TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible

Go down 
+2
endless dark
ravengrim
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible Evil10
More Numbers : 7696447
Registration date : 2008-07-21

The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible Empty
PostSubject: The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible   The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:20 pm

I don't know about anyone else,but I've been dying to see this since I first read about the idea of it 8 years ago.

Anthony Stewart Head, who played Giles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, told reporters that he is still discussing a possible British spinoff series or film centering on his character with creator Joss Whedon.

Just as news is breaking that a new Buffy movie is in the works, Head said that he was talking about the proposed spinoff, to be called Ripper, with Whedon just before Whedon began to conceive Fox's Dollhouse.

"I actually introduced Joss to Julie Gardner, who was the executive producer on [Merlin] with the BBC," Head said in a conference call on Monday during which he was promoting Merlin. "She has long wanted to do something with the project. There are obviously complications with Ripper, because there are lots of tie-ins. There's Fox, there's the Kuzuis [who own the rights to Buffy], there's all sorts of stuff. Basically, it isn't just the simple question of Joss making a series that he wants to make. As far as anything concerned with Buffy, there are a lot of people down the line that would have a say. That's part of the equation, but we were sort of talking about what we might do with it. Pretty much at that point he had this conversation with Eliza [Dushku about Dollhouse], and the rest is history, for the moment."

Whedon announced plans for a Ripper series as soon as Head left Buffy in 2001 to return to his home in England. Over the past eight years, the idea has evolved, he said.

"Originally, when he pitched it to me, it was a series, and it was Giles as this sad, lonely man in England without a real reason to be," Head said. "It was pretty much ghost stories. Week by week, some ghost story would somehow affect him. Then he said he didn't want to. By that time, I think he had been affected by Angel, the need to write a weekly story. I think he found at that point the drive was different, so he suggested this one film that we were going to make. He told me this story that he had written, and it's absolutely beautiful, and I hope that one day it gets made, whether it's in the guise of Ripper or whether we just tell it as a one-off TV movie. It's a lovely, lovely story. It's kind of a ghost story. It's also about a man investigating his own soul, and it's fascinating, lovely, sad, and it's classic Joss Whedon. I hope we get to make it one day. From there on in, if it was successful, maybe he could have been convinced to do a series. As I say, now he's back in the seat of doing a weekly series with Dollhouse; maybe he can be convinced otherwise. Never say never, but at the same time, I think it's on a shelf for a while."

Just in case Ripper remains on Whedon's shelf, Head offered hints as to what Giles' nickname means after all. "I don't think we'll ever really know," he said. "I think Ripper just means it's the darker side of someone that you suddenly see that you never ever knew existed. It's a very dark side, and we got to see some of it in Buffy. He's the only guy who's killed an innocent man in Buffy, although Faith did, but Faith was bad. He smothered somebody who ultimately was an innocent bystander. That takes some darkness. That's Ripper."
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7691076

PostSubject: Re: The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible   The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:28 pm

its about time they got back to talking spin offs, I remember they wanted to do a spin off for willow, spike and giles but none took off... The one for Giles I didn't think would be happening though since it was called "the watchers" and by the time the show ended their weren't really any "watchers" around but at least their still thinking of something...
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7689061

PostSubject: Re: The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible   The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:44 am

That would be cool to see.
I like spin offs if they do it right. It's a good way to keep the show alive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
chelseagirl
chelseagirl

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 311
More Numbers : 7572291
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible   The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 12:55 pm

That would be really awesome! I LOVE Tony Head. He is a sexy man, a great actor, and a great singer. I'd love to see him reprise his role of Giles.
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7654013
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible   The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:26 pm

^ grin

Angel was good, the few I got to see. I'd vote YaY.

I just like having more of theses type shows on the air.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756

PostSubject: Re: The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible   The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 5:35 pm

Sounds great!

I adore Tony Head. He's cook as fcuk - he was fab in Repo too grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible   The Buffy spinoff Ripper may still be possible I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1