TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For Xbox

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7642196
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For Xbox   Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:40 am

Microsoft Reveals New Strategy for Xbox
By SETH SCHIESEL
Published: June 1, 2009

LOS ANGELES — Reaching out beyond hardcore video game players to everyday consumers, Microsoft outlined an entertainment strategy on Monday for making the company’s Xbox 360 game console a gateway for movies, television and social networking.

In a media presentation on the eve of E3, the video game industry’s biggest North American convention, Microsoft announced new relationships with the social networking giants Facebook and Twitter as well as Sky, the big British satellite television provider that is a unit of the News Corporation.

Microsoft announced that Facebook users would be able to access their profiles and share photos on their television through the Xbox Live network and that Twitter devotees would also be able to post and read messages through the service.

More far-reaching was Microsoft’s new deal with Sky, under which Xbox Live users in Britain will be able to watch live television, including professional soccer, over an Internet version of the Sky service. Not every channel available over satellite will be available over Xbox Live, but the offering will include dozens of stations, Microsoft executives said. Users will be able to watch television in a virtual party room with their friends, discussing the program as they are watching, they said.

Microsoft has long sought a bigger role in home television, going so far in years past as to try to build its own set-top box business. Partnering with Sky represents a back door into the television market. The company has also recognized how Nintendo has expanded the traditional audience for video games with its innovative motion-sensitive controller for the Wii. Microsoft provided the first public demonstration of its futuristic Project Natal, which it hopes will usher in an age of completely controller-free gaming.

Using a sophisticated camera, infrared sensors and voice recognition software, Natal allows users to control a game or other programs, like a virtual painting studio, merely by waving their arms, speaking to the system and moving around.

Microsoft did not say when the technology would become available.

Microsoft also demonstrated some of its coming big games, including Forza Motorsport 3, the suspense-thriller Alan Wake and a new version of its biggest hit, Halo. Hideo Kojima, the developer behind the Metal Gear series, said that the next major installment in that franchise would be available for Xbox 360, a coup for Microsoft because previous Metal Gear games had been exclusive to Sony game machines.
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7671527
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For Xbox   Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:07 pm

Im sorry but a GAMING console is for playing GAMES not for online banter and browsing, thats what a MIRCROSOFT PC or a MAC PC is there for.!
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7583240
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For Xbox   Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:15 pm

^^Agreed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For Xbox   Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For  Xbox I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Outlines New Strategy For Xbox
Page 1 of 1