Thoughts - Page 19 Th_sta10
More Numbers : 6158911
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:37 am

I have a lot of things to get done today, I just hope my laziness doesn't get in my way.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Random Thoughts - Page 19 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7595057
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:53 am

Going to have my breakfast, finish up whatever paperwork I have due, and then work on my school paper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:46 pm

SPF wrote:
nsanelilmunky wrote:
I met a millionaire/possible-billionaire today. Not really any thoughts about it.

Warren Buffet lol?

Don Landoll
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Random Thoughts - Page 19 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7583927
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 3:30 pm

There is a decent debate which states that the cockroach is a close relative to the lobster, if that's true, I've figured out the solution for the roach problem we have.

Butter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:54 pm

^^Hahaha ha ha haha ha!!!

LOL LOL LOL
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:45 pm

Having one of those guilt ridden yet giddy moments after ordering a new outfit on-line. It wasn't an impulse buy by no means, but just a little bit more than I told myself I was going to spend. >.<
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Random Thoughts - Page 19 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:40 am

^^ Aw no, don't feel that way. hug Once you get it, you'll no doubt find it was worth it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:20 pm

Dear Judy Jo, Kanban is not synonymous with scavenger hunt.
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : Random Thoughts - Page 19 S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7592883
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 6:29 pm

I keep disappearing. Yet I always come back eventually.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:34 pm

deadcoldgothgirl wrote:
I keep disappearing. Yet I always come back eventually.

You'd become an assassin in the Whedonverse
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:33 pm

1. I appreciate that my friends thought of me and got veggie burgers for today's BBQ, but why did they wait for everything else to cook before they put my stuff on the grill? Everyone else was enjoying their cheeseburgers while I starved waiting for my stuff to be prepared.

2. Oh puhleeeeze! Don't b!tch and moan about unrequited love and/or friendship when you're actively ignoring those who care about you and are reaching out to you.
Back to top Go down
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
: : Random Thoughts - Page 19 Bjevig
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:03 am

La Diva Carlotta wrote:
1. I appreciate that my friends thought of me and got veggie burgers for today's BBQ, but why did they wait for everything else to cook before they put my stuff on the grill? Everyone else was enjoying their cheeseburgers while I starved waiting for my stuff to be prepared.

It's possible they waited because they cleaned/scraped the grill down so you didn't get meat remnants in your burger, especially if they went to the trouble of getting them themselves they may well have considered that. When you have people over though you have to worry about the most of the people first, really. One person waiting a few minutes more is easier than everyone else doing it is what it comes down to. Have to try and keep everyone happy much as possible. They could have thrown it on there beforehand in a meat free area but some people also freak the hell out if something they eat even comes within 8 feet of meat, so there may have been the concern about that.

Just speculating, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:47 am

dear Goth, can I buy a vowel from an outside gene-pool, please?
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:58 am

Madelchai wrote:
La Diva Carlotta wrote:

It's possible they waited because they cleaned/scraped the grill down so you didn't get meat remnants in your burger, especially if they went to the trouble of getting them themselves they may well have considered that. When you have people over though you have to worry about the most of the people first, really. One person waiting a few minutes more is easier than everyone else doing it is what it comes down to. Have to try and keep everyone happy much as possible. They could have thrown it on there beforehand in a meat free area but some people also freak the hell out if something they eat even comes within 8 feet of meat, so there may have been the concern about that.

No, they didn't clean off the grill, and the veggie burgers were actually cooked along side some meat products. Since they were already going to cook everything together they might as well have thrown in a veggie patty with the first batch of burgers they grilled. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:50 pm

^Hopefully it didn't make you ill. I know if I go to Mongolian BBQ and they cook my veggies without cleaning the grill I'm as good as sick.
Back to top Go down
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:34 pm

La Diva Carlotta wrote:
Madelchai wrote:
La Diva Carlotta wrote:

No, they didn't clean off the grill, and the veggie burgers were actually cooked along side some meat products. Since they were already going to cook everything together they might as well have thrown in a veggie patty with the first batch of burgers they grilled. Just sayin'.

Then I got nothin'. Maybe they just forgot about it until a bit later on.
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : Random Thoughts - Page 19 S3mrtd
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:54 pm

I loved he way my nails looked when I had on he acrylics. I took them off. Holy crap my nails got super thin in a month.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:46 am

I couldn't justify placing this in the Rant or happy thread, because it kinda breaks even.

One of my classes, one of the 5 classes mind you I was registered for just up and vanished, not sure the reason why. The remaining days this particular class is also held, does not fit into the schedule of the other four; so I was bit upset about that. I contacted my advisor who is all kinds of nice, and had some questions, and she informed me of an online class, which isn't the smae class I was planning on taking, but still one that my major requires. So, with a few clicks of buttons and approvals, I get to take a 5th class and have it be one I can stay home for since it only deals with writing/images/research. So, I think I'm happy about it, no, I am happy about it. Only downside was that the class I wanted to take would have given me a break between classes to see some friends from the same building on the campus... oh well, fun lunches do not compare to a faster diploma.

Even more random thought: Why do people claim they "slept like a baby", when those things wake up screaming every three hours for something?
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Random Thoughts - Page 19 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7691076

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:19 pm

think maybe I had to much caffine today, my arms are all tingly and my head wants to explode. I don't have a headache, my brains just going a million miles an hour and I'm pretty sure if it could hop out of the skull for a bit and go on its own adventure it would and the arms would go with it... coffee jitter fun.... to much coffee, wayyyy to much coffee Random Thoughts - Page 19 Smiley_drinkcoffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:22 am

One of my toenails came off today. Will it grow back? blush
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 4:26 am

La Diva Carlotta wrote:

Depends on what part of the toe it fell from; if it just sloughed off painlessly, then I'm going to gander a no but if it tore off from just a little past the cuticle, it may. It all depends on if the root is healthy (as par my understanding).
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Random Thoughts - Page 19 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7691076

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 4:33 pm

La Diva Carlotta wrote:
probably, I've had a couple nailes removed that were ingrown and it takes months but they grew back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next